Man Up!

Nebraska needed this win alot more,you guys only need 1 more win to be bowl eligible. If we would of lost this we could of not had a chance to go to the Big XII championship and we would of dropped to around 20 most likely from losing to an unranked iowa state team.I think that Nebraska is miles ahead of iowa state in talent level. You guys played well and keyed in on our predictability though,we ran the wildcat 50% and were pretty much 1 dimensional with Cody Green in the game.

why do you care what we think of your team? i certainly do not care what you think about the 'skers.

edit: and how can you say, isu beat isu, but not admit that last year the huskers beat the huskers?

That, my friend, was a literary trick I learned in college whereby I am able to highlight the fallacy of one statement by applying it to a similar situation. We was learned good at ISU...

That literary trick smells a lot like bullsh#t.

Perhaps I missed all these people putting down ISU. I gave ISU props for this game. I was at the game and couldn't see the results of the replays, but it seemed like ISU got the benefit of the doubt on all the reviews. Yes, ISU missed 2 field goals, but Nebraska gave ISU the ball on the 13 via fumble. Nebraska has shown they can play better than they did, but they played well enough to win. ISU played well enough to win and could have. I think Paul Rhodes gives ISU a chance in almost every game you guys play and that is saying something. In the end, Nebraska made just enough plays to beat ISU and thats the way it ended.

This whole thing boils down to ISU beating us last year in heartbreaking fashion. Now the shoe is on the other foot. Cy's signature and then rant are so contradictory it's frankly embarrassing. You want to dish out and rub it in our faces and then go ballistic when your team is the one that loses....and nobody is evening rubbing it in. We're giving ISU credit for a great game. Imagine if I were to go over to a Cyclone board with a signature of several fans and arnaud all disappointed and the score at the bottom. How well would that go over? I get that ISU doesn't win often and it's a big deal and Cy wants to enjoy it but you better be willing to let it go now. You had that damn sig all offseason too.

• Fire 4

This whole thing boils down to ISU beating us last year in heartbreaking fashion. Now the shoe is on the other foot. Cy's signature and then rant are so contradictory it's frankly embarrassing. You want to dish out and rub it in our faces and then go ballistic when your team is the one that loses....and nobody is evening rubbing it in. We're giving ISU credit for a great game. Imagine if I were to go over to a Cyclone board with a signature of several fans and arnaud all disappointed and the score at the bottom. How well would that go over? I get that ISU doesn't win often and it's a big deal and Cy wants to enjoy it but you better be willing to let it go now. You had that damn sig all offseason too.

Point, game, match....

:yeah.............. :bonez

Well, cy isn't as bad as a lot of ISU fans I've seen labeling the fake in OT as Rhoads' "Tom Osborne Moment." That is absolutely the dumbest thing I've seen from a fan concerning college football or even sports in general.

I have a good friend who is an ISU grad, and he was disappointed with the loss, but he thought they played well enough to win, not to mention he still feels good after the win over texas.

Iowa State looked good yesterday, but I still know that player for player Nebraska is a far more talented football team.

I also know that ISU is not Nebraska's equal. Nebraska does not have five losses attached to their name, Iowa State has absolutely no tradition in football, and Nebraska has not been embarrassed on the football field this year like Iowa State has been three times so far. I'm sorry, but that does not equal anything.

Props to ISU for surprising Nebraska, but that was Iowa State's most important game Saturday and they played like it. I respect the hell out of Rhodes for the decision he made and I know that ISU feels like their hearts have been ripped out, but that doesn't mean it should be taken out on a bunch of Husker fans who have seen their team play better against better teams.

Nebraska did more to hurt itself yesterday than Iowa State did to hurt itself.

• Fire 1

Iowa State looked good yesterday, but I still know that player for player Nebraska is a far more talented football team.

I also know that ISU is not Nebraska's equal. Nebraska does not have five losses attached to their name, Iowa State has absolutely no tradition in football, and Nebraska has not been embarrassed on the football field this year like Iowa State has been three times so far. I'm sorry, but that does not equal anything.

Props to ISU for surprising Nebraska, but that was Iowa State's most important game Saturday and they played like it. I respect the hell out of Rhodes for the decision he made and I know that ISU feels like their hearts have been ripped out, but that doesn't mean it should be taken out on a bunch of Husker fans who have seen their team play better against better teams.

Nebraska did more to hurt itself yesterday than Iowa State did to hurt itself.

rack him

ISU came out, gave us all they could, put a decent scare into us at the end, but they lost. Another number to add to the right side of the Win/Loss column. You've got a good chance to make a bowl game, so kudos to you.

But to think you're playing on our level and are our equal, you've lost your freakin mind. Just because you beat us last year, and put a scare into us this year, doesn't make up for years upon years of us making you our bitch for 60 mintues once a year.

well said.

i think cy is trying to do to us what we did last year. the only problem is that NU probably played even worse yesterday (overall) than we did last year. so last year the huskers beat the huskers, this year the huskers beat the huskers; only difference is that this year we walked out with a win against a better isu squad. that is the nature of the game. both teams play, sometimes they both play well, sometimes the both play poorly, sometimes one team shows up and the other does not. no matter what, someone goes home a winner, and someone stays at home a loser. isu played well, nebraska could have played better, it is what it is.

Yeah, this is pretty much the same type of garbage post I expected from Cy after his ridiculous trolling when they won last year. People seem to have forgotten that. Whatever, I have zero respect for this poster and hopefully he'll shove off once we're not in his conference anymore.

I want a sig with all the sad iowa state fans on it after that fake extra point.Arnaud looked like he was about to cry.

Yeah, this is pretty much the same type of garbage post I expected from Cy after his ridiculous trolling when they won last year. People seem to have forgotten that. Whatever, I have zero respect for this poster and hopefully he'll shove off once we're not in his conference anymore.

I want a sig with all the sad iowa state fans on it after that fake extra point.Arnaud looked like he was about to cry.

you should get a sig of a .gif of hagg intercepting the fake.

Calling Cy a troll is ridiculous. There are posters in this thread who have said worse things about the Huskers than Cy. You don't have to like what he said and you don't have to like Cy, but let's not lose our minds. Most everyone seems to be missing the tongue-in-cheek nature of Cy's rant. Trust me, it was not 100% serious. Anyone who's read his prediction threads should know that.

Further, Cy has been a regular contributor of great material at HuskerBoard for longer than most people calling him out. Unique content is what drives forums like this, and Cy provides that free of charge. Many calling him out do not come close to the kinds of contributions he provides.

Finally, there are things going on in Cy's world, unrelated to football, that are weighing on him right now. I will not disclose what Cy has told me, but I promise that you would cut him a little slack if you knew what he was going through.

Chalk this up to a tough loss, tough times, and some boiling-over emotions and let it go. There's no reason to beat the guy up like this.