Man Up!

Wow, lets be honest here. It takes alot to piss off Cy. He is a huskerboard legend and deserves our respect. Im sure he and the other clones are devistated at this loss. Cy, i am not argueing with what your laying down. We won the game but you played hard. Hes right though, on paper green and company should of been to handle business with no problem. But thats the thing with ISU lately, they play hard and with passion. Yes we are passionate as well but they wanted it bad today. You and the clones forever have my respect and i will continue to root for them for a long time.

Wow, lets be honest here. It takes alot to piss off Cy. He is a huskerboard legend and deserves our respect. Im sure he and the other clones are devistated at this loss. Cy, i am not argueing with what your laying down. We won the game but you played hard. Hes right though, on paper green and company should of been to handle business with no problem. But thats the thing with ISU lately, they play hard and with passion. Yes we are passionate as well but they wanted it bad today. You and the clones forever have my respect and i will continue to root for them for a long time.

unless it's against oklahoma or utah

Quit with the excuses and admit that ISU is actually playing at an equal level now. Enough of the "the officials sucked" and "we had all our stars injured" crap. I'm tired of hearing excuse after excuse from certain people who cannot admit that Iowa State, with their tacky little stadium, their puny little athletic budget, their USCesque uniforms and their silly little mix of one-star and walk on players are capable of playing football at Husker level.

Boo hoo...your "star" QB didn't play today. Bull...he looked perfectly able to play when he got in for the play where Green got his bell rung. Bo just didn't want to "waste" him on a lowly team like Iowa State. Anyway...what does it matter what with all the amazing recruits the Huskers have. Why, ISU is so pathetic you should have been able to pull a fan out of the audience and still win by 30! Heck, all he had to do was hand off the Helu and if he could slash MU for 300 yards, he should be able to run from Ames back to Lincoln without anybody laying a hand on him! And even if the offense sputtered, that fantastic defense should be able to force at least 10 safeties and hold the retarded ISU team to negative 100 yards...

Face it...ISU left 6 points and a victory on the board with the two missed field goals. The Huskers didn't win because of anything they did but because of two missed kicks and a limp wristed pass from a punter. ISU beat ISU...Nebraska had nothing to do with it. Our offense gave you two touchdowns with an unforced fumble and an interception. You were outplayed on both sides of the ball by a team that was, on the particular Saturday, clearly your equal. Statisically, frankly speaking, ISU crushed you. Facts are fact...just like the fact that last year we beat you with our second string QB, HB and half the defense down with the flu.

Knock off the attitude that it was everybody's fault that Saturday almost ended with a resounding thud in Ames. This team is not that good and ISU is not that bad.

Thank you for attending today's sermon...please drop some money in the collect plate on your way out the door.

Both teams made mistakes. Iowa State may have missed a couple of kicks, but if Niles Paul just takes a seat in the endzone, then maybe the game doesn't even go to overtime.

You wanna come on a Nebraska board and talk about how Iowa State should've could've would've, how "ISU beat ISU," then don't tell us we should ignore the fact that we were missing our top two QB's and an all-conference cornerback.

Iowa State lost because as your own coach said, it's a game of inches. You beat us by a few inches last year, and we beat you by a few inches this year.

If that's enough for you that you can feel good about yourself and come onto Huskerboard proclaiming that Nebraska and Iowa State are now college football equals, then good for you. But it's a long season, and every week counts when it comes to building your reputation (e.g. Texas can talk about how they own Nebraska all they want. They still got smashed by Kansas State tonight).

Iowa State played a good game today. Had it been in Lincoln, they would've received a resounding standing ovation from the nicest fans in college football. But if you wanna talk "equal footing," with Nebraska, don't come to play without some rings.

• Fire 6

Quit with the excuses and admit that ISU is actually playing at an equal level now. Enough of the "the officials sucked" and "we had all our stars injured" crap. I'm tired of hearing excuse after excuse from certain people who cannot admit that Iowa State, with their tacky little stadium, their puny little athletic budget, their USCesque uniforms and their silly little mix of one-star and walk on players are capable of playing football at Husker level.

Boo hoo...your "star" QB didn't play today. Bull...he looked perfectly able to play when he got in for the play where Green got his bell rung. Bo just didn't want to "waste" him on a lowly team like Iowa State. Anyway...what does it matter what with all the amazing recruits the Huskers have. Why, ISU is so pathetic you should have been able to pull a fan out of the audience and still win by 30! Heck, all he had to do was hand off the Helu and if he could slash MU for 300 yards, he should be able to run from Ames back to Lincoln without anybody laying a hand on him! And even if the offense sputtered, that fantastic defense should be able to force at least 10 safeties and hold the retarded ISU team to negative 100 yards...

Face it...ISU left 6 points and a victory on the board with the two missed field goals. The Huskers didn't win because of anything they did but because of two missed kicks and a limp wristed pass from a punter. ISU beat ISU...Nebraska had nothing to do with it. Our offense gave you two touchdowns with an unforced fumble and an interception. You were outplayed on both sides of the ball by a team that was, on the particular Saturday, clearly your equal. Statisically, frankly speaking, ISU crushed you. Facts are fact...just like the fact that last year we beat you with our second string QB, HB and half the defense down with the flu.

Knock off the attitude that it was everybody's fault that Saturday almost ended with a resounding thud in Ames. This team is not that good and ISU is not that bad.

Thank you for attending today's sermon...please drop some money in the collect plate on your way out the door.

Sir, tho i agree with everything you said in your first paragraph, they are NOT excuses, but rather reasons. Iowa St. is Iowa St. and Nebraska is Nebraska again. This was a totally upside down day in the Big 12. Nebraska somehow found a way to squeak by.

Both teams made mistakes. Iowa State may have missed a couple of kicks, but if Niles Paul just takes a seat in the endzone, then maybe the game doesn't even go to overtime.

You wanna come on a Nebraska board and talk about how Iowa State should've could've would've, how "ISU beat ISU," then don't tell us we should ignore the fact that we were missing our top two QB's and an all-conference cornerback.

Iowa State lost because as your own coach said, it's a game of inches. You beat us by a few inches last year, and we beat you by a few inches this year.

If that's enough for you that you can feel good about yourself and come onto Huskerboard proclaiming that Nebraska and Iowa State are now college football equals, then good for you. But it's a long season, and every week counts when it comes to building your reputation (e.g. Texas can talk about how they own Nebraska all they want. They still got smashed by Kansas State tonight).

Iowa State played a good game today. Had it been in Lincoln, they would've received a resounding standing ovation from the nicest fans in college football. But if you wanna talk "equal footing," with Nebraska, don't come to play without some rings.

Calm down...you're gonna break your crayon.

Cy, you need to become an Indiana or Minnesota fan so we can still hear from ya after this year. And yes, I picked those two teams especially for you!

no, he needs to stay a cyclone fan, and we need to hope to meet in the championship game every year. not to mention we will beat iowa every year for him and be his representative in the big 10, and isu can win the big 12 every year. now we have a team in the big 12 to root for. represent cy, we got your back.

And this totally sums it up. This is why we are fortunate to have this coaching staff. Bo continues to talk about the process. He said numerous times tonight that even great teams have to find ways to win games like this. We had a wild one in Stillwater and then a squeaker today, we had huge letdowns against sdsu and texas, and we had awesome performances against wash, kstate and missouri. We've seen it all already this year, and here we are 8-1 and sittin quite pretty right now.

• Fire 1

Cy, you need to become an Indiana or Minnesota fan so we can still hear from ya after this year. And yes, I picked those two teams especially for you!

no, he needs to stay a cyclone fan, and we need to hope to meet in the championship game every year. not to mention we will beat iowa every year for him and be his representative in the big 10, and isu can win the big 12 every year. now we have a team in the big 12 to root for. represent cy, we got your back.

Actually from reading cyclonefanatic threads today, they do not want NU to beat Iowa. The majority said they will root for Iowa bc and I quote "NU is the worst fan base in the big 12." Well, anyone in the game discussion saw what HerkyJerky or w/e his name was wrote about our fans

Actually from reading cyclonefanatic threads today, they do not want NU to beat Iowa. The majority said they will root for Iowa bc and I quote "NU is the worst fan base in the big 12." Well, anyone in the game discussion saw what HerkyJerky or w/e his name was wrote about our fans

i saw that. there is a lot of venom at cyclone fanatic. i never knew they hated us so much until i went to that board. they absolutely despise us. oh well, i choose not to put too much stock into that board. same with tigerboard, they are both filled with trouble makers. it does make beating both teams all the sweeter. although, cyclonefanatic is looking at this as a moral victory, i think they feel better about the game than we do.

You know, i seem to remember back during the preseason a lot of sports analyst were saying that ISU was not going to repeat going to a bowl game this year and last year was a fluke for them. I never believed that, because i believe in Rhoads, i think he is really going to take that team places and turn the Cyclones into a great time, personally i can't wait for them to Missouri and see if they can man handle them the way the man handle us today.

What i saw is that the Cyclones prayed to the wind gods and got their wish, a very day in Ames, it just worked against them in overtime and Hagg picked off the ball, i don't call that talent, i call it luck. The Cyclones outplayed the Huskers today and they showed up out for blood and motivation to win a hard fought game, but it was luck that Hagg was in the right place at the right time to come out with an INT and secure the win for the Huskers. I tip my hat off to Hagg and Burkhead.

We need to put an Ad in the local newspapers...

Wanted: UNL Husker football team needs speedy recievers with great hands that can catch footballs.

Absolutely not true...I hate Iowa with a passion and would cheer for the Taliban if they were playing against the Hawkeyes. Go right ahead and beat the living crap out of them on a yearly if only for my amusement...

Absolutely not true...I hate Iowa with a passion and would cheer for the Taliban if they were playing against the Hawkeyes. Go right ahead and beat the living crap out of them on a yearly if only for my amusement...

stick around cy, we can have a big 10/big 12 alliance.