How do we match up against Texas A&M?

Skers!

Watching aTm and OU I was impressed with the defensive performance of aTm. Their front seven looked completely different than earlier in the year. They looked at times disorganized offensively, but seemed capable of big plays. They really seem like a different team than when I saw them earlier in the year. Im not sure how good they are, but it'll be a big game.

watching mizzou and OU i was impressed with the defensive performance of mizzou...

maybe OU just makes defensives look better?

Yeah A&M is a different team now that they switched QBs. I watched the Mizzou game and Johnson couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. This could be a very tough game now.

Maybe. If we bring the game we brought to Washington, we should have a good chance to win. Take away their passing game and see if they can run without Michael.

The other side of the ball is what concerns me most. A&M is #1 in the conference and 6th in the country in run defense, and they're 34th in the nation in pass efficiency defense. We MUST bring our 'A' game offense to this game or we are screwed.

Was just listening to the Finebaum show. Nic Saban felt part of the reason they lost was that the fan base never considered LSU as a factor and was only concerned with Auburn. He felt with the internet and media availability the kids hear the talk the fan concerns and seem to buy into it no matter what the coaches say.

Thought that was interesting coming from Saban.

I think we play Kansas next, with Coach Saban's coments I will only concern myself with Kansas and after them the next team on the list.

Was just listening to the Finebaum show. Nic Saban felt part of the reason they lost was that the fan base never considered LSU as a factor and was only concerned with Auburn. He felt with the internet and media availability the kids hear the talk the fan concerns and seem to buy into it no matter what the coaches say.

I think we play Kansas next, with Coach Saban's coments I will only concern myself with Kansas and after them the next team on the list.

Saban and Mack Brown have something in common. Internet is to blame for all woes.

Well look at all the attention paid to the Texass game and we know how that went.

I believe you and Saban are correct.

So what because Tannehill comes in, this is a whole different team now?

C'mon, where are your balls people?

Texas A&M won against Oklahoma because they committed too many turnovers and the Aggies capitalized on them. Once the first points were scored, the crowd never came out of it and the Sooners never were able to turn it around. My hats off to the Aggies for winning the game, but if the Huskers come out guns blazing and go up first quickly like we did against Mizzou, we have a good chance to take down the Aggies at home.

But someone needs to revive that CCG rematch between the Huskers and the Cowboys, because it is looking awfully likely those two are going to be playing each other in December.

aTm upgraded at QB, but he's more of a passer, good for us. Christine Michael is out for the season, so the running threat should be diminished. Kyle Field is worth at least 3points for aTm. We should be able to move the ball on them, though. I think OU is overrated on offense so their loss to aTm did not surprise me. If we can put together a balanced attack, we should be fine. I hope Taylor is OK by then. If he's a go, then we should have little problem.

Given your user name, I have a feeling you have a connection to the great state of Texas, but you may not have taken the time to watch the Aggies the past few weeks. Ryan Tannehill is a much better passer AND much better runner than Jerrod Johnson has been this season. He ranks in the top 10 all time in receiving at A&M (112 Receptions, 1600 yards) and he ripped off a 50 yard run on the first play of the game against OU. If you think this kid isn't an athelete and just sits in the pocket, you will be in for a suprise come the 20th. Christine Michael is out for the season, but our "other back" (I won't call him a backup because he starts half the time anyway) Cyrus Gray is averaging 113 yards rushing a game in our last 3 games.

As far as the other side of the ball, as someone already mentioned we are 6th in the country in rush defense. Nebraska is primarily a running team based on the games I've seen you play, and the best run defense you've faced this year is Texas who ranks 37th (a game where Nebraska only had 125 yards rushing). I will say that the Aggies have not faced a QB with the running ability of Martinez, it will be interesting to see how we fare against Robert Griffin III this week. This is not the A&M team of the last 6-8 years (nor a Nebraska team under Callahan as so many of you want to persume given Sherman's NFL background) we play defense and are balanced on offense. It should be a great game game that is won by the team that plays the best up front and limits their mistakes, and I hope Kyle Field can provide the home team with an advantage. Looking forward to it!

How about people that think we as fans have to focus on the Kansas game just not look at these Texas A&M threads or whatever thread it may be? If you are so focused on Kansas then don't read this thread. This is a message board! I, for one, would like to talk about the Texas A&M game because I am a fan. If I were a player, I'd focus on Kansas.

This match-up was made a lot easier when Christine Michael got a season-ending injury. Now we can focus a lot more on stopping the pass, which shouldn't be too difficult. I would have compared Texas A&M to Okie State offensively if Michael were in the lineup. Instead their offense is more similar to Missouri's now, lacking an explosive running game. I know Cyrus Gray is still there, but there's no doubt their offense took a hit with Michael's injury. Defensively, they are also similar to Okie St, which is a good thing.

With a healthy Martinez, I'd give my way too early score prediction: Neb 45 TAMU 24