video tribute to Turner Gill

np_husker

Only in Nebraska would they have a video tribute for a coach on the opposing team. :moreinteresting

Was this T.O.’s way of saying “I love you Turner and wish I could have picked you to be Head Coach but the people with the cash that really call the shots didn’t want you they wanted Bo so I am going to make this video to say thanks for all your service here at NU even though you are the coach for the team we are about to play.” :dunno<_<

I find the whole thing odd, but I get why T.O. had them do it. I still think it is weird though. :blink:

• Fire 2

Only in Nebraska would they have a video tribute for a coach on the opposing team. :moreinteresting

Was this T.O.’s way of saying “I love you Turner and wish I could have picked you to be Head Coach but the people with the cash that really call the shots didn’t want you they wanted to Bo so I am going to make this video to say thanks for all your service here at NU even though you are the coach for the team we are about to play.” :dunno<_<

I find the whole thing odd, but I get why T.O. had them do it. I still think it is weird though. :blink:

Do you honestly believe we'd be where we are today as a program had TO hired Gill over Bo?

Was this T.O.’s way of saying “I love you Turner and wish I could have picked you to be Head Coach but the people with the cash that really call the shots didn’t want you they wanted to Bo so I am going to make this video to say thanks for all your service here at NU even though you are the coach for the team we are about to play.” :dunno<_<

Do you honestly believe we'd be where we are today as a program had TO hired Gill over Bo?

Exactly. Much as I love Turner, and I do, there's no way he would have us in the same position as Bo has us right now.

I don’t think I said that, did I? :dunno

That is how I read this. What did you mean by the bold if not "I would have chosen you but others told me to hire Bo?"

A few points. First off, Turner is a good coach. We don't know how it would have worked out, but we know that Turner is a good coach. Secondly, Osborne picked Bo because he thought defense was a priority. Tom is not a puppet for the people with the cash. Rather, TO is the man that the people with money trust to make the best decision for the university. Can you blame them? Lastly, although Bo is a very good coach and although we REALLY appreciate all that he has done for the program, it would be VERY lame not to acknowledge the good luck that Bo has enjoyed along the way. Alex's 57-yard field goal, Suh's hit on Gabbert, the injury to Bradford, this year's overtime interception. Every coach needs fortunate breaks. Bo is no different. Had those breaks gone against us, we would not enjoy the status we do now.