Why The Cyclones Beat Nebraska On Saturday...

I have lived in Georgia for the last year, but lived the previous 19 in Iowa. My wife is from Omaha and her whole family, of course, are Big Red fans. I lived around fans of all conferences. You are verging on insult when you assume I base my opinions on the internet. I was speaking the truth, using one example from a message board as a compliment, not to wage any kind of debate with you or anyone about fan bases.

Interesting, because there is an LSU fan who posts on Shaggybeaver who has never said one nice word about Husker fans. Not that he represents Tiger fan, but to listen to him, we are the worst group of individuals since the Nazis, and we eat kittens for fun. And I always thought that LSU fan and Husker fan had a lot of mutual respect for each other with our CWS ties and everything.

That being said, I looked at that ISU/NU thread on their board, and it looks like the majority of them are predicting an ISU win. That's fine, but one of their posters made it out as if Lee starts, the rest of our offense will just give up. They don't take it into consideration that he led us to 9 wins last year with a bum elbow/shoulder, and our o-line is one of the best in the nation this year. Silly Cyclones. But, if we lay an egg or have a letdown, we could lose this game, even with Taylor starting.

I have lived in Georgia for the last year, but lived the previous 19 in Iowa. My wife is from Omaha and her whole family, of course, are Big Red fans. I lived around fans of all conferences. You are verging on insult when you assume I base my opinions on the internet. I was speaking the truth, using one example from a message board as a compliment, not to wage any kind of debate with you or anyone about fan bases.

Interesting, because there is an LSU fan who posts on Shaggybeaver who has never said one nice word about Husker fans. Not that he represents Tiger fan, but to listen to him, we are the worst group of individuals since the Nazis, and we eat kittens for fun. And I always thought that LSU fan and Husker fan had a lot of mutual respect for each other with our CWS ties and everything.

That being said, I looked at that ISU/NU thread on their board, and it looks like the majority of them are predicting an ISU win. That's fine, but one of their posters made it out as if Lee starts, the rest of our offense will just give up. They don't take it into consideration that he led us to 9 wins last year with a bum elbow/shoulder, and our o-line is one of the best in the nation this year. Silly Cyclones. But, if we lay an egg or have a letdown, we could lose this game, even with Taylor starting.

Shaggybeevo is... Ugh...

Best way to get good a good reputation on Shaggybeevo.

"f#*k Greg Davis! motherf'ng horns willmotherf'ng hook'em. Horns by 60.

and then you quote them and go

"f'ing this."

There you go. Instant street cred.

I mean, there's still a bunch of reasonable people that are true CFB fans on there who give props where/when they are due but that doesn't seem to be the dominant group by far.

There's still quite a few of them of them that seem to think Nebraska is leaving the Big 12 because the Huskers can't beat Texas and that Carl Pelini is the devil for what he said in the heat of the moment behind closed doors.

Let's pause a moment to recognize "Cyclonestate78", The Cyclone Fan Ruining It For Everyone Else:

"Edit: I forgot to add that after the win Clone fans storm the field where Tom Osborne has mistakenly made an appearance, they strap his sorry *** to the goalpost before tearing it down and then proceed to toss it in the lake with ole Tom still attached. A fitting goodbye for one of college football's true ********."

http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/1981485-post41.html

It's cool. You're going to have to explain the Cajun name/LSU avatar because it is also confusing me after reading the rest of your history.

Before ending up in Iowa, I was born and raised in Louisiana, half Cajun, and whole LSU fan. I had never known enough about Husker fans or big Ten/12 fans to even have an opinion of them. Since meeting my wife and her family and friends, as well as watching plenty of Husker games with them, on TV of course not in the stadium, I can realy appreciate the attitudes of all the Big Red fans I have met. I know there are many who can get nasty, but I also went to Omaha, to the CWS, wearing my LSU gear and was warmly welcomed by many residents, even several beeped their horns and gave a hearty, "Go Tigers," which I was most impressed with, not to mention the number of Husker fans who readily allow LSU fans to park in their yards at no charge. We spent much time at Valla's around Halloween, and I wore my LSU gear while they wore their red. We always ended up talking football for hours. Living in Iowa, I also have heard for 19 years the Iowa/ISU rivalries, heard the fans go at it, and heard the ISU fans rant about the Huskers. I also know from my wife, how poorly she was treated in Colorado, at a NU/UC game, by the buffaho fans, who seem to be the worst in the Big 12, at least from what I've heard.

To the other poster, I frequent tigerdroppings.com and, asside from the occasional idiot we aren't proud of, there is much respect for the Huskers and their fans by the LSU fans there. Feel free to check it out. A fair warning, if you decide to start a thread announcing your arrival, be prepared to be berated with gtfo, and all such jabs, but it is a ritual of sorts that is all in fun, you will also get welcomes too. They do that to everyone who creates the, "Hello, this is my first post and I am new!" thread, regardless of team affiliation. End of commercial.

Yeah but lets be realistic here.... It's iowa freakin state for crying outloud... last time I checked they were not Texas.

pssst.... it was iowa freakin state for crying out loud that beat the mighty huskers in LINCOLN last season.

and nope. we aren't texass.

but we beat texass in THEIR house.

I wish I could chime in with cy here and fearlessly predict an isu victory.

but it ain't happening.

of course if martinis and lee can't play, it increases our chances from none to slim. :horns2

nu rolls tomorrow. :angry:

As the game draws closer, a reminder, perhaps even a bit stronger than before, is in order...

BECAUSE I SAID SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and everyone knows that all caps, big fonts and lots of exclamation points makes it true!

See you all at the game tomorrow...don't throw stuff at the chain gang. Trying to get assigned to the visitor's side so I can have a final chance to stab Lil Red in the ass with my pointy stick but won't know if my dream will come true till tomorrow morning...

As the game draws closer, a reminder, perhaps even a bit stronger than before, is in order...

BECAUSE I SAID SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and everyone knows that all caps, big fonts and lots of exclamation points makes it true!

See you all at the game tomorrow...don't throw stuff at the chain gang. Trying to get assigned to the visitor's side so I can have a final chance to stab Lil Red in the ass with my pointy stick but won't know if my dream will come true till tomorrow morning...

Because 2012 is happening 2 years early?

^ If there's another fan culture I'm jealous of, it's LSU. I WILL see a game at Death Valley before I die.

I don't know that I would be so quick ... I thought the Husker got pretty poorly treated there the last time they went.

From the OWH Recap:

After 10 days of off - the - field distractions in New Orleans involving the police and the press, the Huskers unloaded on the field Thursday against Louisiana State for a 30 - 15 victory that will extend NU's streak of consecutive Top 10 finishes to 17 seasons.

pssst.... it was iowa freakin state for crying out loud that beat the mighty huskers in LINCOLN last season.

Nebraska beat Nebraska last year. Don't rewrite history.

looks like ISU returned the favor this year with roades "osborne moment".

not a bad performance by the bottom feeder clone squad.