Who goes to Husker games just to party?

teachercd

I can totally understand the posters who say they go to campus for the game and only the game. Now this is slightly off the topic of the amazing thread that I started but still in the same arena, I can't stand when posters or fans are like "I have to focus on this weeks game" or something like that.

Look, if you are lucky enough to be on campus for a game, the team doesnt really need your focus.

Go, have fun, party*, watch the game, cheer, party* more, talk to people. Thats what its all about. I just finished my 10 season of coaching football, I dont really care to talk about the nuances of a certain play or anything like that, I just want to chill, party*, watch some football and relax.

*this means whatever you consider partying to be!

In the end, its about having fun. I was at the Texas game, the game sucked as we all know but it was still a great time drinking at Champions Club, then drinking at the bars.

Yes, it is all about the fun, isn't it. But "fun" is a moving target. When I was a UNL student I ALWAYS partied before the games. And during games. Tequila shots before the game (personal record: 7 shots within 20 minutes before the game. woo hoo!). I always brought the bota bag full of rum (sometimes whiskey) to mix with cokes during the game. These days I generally have no more than a couple or three beers before the game. And still have fun. And get LOUD! GBR!

Nuance, you nailed it. You still have fun, you still do your partying and in the end, its a great time!

by the way, 7 shots of tequila, gross!!! At UNL back when I was there (yes in my frat too, dont hate me) I got drunk off of Albertsons store brand tequlia, wow, that was some gross stuff. I think I figured out why that big bottle cost 7.98

Nuance, you nailed it. You still have fun, you still do your partying and in the end, its a great time!

by the way, 7 shots of tequila, gross!!! At UNL back when I was there (yes in my frat too, dont hate me) I got drunk off of Albertsons store brand tequlia, wow, that was some gross stuff. I think I figured out why that big bottle cost 7.98

Ha ha! I was in better drinking shape back then. If I drank 7 shots now it would probably kill me. It was great to be young and stupid! And it was a miracle I didn't get a DUI or MIP during my five inebriated years of college.

Hah, well if any guy said something like that about me at a game they'd have my man to deal with :) Although it might be hard to get him to come as he's a hardcore Iowa fan. Hey, the heart wants what it wants.

And yeah, I might say something like that at a game! I'm not saying I'm not going to talk to the people around me, but that's not why I go. You're right though, everyone has a different definition of fun. I like my fun without a side dish of hangover and "who/what the hell did I do last night?" haha.

I go to the game to watch the game and enjoy the atmosphere. I tailgate to enjoy time with friends chat.

Imho, if you go to the game you should be there for the players, not so you can just talk to people.

+1 My friend. Exactly, could not have said it better myself

Great minds think alike.

I don't get to the stadium two hours early just so I can get to a good 'talking' seat. <_<

I go to a Husker game because I love to watch Husker football. <_<

I dont party or really drink for that matter so those things dont appeal to me.

Football trumps partying in my eyes but that could just be me though. FWIW: I dont really care for drunk people either

Then you just haven't met the right drunk people yet. :cheers

Kidding. Everyone enjoys life in their own way.

I thought since this got brought up in another thread that we could see why people go to Husker games. Personally I go to party, the atmosphere is usually great, champions club is a blast, talegating is usually average to above average and of course, if its warmer out its great to bring girls with and meet new ones too!

I don't usually even go into the game, what about you guys/girls?

Game day in Lincoln is a day long event. The champions club is very cool. Tailgating for hours before and after the game. Talking to friends. Talking football. Watching other games on TV. A little drinking (or alot of drinking on occasion).

I always go to the game but always back out to the club at halftime. Don't always go back to the game. Some games I could just sit out at the tailgate and watch the game. We always have several people wo don't go in. Saturday there were people trying to give away tickets when I went into the game. I would not have to go into the game to have a realy fun day as long as I can see the game on TV.

I thought since this got brought up in another thread that we could see why people go to Husker games. Personally I go to party, the atmosphere is usually great, champions club is a blast, talegating is usually average to above average and of course, if its warmer out its great to bring girls with and meet new ones too!

I don't usually even go into the game, what about you guys/girls?

Game day in Lincoln is a day long event. The champions club is very cool. Tailgating for hours before and after the game. Talking to friends. Talking football. Watching other games on TV. A little drinking (or alot of drinking on occasion).

I always go to the game but always back out to the club at halftime. Don't always go back to the game. Some games I could just sit out at the tailgate and watch the game. We always have several people wo don't go in. Saturday there were people trying to give away tickets when I went into the game. I would not have to go into the game to have a realy fun day as long as I can see the game on TV.

Going back to the CC at half time is sweet! Heck, we have probably been partying right next to each other in CC and didnt even know it. Of course, if you heard me making fun of the BRBers then you could have figured out who I was!

Lets look at this weekend for example. 7pm start time, that means be at the bars in Omaha by 4ish and get home around 2am. Its going to be a fantastic day!! I only hope that I can "focus" long enough to help the team out!

These eyes haven't seen the inside of Memorial Stadium since 1974. I was 10 years old. Should I ever get tickets to see a game there ... why I'd like to have my wife and three Baker boys present to experience what I remember so long ago. It stirred my heart in a way that actually has my eyes wellin' up.

I'd be much like Knapp ... enjoy a bear, talk some football with a bunch of Husker faithfuly at a tailgate party ... then file in to the stadium and then it's all about football.

Oh how I would like to see my Huskers one time with my family before I die ... to be able to go, afford it and take it all in. I think then my kids would understand why Saturday's I'm on the computer or TV or radio following my Huskers ... they'd understand why I follow recruiting everyday ... they'd understand why I get frustrated and agonize over what is or what would have been ... they'd understand that why 40 years later I still bleed that red :bigredn: !

SheepdogMark

If I’m in Lincoln on game day I am there for one reason and that is going to the game. If I stop by my aunt and uncles tailgate for some food and maybe a beer that doesn’t change the fact that I am still only in Lincoln because I am going to the game. I also don’t think me going to their tailgate constitutes “partying”.

Maybe I’m wrong but people tailgating and then going to the game is not the same kind of “partying” the OP is asking about. I think they only show up in Lincoln to get buzzed and try to bag babes. They even said they don’t even usually go to the games. That is a far cry from me talking with my aunt and uncle before heading to the stadium. IMO :dunno

FWIW: I have gone to a game by myself as well.

Newearth, you have gone into a game alone? Thats hardcore man!! You are a big time fan! I mean that, I am not trying to come off as being sarcastic.

I do consider tailgating as part of the partying. I think lots of people, like RedBeerMan said, talegate, go to the game, leave at halftime, talegate and then maybe go back to the game or just stand around and drink.