Is not being ready the staple of Pelini Coaching?

I really think some people are way too critical of Pelini. In three years he's turned us around from missing a bowl game to a top 10 team with a good recruiting class.

exactly, he has been here and a head coach for only 3 years. he is learning with every game. now he just needs to work on getting his teams to play consistency, that is the true key for an mnc run.

I understand he has only been head coach for 3 years and this year is a down year in the Big 12 and simply want to take advantage of it because this won't happen in the Big Ten. Have you taken a look at next year's schedule? there are no gimmies in conference next season. We may very well have a losing season next year. We don't get to play any bottom teams in the Big Ten next season. I want Bo to get better but the more we cut him slack the more we get back to things were in Callahan era. Before the implosion Callahan did get us to a Big 12 championship. Bo has done a great job since being HC here but to be elite again we have to beat them.

we have one loss. last year we only had 4 (including the big 12 championship a two other very close losses). bo has never lost a bowl game. we are not cutting him slack, just trying to put it into perspective. who do we have to beat to be elite? and what does elite mean? oh, and the big 10 has been known to have down years. who is to say how strong it will be next year. michigan dos not look good, penn. st. does not look good, wisconsin and iowa might be good but they are up and down as programs. same with michigan state. we should be able to handle minnesota and northwestern. nebraska can compete with anyone, they just need to be consistent. this is the same team that owned washington, kansas st., mizzou, played well against a one-loss okie state, and was able to escape with a win in ames with a third string qb and a depleted defense. cutting bo slack, i am not. appreciating his accomplishments, i am.

we had 4 losses because we didn't have a passing qb. Beating Texas would have been good but that sh#t didn't happen. Playing Washington, Mizzou, Kansas St, Ok St means nothing. None of them are that good. Mizzou and Ok St are just as fickle. The Big Ten is stronger conference than the Big 12 from head to toe.

we lost four games because we had a severely injured o-line, two injured rb's, and an injured qb. and we had a championship caliber defense. the big 10 is stronger from head to two right now, but it is a fickle conference, not to mention that NU is atop the big 12 now.

i still do not know what your problem with bo is, or our assessment of him?

I really think some people are way too critical of Pelini. In three years he's turned us around from missing a bowl game to a top 10 team with a good recruiting class.

exactly, he has been here and a head coach for only 3 years. he is learning with every game. now he just needs to work on getting his teams to play consistency, that is the true key for an mnc run.

I understand he has only been head coach for 3 years and this year is a down year in the Big 12 and simply want to take advantage of it because this won't happen in the Big Ten. Have you taken a look at next year's schedule? there are no gimmies in conference next season. We may very well have a losing season next year. We don't get to play any bottom teams in the Big Ten next season. I want Bo to get better but the more we cut him slack the more we get back to things were in Callahan era. Before the implosion Callahan did get us to a Big 12 championship. Bo has done a great job since being HC here but to be elite again we have to beat them.

we have one loss. last year we only had 4 (including the big 12 championship a two other very close losses). bo has never lost a bowl game. we are not cutting him slack, just trying to put it into perspective. who do we have to beat to be elite? and what does elite mean? oh, and the big 10 has been known to have down years. who is to say how strong it will be next year. michigan dos not look good, penn. st. does not look good, wisconsin and iowa might be good but they are up and down as programs. same with michigan state. we should be able to handle minnesota and northwestern. nebraska can compete with anyone, they just need to be consistent. this is the same team that owned washington, kansas st., mizzou, played well against a one-loss okie state, and was able to escape with a win in ames with a third string qb and a depleted defense. cutting bo slack, i am not. appreciating his accomplishments, i am.

we had 4 losses because we didn't have a passing qb. Beating Texas would have been good but that sh#t didn't happen. Playing Washington, Mizzou, Kansas St, Ok St means nothing. None of them are that good. Mizzou and Ok St are just as fickle. The Big Ten is stronger conference than the Big 12 from head to toe.

Hey, I'm thilled to join the Big10 but NO WAY is it a better conference in cfb than the BigXII has been. Starting next year it certainly should be but now and the last 15 years? Nope.

I didn't take the time to read through the responses, but I'm guessing most of the reaction to the original post are :facepalm:. Good grief: third string quarterback, banged up defense, inspired and vastly improved iowa state team, hostile environment...and we still WON. Yeah, we didn't play great by any means, but we won.

Alright let's put this one to rest. Let's look at all the undefeated and one loss teams.

Michigan state: OT win against Notre Dame week 3 (notre dame!)

Week 6 trails Illinois 6-3 at half

Week 7 trails Northwestern 17-7 at half

Week 8 Iowa jumps out to a 37-0 lead

Wisconsin: this week trails purdue at half 10-6

Ohio State: Week 5 struggling with illinois (now 5-4) up 14-10 at half

Week 7 wisconsin jumps up 21-0 and goes on to win

Oklahoma state week 2 has to rally to beat Troy at home trailing 27-20 at half

Week 4 Texas AM jumps out 14 and takes the same point lead into the half...okst has 4 first downs in the half one by pentalty

Week 5 Ulala ...okst jumps out 14 then falls asleep trails at half

TCU: week 4 smu trails 10-14 at half ...smu is 5-5 right now

Week 5: halftime lead 6-0 over 3-7 colorado st

Utah: week 8 struggles to beat a 6-4 air force team by 5

week 9 gets blasted by tcu

Oregon: week 2 tennessee tied at half 14 all ...tennessee is 3-6

week 4 is 4-5 arizona state...oregon leads at half 28-24 ends up winning by 11 but scores nothing in the 4th

week 5 lets stanford jump out 21-3 in the first quarter

week 6 leads by 1 after first quarter against 1 win washington state

week 9 washington without their starting qb cuts the lead to 5 in the 3rd quarter...oregon did not score a point in the 1st quarter

Stanford week 5 jumps out to a huge lead against oregon then collapses in the second half

week 6 in a dogfight with 6-3 usc and wins by 2 on a game ending field goal

Auburn: week 3 5-3 clemson take them to overtime

week 9 4-5 ole miss tied up 14 all after 1st quarter

LSU: week 2 2-7 vanderbilt holds lsu scoreless in the first quarter

week 5 tennessee...we all know what happened on that one

week 7 mcneese st trails 16-10 at the half

Boise st....well they've just played on fire all season since they know they have to...

I could analyze things further play by play and see how many points were gimme's and how many first downs in a half but the point is every team has down games except boise so fire bo and hire chris peterson.

Jeez wish someone else would've made this list. Can I have my afternoon back?

• Fire 2

I could analyze things further play by play and see how many points were gimme's and how many first downs in a half but the point is every team has down games except boise so fire bo and hire chris peterson.

Who's talking about firing Bo? People are talking about in game issues that keep cropping up.

Just because someone is critical of Bo doesn't mean they don't want him as coach.

There are some very valid points in this thread, but most people seem to be only reading I HATE BO FIRE HIM

Who's talking about firing Bo? People are talking about in game issues that keep cropping up.

Just because someone is critical of Bo doesn't mean they don't want him as coach.

There are some very valid points in this thread, but most people seem to be only reading I HATE BO FIRE HIM

but what are your complaints? and what were your expectations?

Alright let's put this one to rest. Let's look at all the undefeated and one loss teams.

Michigan state: OT win against Notre Dame week 3 (notre dame!)

Week 6 trails Illinois 6-3 at half

Week 7 trails Northwestern 17-7 at half

Week 8 Iowa jumps out to a 37-0 lead

Wisconsin: this week trails purdue at half 10-6

Ohio State: Week 5 struggling with illinois (now 5-4) up 14-10 at half

Week 7 wisconsin jumps up 21-0 and goes on to win

Oklahoma state week 2 has to rally to beat Troy at home trailing 27-20 at half

Week 4 Texas AM jumps out 14 and takes the same point lead into the half...okst has 4 first downs in the half one by pentalty

Week 5 Ulala ...okst jumps out 14 then falls asleep trails at half

TCU: week 4 smu trails 10-14 at half ...smu is 5-5 right now

Week 5: halftime lead 6-0 over 3-7 colorado st

Utah: week 8 struggles to beat a 6-4 air force team by 5

week 9 gets blasted by tcu

Oregon: week 2 tennessee tied at half 14 all ...tennessee is 3-6

week 4 is 4-5 arizona state...oregon leads at half 28-24 ends up winning by 11 but scores nothing in the 4th

week 5 lets stanford jump out 21-3 in the first quarter

week 6 leads by 1 after first quarter against 1 win washington state

week 9 washington without their starting qb cuts the lead to 5 in the 3rd quarter...oregon did not score a point in the 1st quarter

Stanford week 5 jumps out to a huge lead against oregon then collapses in the second half

week 6 in a dogfight with 6-3 usc and wins by 2 on a game ending field goal

Auburn: week 3 5-3 clemson take them to overtime

week 9 4-5 ole miss tied up 14 all after 1st quarter

LSU: week 2 2-7 vanderbilt holds lsu scoreless in the first quarter

week 5 tennessee...we all know what happened on that one

week 7 mcneese st trails 16-10 at the half

Boise st....well they've just played on fire all season since they know they have to...

Well done... Can we lock this thread now....

if so we are gonna get smashed from next year on. Last year i could handle losing to Iowa St cause we had 8 fumbles but almost this year too is bs. It's his team so he needs to fix it.

Its people like you that almost made TO leave for colorado. To high standards! We are 8-1 and are almost a lock going back to the B12 champ game. Year 3 and people are freaking out bc we are not going to play for a NC. get real. How long did it take TO? and he had some close games that shouldnt of been (97 mizzou comes to mind). Bo has done a great job.

if so we are gonna get smashed from next year on. Last year i could handle losing to Iowa St cause we had 8 fumbles but almost this year too is bs. It's his team so he needs to fix it.

Its people like you that almost made TO leave for colorado. To high standards! We are 8-1 and are almost a lock going back to the B12 champ game. Year 3 and people are freaking out bc we are not going to play for a NC. get real. How long did it take TO? and he had some close games that shouldnt of been (97 mizzou comes to mind). Bo has done a great job.

if we get to the big 12 championship this year, which we should, that will mean that bo has gotten us there 2 out of 3 years. no small feat.

Yeah we're a big play team, but I've been impressed by our sustained drives, too. Even this week when everyone knew we were going to be running, Helu and Burkhead kept getting the 4 - 7 tough yards on every play. There a huge difference in the forward push of our offensive line this season. Our yards per play average is one of the best in the country and it's been a fun offense to watch.

The B10 can be down. The Gophers are a joke, Iowa is hot and cold, Wisconsin is good but not solid, tOSU is ranked BEHIND us, Penn State, Northwestern, etc, all beatable.....

We are cutting Bo slack because he admits things are not right, remember Cally said he was doing an excellent job on all fronts, that is the difference. Yes we rely on the big play right now. IMO that is due to us not being stacked depth wise, or having the levels of talent on the field that allows for a more hard nose style, but that is changing. We have a great recruiting class coming in, we are on the right track.

Our D is banged up, two QBs on the bench, and we still won in a hostile environment, along with wind issues. Crap man the only thing missing was an asteroid strike.

Sorry I wasn't implying that. I just finished the list and was tired and the last one was boise and it showed they were the only team without some kind of a poor performance so I was just being goofy.