Man Up!

The rules that govern this board are not applied differently for Husker fans and Iowa State fans.

Further, Cy has been a regular contributor of great material at HuskerBoard for longer than most people calling him out. Unique content is what drives forums like this, and Cy provides that free of charge. Many calling him out do not come close to the kinds of contributions he provides.

Finally, there are things going on in Cy's world, unrelated to football, that are weighing on him right now. I will not disclose what Cy has told me, but I promise that you would cut him a little slack if you knew what he was going through.

And no, I'm not freaking kidding you right now. Cy is dealing with some real-life stuff that would change your attitude, guaranteed.

contradiction.jpg

Sorry, that seems like a bit of a contradiction. You say everyone gets treated the same, then you say cut him slack because he provides content, then you say cut him slack because he's having a tough personal life.

I was going to stay out of this, but I have noticed things like this subtle favoritism with a few posters here and its getting to me.

It may be true that the rules aren't applied different to Iowa St fans and NU fans, but they are applied differently to the mods' buddies.

• Fire 2

i do not have a problem with cy. i like him, i like that he is around. i also think this whole thread is out of control and should be locked. however, i was pretty upset about cy's post, and re-reading it i feel justified in that anger. it was a tough game for the cyclones, but it was a tough game for us. honestly, the way we won made it feel like a loss. they beat us last year, it was a good time for cy and his iowa brethren. we beat them this year in a heartbreaking fashion typically reserved for nebraska. then he posts what amounts to a condescending, insulting, and obnoxious post. we were all throwing love and respect isu's way, and that is how he responded. i would not call him a troll, but if an isu fan just joined on saturday and posted that, i think most would. the post was uncalled for, the game was frustrating, and as he has the same right to say what he wants, i guess, as those who are 'too' hard on him.

cy is not a troll, but starting this thread was not the most judicious move, and he deserved to get called out on it.

See, I read it the way I read all of Cy's posts - tongue in cheek, half-serious, half-deprecating. Having read years of Cy's posts, I never once took what he posted seriously.

EDIT - out of curiosity, how would people respond if Roxie posted something similar to what Cy posted? Same, or would you have looked at it as not totally serious after having read years of her recipes?

I agree with your statement, however it also needs to be taken into account that there are members here who are not familiar with Cy and his posts. Thats why texting causes more arguments than anything, because text does not communicate emotion in the form that you are trying to convey if not worded properly. Its a fine boundary that I know everyone has dealt with. Im not arguing the fact that this warrants attacks on Cy, just that some people see straight text, and have no background. Whether they can control the message they choose in response to his post is up to that person.

So in human nature, people will come to defense of their program, especially when you post something of that nature, and definitely when they have no background on the poster, and the satire that might exist in the post. This would have happened the same on any other board, if not worse. I realize we are not "any other board" but given the situation you can only expect some of the responses that have been seen.

Acceptable, No. Suprised, absoleutly not.

knapplc already said he doesn't think he should have brought it up.

I say we got back to what the thread was started for or we lock this thread. It's becoming rather useless as of right now.

but that is the point, what was it started for?

for all of us to accept our inferiority after a victory? thread should have never been started. the original post could have found a home somewhere else.

Sorry, that seems like a bit of a contradiction. You say everyone gets treated the same, then you say cut him slack because he provides content, then you say cut him slack because he's having a tough personal life.

I was going to stay out of this, but I have noticed things like this subtle favoritism with a few posters here and its getting to me.

It may be true that the rules aren't applied different to Iowa St fans and NU fans, but they are applied differently to the mods' buddies.

How in the world is telling people to go after the POST, not the POSTER showing favoritism? This is a black-and-white board rule.

I will tell you this - without question you are wrong in this situation, because you are going after the POSTER, not the POST. You've been around long enough to know better.

And just so we're clear, I'm not asking for people to give Cy a free pass. Respond to his post, pick it apart, and tell him where he's wrong. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I'm missing the inconsistency. Care to point this out?

I'm sorry that you think there's favoritism going on. I'll admit I am a "fan" of some posters more than others. Regardless, I've given warnings to people whom I am a "fan" of and I've sent PMs with polite cautions to posters I really don't care for. None of this is public because it's not anyone's business, and on the surface I suppose it could appear to be favoritism, but it is not.

As always, if you have a concern or a complaint about a Moderator, feel free to PM an Admin about it. They see all, they know all, and they have authority over all.

I say we got back to what the thread was started for or we lock this thread. It's becoming rather useless as of right now.

for all of us to accept our inferiority after a victory? thread should have never been started. the original post could have found a home somewhere else.

I agree the thread should have never been started. knapplc's point, more or less, is to attack what Cy is saying and not attack Cy himself. So, when I say we should 'get back to what the thread was started for', I mean we should get back to disagreeing with Cy's OP.

While I do not agree at all with the Cy's premise nor his thread in general, he has still been here awhile and thus does not deserve personal attacks. If people have a problem then they should report it imho.

I agree with your statement, however it also needs to be taken into account that there are members here who are not familiar with Cy and his posts. Thats why texting causes more arguments than anything, because text does not communicate emotion in the form that you are trying to convey if not worded properly. Its a fine boundary that I know everyone has dealt with. Im not arguing the fact that this warrants attacks on Cy, just that some people see straight text, and have no background. Whether they can control the message they choose in response to his post is up to that person.

So in human nature, people will come to defense of their program, especially when you post something of that nature, and definitely when they have no background on the poster, and the satire that might exist in the post. This would have happened the same on any other board, if not worse. I realize we are not "any other board" but given the situation you can only expect some of the responses that have been seen.

Acceptable, No. Suprised, absoleutly not.

Then pick apart what Cy wrote, don't go after Cy. This is the same rule for Cy as it is for HuskerBCS or anyone else. If Cy was going after HuskerBCS, I'd have responded to Cy in exactly the same way.

Feel free to PM HuskerBCS and ask him if he's been warned about his conduct in this thread. He hasn't. I've tried to keep this all even-keeled without favoritism.

I agree the thread should have never been started. knapplc's point, more or less, is to attack what Cy is saying and not attack Cy himself. So, when I say we should 'get back to what the thread was started for', I mean we should get back to disagreeing with Cy's OP.

While I do not agree at all with the Cy's premise nor his thread in general, he has still been here awhile and thus does not deserve personal attacks. If people have a problem then they should report it imho.

for sure, with everything you said. i really think there is a lot of projection and misunderstanding going on here.

for sure, with everything you said. i really think there is a lot of projection and misunderstanding going on here.

Agreed.

I've seen too many arguments with you to know that if I continue I won't win. I showed you the contradiction in my post, you can acknowledge it or not, but I made my case and shared my thought's and I don't have more to say.

Again, there is no contradiction because you do not know all that has gone on.

I'm just some schmoe middle-manager here. If you have an issue with how I conduct myself, or an issue with any Moderator, PM an Admin and they'll take a look. Mods are not above discipline and if we're out of line, it'll be handled. You always have a higher authority to appeal to, so if you feel like you won't get anywhere with me, go over my head.

And with that, I think it's safe to end this thread. If you have further concerns, PM me, any other Mod, or an Admin.