QB Options

307husker

Anybody know what's the scoop on Spano?

Probably will never play a down again at Nebraska. They say that he's 100% now but he just doesn't have the experience nor the complete confidence to play with his knee yet.

BTW, many people seem to be reporting Martinez is around 90% healthy and that the ankle is right where it should be. I've even talked to a few players who say Taylor isn't really having any trouble with it right now.

Above the foot below the knee? :laughpound

Anybody know what's the scoop on Spano?

Probably will never play a down again at Nebraska. They say that he's 100% now but he just doesn't have the experience nor the complete confidence to play with his knee yet.

BTW, many people seem to be reporting Martinez is around 90% healthy and that the ankle is right where it should be. I've even talked to a few players who say Taylor isn't really having any trouble with it right now.

The very finest music to my ears!

My Crazy Talk: I would be getting ready to have Rex lining up as the QB and then run a LOT out of the power I. I'm not saying that because I think it's waaay better and that nebraska should return to it, but right now, I feel far, far safer having Rex, Helu, and... um... one of our invisible full backs back there than Green. They could easily mix things up and rotate a thrower in, but I'd like to see how well that could work.

Please don't mistake this for a Return / Don't Return to Power I position; it's just saying that currently, with our strongest assets in the backfield, it could be a viable option, so to speak. A third running threat might end up making the offense one dimensional, but the runners are strong and probably very difficult to stop (unless they are made to try to dance around the outside... these aren't wide receivers doing an end-around).

Here is my Bold Prediction ......... T-Mart will start tomorrow, don't know how long he'll play but I think he starts. Why do I say this. By this time last week this board was lit up w/good inside info that Green would start. The rumor seemed to have legs and was not killed like most bad rumors are on the board. Clearly Bo has not been clear about things but it seems to me like the general flow of what I read from the press is that that T-mart has a good chance to start. I put it at 85% so I guess this is an almost bold prediction.

#15 Latravis Washington- Height:6'3" Weight:230 40:4.5 Year:Senior Can somebody please tell me what's up with this guy. I can't believe Cody Green is light years ahead of him on the field. On paper this guy looks like he is able to score a touchdown or two.

He has played LB the first 2 years, then last year was moved to QB because we needed a 3rd QB and he played one high school. My honest opinion is that the previous staff wasted his talent abilites by keeping him at LB, rather than have him play another position like QB or WR or PR. :dunno

#15 Latravis Washington- Height:6'3" Weight:230 40:4.5 Year:Senior Can somebody please tell me what's up with this guy. I can't believe Cody Green is light years ahead of him on the field. On paper this guy looks like he is able to score a touchdown or two.

He is a converted linebacker to QB a few years ago.

Edit: Huskerscott beat me to it.