Why The Cyclones Beat Nebraska On Saturday...

LMAO These people think that they are actually going to win... at least the dumb fans isu fans do.

http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/football/105461-isu-nu-prediction-thread.html

Looks to me like 90% are predicting NU win, and how can you blame the other 10% for believing in their team? Those "dumb" ISU fans were all right about the game last year.

You didn't read all 3 pages,at least 50% think that we will lose. Yeah lets have confidence in a team thats 85-17-2 against us that's being a smart iowa state fan.

LMAO These people think that they are actually going to win... at least the dumb fans isu fans do.

http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/football/105461-isu-nu-prediction-thread.html

Looks to me like 90% are predicting NU win, and how can you blame the other 10% for believing in their team? Those "dumb" ISU fans were all right about the game last year.

You didn't read all 3 pages,at least 50% think that we will lose.

That's an abysmal percentage. Think about it - 50% of their own fans on their own boards think they'll lose, when you could barely find five fans here who predicted we'd lose to Texas.

You didn't read all 3 pages,at least 50% think that we will lose.

That's an abysmal percentage. Think about it - 50% of their own fans on their own boards think they'll lose, when you could barely find five fans here who predicted we'd lose to Texas.

Yeah but lets be realistic here.... It's iowa freakin state for crying outloud... last time I checked they were not Texas.

LMAO These people think that they are actually going to win... at least the dumb fans isu fans do. LOL I just stole that guys sig on that website.

Are you new to college football or something? A small % of ISU fans thinking they will win is hardly the knee slapper you are describing. For the love of God they were right last year.

What I've learned from dealing with other fans and traveling to other venues is that often you get what you give. There's a$$hole$ in every bunch but for the most part if you treat people with respect and keep your cool you will get it back.

Lumping all fans of one team together is pretty ignorant. Posts like above leave me pretty unsurprised many people find us arrogant and condescending. You see a few and label all, just don't become indignant when someone does it back.

Not calling you ignorant ^^^^ just that I don't agree with that statement at all. I've spouted my fair share of ignorance in my time on this earth...

• Fire 1

"Posts like above leave me pretty unsurprised many people find us arrogant and condescending."

Actually, I can say that in my visits to other fan boards, and being a long-time member of one from my team, Husker fans are deemed the most upstanding, respectful, loyal fans in the NCAA. Yes, every fan base has their retards, but I would say the Husker base has fewer by far than any. Recently on the LSU board, a poster compared LSU fans rightly negative in the light of NU fans. Another poster responded with, "It's not hardly fair to be compared with the best fan base in the country." Everyone promptly agreed.

That being said, I also have a lot of respect for the Cyclone fans, in that, they have had as much reason as any fan to get off the wagon, but the core fan base stays true and is ready to ride the latest success train as far as it will take them. I actually am glad to see them be able to strut a little, as we all know how it feels when your team doesn't compete.

"Posts like above leave me pretty unsurprised many people find us arrogant and condescending."

Actually, I can say that in my visits to other fan boards, and being a long-time member of one from my team, Husker fans are deemed the most upstanding, respectful, loyal fans in the NCAA. Yes, every fan base has their retards, but I would say the Husker base has fewer by far than any. Recently on the LSU board, a poster compared LSU fans rightly negative in the light of NU fans. Another poster responded with, "It's not hardly fair to be compared with the best fan base in the country." Everyone promptly agreed.

That being said, I also have a lot of respect for the Cyclone fans, in that, they have had as much reason as any fan to get off the wagon, but the core fan base stays true and is ready to ride the latest success train as far as it will take them. I actually am glad to see them be able to strut a little, as we all know how it feels when your team doesn't compete.

I said many because it's a subjective term as I'm unable (well, it's impossible really, those who work in Omaha/KC will know what I'm talking about) to quantify specifically. You're not from Big 8/12 land are you? Unfortunately, as with anything, there's always going to be the Kietzman's/DeArmond's (it pisses me off to no end that people like this pass off as legitimate "media" these days) of the world that would love nothing better than to see the reputation of NUs fan base fall flat on it's face. The same people who love kicking down sand castles.

I have complete faith that much of this will go away once we leave conferences as I think tensions are pretty high right now. I met a lot of cool Mizzou fans last weekend but I also met a few who couldn't wait for us to (something about high horses and gtfoing if I recall). You're talking about message boards I'm talking about real life, so until live a while in Big 12 land I don't think you're going to know what I'm talking about.

With that being said I think we're in for some really good times traveling/hosting once we enter the Big 10. It's a clean slate. Nebraskans are really nice by nature (for the most part) and I think most Huskers will be pretty eager to leave a positive first impression.

You can't judge anything off the internet. The best way to judge a fan base is to completely forget everything you've heard, keep an open mind (well, fill it with a little tolerance and perspective) and find things out for yourself.

Again, I'm not going to sit here and debate which fans have the nicest internet fans because that's a pretty pointless discussion. Even on here I've seen someone brag about getting banned from another teams website. It doesn't matter because the internet generally brings out the worst/stupidest in people anyway.

I realize the contradiction in what I posted above and what I'm saying here, and I admittedly should have said "attitudes" like above to be more specific. X fans are all terrible or there's only X # of good fans in X town is something I've heard echoed in real life quite a few times. It is what it is and I'm just advising that everyone step back and have some perspective once in a while. Us Huskers do sometimes have the attitude that winning is our birthright (myself included, though I feel the last 9 years have been a humbling experience) and it comes out. It shouldn't surprise anyone that other people pick up on that and might get a little annoyed with us for it. The rest of the internet bs is stuff that most decent people would keep to themselves when confronted face to face with another fan, so I don't even bother with that (thx Enhance, kinda).

I am confident that anyone who comes here for a game or visits a Husker tailgate at an away game (that is not full of completely wasted/blacked out 19 year olds) will have a very positive experience. Those that don't should probably do some introspection, because as I saw with some of the douchier Mizzou youngsters I ran into last week, if you had a bad experience here, you're probably a dick and/or hater. That is the best way to really experience/judge a fan base, not your annoying ass coworker who wont shut up about the Hawkeye/Cyclones/Tigers.

I said many but it's a subjective term as I'm unable to quantify specifically. You're not from Big 8/12 land are you? Unfortunately, as with anything, there's always going to be the Kietzman's/DeArmond's of the world that would love nothing better than to see the reputation of NUs fan base fall flat on it's face. The same people who love kicking down sand castles.

I have complete faith that much of this will go away once we leave conferences as I think tensions are pretty high right now. I met a lot of cool Mizzou fans last weekend but I also met a few who couldn't wait for us to (something about high horses and gtfoing if I recall). You're talking about message boards I'm talking about real life, so until live a while in Big 12 land I don't think you're going to know what I'm talking about.

With that being said I think we're in for some really good times traveling/hosting once we enter the Big 10. It's a clean slate. Nebraskans are really nice by nature (for the most part) and I think most Huskers will be pretty eager to leave a positive first impression.

You can't judge anything off the internet. The best way to judge a fan base is to completely forget everything you've heard, keep an open mind (well, fill it with a little tolerance and perspective) and find things out for yourself.

Again, I'm not going to sit here and debate which fans have the nicest internet fans because that's a pretty pointless discussion. Even on here I've seen someone brag about getting banned from another teams website. It doesn't matter because the internet generally brings out the worst/stupidest in people anyway.

I realize the contradiction in what I posted above and what I'm saying here, and I admittedly should have said "attitudes" like above to be more specific. X fans are all terrible or there's only X # of good fans in X town is something I've heard echoed in real life quite a few times. It is what it is and I'm just advising that everyone step back and have some perspective once in a while. Us Huskers do sometimes have the attitude that winning is our birthright (myself included) and it comes out once in a while. It shouldn't surprise anyone that other people pick up on that and might get a little annoyed with us for it. The rest of the internet bs is stuff that most decent people would keep to themselves when confronted face to face with another fan, so I don't even bother with that.

I have lived in Georgia for the last year, but lived the previous 19 in Iowa. My wife is from Omaha and her whole family, of course, are Big Red fans. I lived around fans of all conferences. You are verging on insult when you assume I base my opinions on the internet. I was speaking the truth, using one example from a message board as a compliment, not to wage any kind of debate with you or anyone about fan bases.

Actually, I can say that in my visits to other fan boards, and being a long-time member of one from my team, Husker fans are deemed the most upstanding, respectful, loyal fans in the NCAA.

Well sorry then but what exactly did you want me to think when you lead with that? If you wanted to talk about real life then perhaps you should talk about it instead of bringing up message boards? That's verging on baffling.

You married into some nice Husker fans. Of course you're going to think they/we are great.

Not everyone has an awesome/positive first impression to reinforce. You essentially did what I said everyone should do, be nice (you obviously had to be nice to get her to marry you) and find out for yourself, so.... ya...

EDIT: We both think Cyclone fans are pretty cool for the most part, and so I just can't figure out what's going on? I took issue with someone hinting that Cy is the exception not the rule, and you got insulted by what came after by someone who you agree with more or less, so yea, a little baffled still.

Actually, I can say that in my visits to other fan boards, and being a long-time member of one from my team, Husker fans are deemed the most upstanding, respectful, loyal fans in the NCAA.

Well sorry then but what exactly did you want me to think when you lead with that? If you wanted to talk about real life then perhaps you should talk about it instead of bringing up message boards? That's verging on baffling.

my bad

It's cool. You're going to have to explain the Cajun name/LSU avatar because it is also confusing me after reading the rest of your history.

Anyway, back on topic. Now that I'm done being nice to Cy (who I've really enjoyed having around in the year that I've been here and hope he doesn't disappear during the move) and his people (who have been 99% great in my interactions with them)...

Cy, Hunter is right, you are delusional, NU by 27 :lol: !