Second Running Back Recruit

If Braylon doesn't make the grades we need to take another RB in this class. Everyone else next year will be a JR or SR, and while I think AG will be great we shouldn't put all of eggs into his basket.

If we do go for a second RB I believe we should get a thumper, or someone that is purely North-South guy. It would be nice if we could steal M.Brown (I'm curious if he is questioning his decision). Any thoughts? Who would be your 2nd RB commit?

If Braylon doesn't make the grades we need to take another RB in this class. Everyone else next year will be a JR or SR, and while I think AG will be great we shouldn't put all of eggs into his basket.

If we do go for a second RB I believe we should get a thumper, or someone that is purely North-South guy. It would be nice if we could steal M.Brown (I'm curious if he is questioning his decision). Any thoughts? Who would be your 2nd RB commit?

Standard was and is my guy for that spot ... who is now an Iowa State commit.

SheepdogMark

No chance on Brown IMO. Remember, at this point everyone is still assuming Heard will make the test score so there's your 2nd RB. Fortunately we will know one way or the other before signing day. If he doesn't make the grade - that's plenty of time to make a late push. We did it with Carnes last year. Cooper came into play later as well. We could still make a run at Standard, or we could go out on a limb and take someone unknown.

I agree we need someone there, but there just aren't any great thumper RB's in this class who are interested in Nebraska. We will go for one next year.

Although this guy is not a pure thumper, I would like to see us pursue Allan Wasonga. He reminds me of Jones-Drew, and think if we start recruiting him now we still stand an excellent chance of landing him.

Here's some video, the kid looks impressive. Height might be an advantage with all of the tall OL we've recruited, and he looks sturdy.

Why do we need to recruit a "thumper" back? We have one now. How often do we use him?

It takes Robinson a while to gain momentum, and I can recall a few times where he has fumbled. I think the benefits for having him on the field are outweighed by the negatives.

And personally I don't know if you can really call him a thumper, he's just big.

Adonis Ameen-Moore has been anxiously waiting for a Nebraska offer. At least in August he was. Not sure if he's still interested, but he does fit the mold of a "thumper" type with his current build.

There is one school that has yet to offer Adonis Ameen-Moore, but if they did, he'd seriously consider them. “Nebraska is the one school I’m hoping offers,” he said. “I’ve kind of been in touch with their coaches and just really like it there. I was there for an unofficial visit last Feb. 28 for junior day. It’s got a good feel and seems like a nice program. I think I could fit in there...”

LINK

Adonis Ameen-Moore has been anxiously waiting for a Nebraska offer. At least in August he was. Not sure if he's still interested, but he does fit the mold of a "thumper" type with his current build.

There is one school that has yet to offer Adonis Ameen-Moore, but if they did, he'd seriously consider them. “Nebraska is the one school I’m hoping offers,” he said. “I’ve kind of been in touch with their coaches and just really like it there. I was there for an unofficial visit last Feb. 28 for junior day. It’s got a good feel and seems like a nice program. I think I could fit in there...”

LINK

The second RB doesn't need to be a thumper, that is just personal preference. But I do think we need to take an RB besides Green in this class. We are about to enter a conference that arguably plays a more physical style of defense then the Big 12, and while I have faith Green will be good, I doubt he physically be able to hold up. Burkhead may even have his struggles against these defenses.

As for Adonis, he does fit the profile a thumper (a guy that is willing to meet you in the hole and appears to get excited to run over people), but he does not appear to have the speed nor burst to compete as an RB at a high level. But he does have a nice video (the action starts at :33).

Question- why is everyone quoting thumper? the term isn't used in the midwest?

LINK

I guess he is a 4 star and in our forum ... but more info posted here in this thread on him than here ...

Huskerboard Link

SheepdogMark