Good News for those who hate TV announcers

knapplc

I caught this on the radio last night as they were announcing it, then plum forgot about it until now:

7384255.jpg

Turn Down ESPN, Turn Up Your Husker Announcers

If the last two weeks have taught us anything it's that Husker fans are getting fed up with ESPN college football announcers who are critical of the way some Husker players have played the game.

Whether or not you agree with what is being said, we know that you want to enjoy the telecast with announcers who know your team best. That's why 1400 KLIN is going to sync up our audio with the television video for this Saturday's game with Iowa State so you can choose which announcer crew you want to hear.

As many of you may already know, delays in the television feed make it difficult to "turn down the TV and turn up the radio" because the radio seems to be several seconds ahead of the picture. Now, 1400 KLIN has the ability to adjust that delay to better sync it with the pictures and we intend to do that for the Iowa State game which can be seen on ABC. Here's how it will work.

At kickoff, KLIN will gauge the amount of delay between our audio and the ABC video using the feed from KLKN TV's High Definition channel (108 on Time Warner digital cable.)** Then we will activate our delay to match the call from The Voice of the Huskers Greg Sharpe and Matt Davison on 1400 KLIN. It may take a couple of plays to full engage but once it does you will be able to enjoy the call from Greg and Matt, the guys who know your Huskers.

So enjoy this weekend's game without the ESPN spin. Exclusively on Lincoln's Husker Radio, 1400 KLIN.

**For those watching on satellite or standard definition (either over-the-air or TWC channel 8), the delay might be different than HD. KLIN will try to find a "happy medium" between those delays so everyone, regardless of what kind of TV they have, can enjoy the Husker Sports Network broadcast.

Nebraska Stations

* Ainsworth - 1400 KBRB-AM

* Alliance - 1400 KCOW-AM

* Aurora - 97.3 KRGY-FM

* Beatrice - 1450 KWBE-AM

* Broken Bow - 95.3 KBBN-FM

* Chadron - 610 KCSR-AM

* Columbus - 900 KJSK-AM/101.1 KLIR-FM

* Fairbury - 99.5 KUTT-AM

* Falls City - 1230 KTNC-AM/101.3 KLZA-FM

* Fremont - 105.5 KFMT-FM

* Grand Island - 1430 KRGI-AM

* Hastings - 1230 KHAS-AM/94.5 KLIQ-FM

* Holdrege - 1380 KUVR-AM/97.7 KMTY-FM

* Kearney - 1340 KGFW-AM/105.9 KQKY-FM

* Lexington - 880 KRVN-AM

* Lincoln - 1400 KLIN-AM/98.1 KFGE-FM

* McCook - 93.9 KSWN-FM

* Norfolk - 94.7 KNEN-FM

* North Platte - 1240 KODY-AM/103.5 KXNP-FM

* Ogallala - 930 KOGA-AM

* Omaha - 1110 KFAB-AM

* Scottsbluff - 960 KNEB-AM/94.1 KNEB-FM

* Sidney - 1340 KSID-AM/98.7 KSID-FM

* Superior - 1600 KRFS-AM/103.9 KRFS-FM

* Valentine - 940 KVSH-AM

* Wayne - 1590 KTCH-AM

* West Point - 840 KTIC-AM

Out-of-State Stations

Arizona

* Tempe, 1060 KDUS-AM

Arkansas

* Rogers, 790 KURM-AM

Colorado

* Denver, 101.5 KTNI-FM

Iowa

* Sioux City, 620 KMNS-AM

Missouri

* Kansas City/Independence, 1510 KCTE-AM/810 WHB-AM

Nevada

* Las Vegas, 1400 KSHP-AM

South Dakota

* Rapid City, 1340 KTOQ-AM

* Sioux Falls, 1140 KSOO-AM

* Winner, 1260 KWYR-AM

* Yankton, 93.1 KKYA-FM

Washington

* Seattle, 1150 KKNW-AM

--------------------------

I have a radio setup in the TV room, something I was already planning to to. Enough is enough with the ESPN clowns.

I caught this on the radio last night as they were announcing it, then plum forgot about it until now:

7384255.jpg

Turn Down ESPN, Turn Up Your Husker Announcers

If the last two weeks have taught us anything it's that Husker fans are getting fed up with ESPN college football announcers who are critical of the way some Husker players have played the game.

Whether or not you agree with what is being said, we know that you want to enjoy the telecast with announcers who know your team best. That's why 1400 KLIN is going to sync up our audio with the television video for this Saturday's game with Iowa State so you can choose which announcer crew you want to hear.

As many of you may already know, delays in the television feed make it difficult to "turn down the TV and turn up the radio" because the radio seems to be several seconds ahead of the picture. Now, 1400 KLIN has the ability to adjust that delay to better sync it with the pictures and we intend to do that for the Iowa State game which can be seen on ABC. Here's how it will work.

At kickoff, KLIN will gauge the amount of delay between our audio and the ABC video using the feed from KLKN TV's High Definition channel (108 on Time Warner digital cable.)** Then we will activate our delay to match the call from The Voice of the Huskers Greg Sharpe and Matt Davison on 1400 KLIN. It may take a couple of plays to full engage but once it does you will be able to enjoy the call from Greg and Matt, the guys who know your Huskers.

So enjoy this weekend's game without the ESPN spin. Exclusively on Lincoln's Husker Radio, 1400 KLIN.

**For those watching on satellite or standard definition (either over-the-air or TWC channel 8), the delay might be different than HD. KLIN will try to find a "happy medium" between those delays so everyone, regardless of what kind of TV they have, can enjoy the Husker Sports Network broadcast.

FWIW When I was a kid I recall many people in linclon with the radio on and the TV turned down and as I recall it worked just fine. Of course in 70's and early 80's I don't know if delays were used for live events (pre wardrobe malfunction days)