Who goes to Husker games just to party?

teachercd

My definition of "party": doing something fun with a group of people that you want to do with no responsibilities. This may include the following: drinking, eating whatever you can swallow, playing Monopoly, watching movies, watching football, etc.

So I will answer your question with a question, does anyone go to Husker games to be bored (doing nothing with zero responsibility)?

I think we all enjoy a party with 85,000 plus people. Drink in hand or not.

• Fire 1

I have ALWAYS gone for the game, even when I was a student... Game 1st, drinking/party 2nd...

Now, on Friday night before as a student......it was PARTY AT SIDETRACKS first and foremost..

I also love to tailgate with friends at home and away games and make sure that we try to tailgate before every game. It will include a drink or two, but the entire time is spent talking about the upcoming GAME.

I'm a UNL student. I don't go to many games, but when I do, it's for the guys on the field, not the ones in the stands. Yeah it's fun to go with friends and family, but I don't get drunk and I don't go to meet people. Sure, those things are great but that's not why I go. I don't even drink at games. For me, going to the games is a chance to watch the 'skers without an announcer blabbing in my ear. It's also for the atmosphere, the loud music and cheering on the team. But I don't go to "party", that's just not really my style. I'm usually sickened by most of the DB's on campus anyway, so having to deal with them when they're drunk and horny is about nine times worse in my opinion. I think I might be a "blue-hair" trapped in a female college-student's body, though..xD

Show me a group of fans who are loud, appreciative, and focused on/knowledgeable about the game and that's where I want to be.

I'm a UNL student. I don't go to many games, but when I do, it's for the guys on the field, not the ones in the stands. Yeah it's fun to go with friends and family, but I don't get drunk and I don't go to meet people. Sure, those things are great but that's not why I go. I don't even drink at games. For me, going to the games is a chance to watch the 'skers without an announcer blabbing in my ear. It's also for the atmosphere, the loud music and cheering on the team. But I don't go to "party", that's just not really my style. I'm usually sickened by most of the DB's on campus anyway, so having to deal with them when they're drunk and horny is about nine times worse in my opinion. I think I might be a "blue-hair" trapped in a female college-student's body, though..xD

Show me a group of fans who are loud, appreciative, and focused on/knowledgeable about the game and that's where I want to be.

haha, I am starting to think that you are a blue-hair trapped in a college girls body too! News flash, guys are always horny, doesnt matter if they are drunk. What is your style??

I go to a Husker game because I love to watch Husker football. <_<

I don’t party or really drink for that matter so those things don’t appeal to me.

Football trumps partying in my eyes but that could just be me though. FWIW: I don’t really care for drunk people either :madash so maybe that is why the partying scene and I don’t jive.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I would like to know the age of the people that say they go to “party”. I don’t have anything to say either way I’m just curious. :dunno

This sums me up pretty well. Can't stand drunkenness, and my ideas of a good time are far from normal, or at least uh...popular. :)

haha, I am starting to think that you are a blue-hair trapped in a college girls body too! News flash, guys are always horny, doesnt matter if they are drunk. What is your style??

Well guys vocalize a lot more about being horny when they're drunk. -.-

My style is football. I guess I agree with Landlord and Newearthhusker. I'm there for the players, not to "socialize". I can do plenty of that here on Huskerboard where there are mods to filter out the jerks :) Although I do much more reading than posting.

Some comedian once said to women, "You know how you are when you're really horny? That's how guys are when they're not even thinking about it." So drunk or not, that's just the way we are. :)

My style is football. I guess I agree with Landlord and Newearthhusker. I'm there for the players, not to "socialize". I can do plenty of that here on Huskerboard where there are mods to filter out the jerks :) Although I do much more reading than posting.

I think there's some gray area to be found there. I doubt you, Landlord and/or Newearth are going to games by yourselves. I'm sure at some time you've gone with friend/Parent/child/sibling/loved one/whatever, and you hung out before the game, talked about the game, ate some food, whatever. You did that at your house or a friend's, or at a tailgate. For most the people who go to games, that's what we do. The folks who do keg stands or half a dozen shots before a game are rare, as are those who have humongous tailgates with the giant smoker and five briskets smoking all day. Most people hit a bar or a restaurant, walk around the stadium, then go to the game and their focus is on the game, not the trappings around it. Those trappings are just for fun, like the parsley garnish on your pasta at Vincenzo's. The pasta is the focus.

Some comedian once said to women, "You know how you are when you're really horny? That's how guys are when they're not even thinking about it." So drunk or not, that's just the way we are. :)

I think there's some gray area to be found there. I doubt you, Landlord and/or Newearth are going to games by yourselves. I'm sure at some time you've gone with friend/Parent/child/sibling/loved one/whatever, and you hung out before the game, talked about the game, ate some food, whatever. You did that at your house or a friend's, or at a tailgate. For most the people who go to games, that's what we do. The folks who do keg stands or half a dozen shots before a game are rare, as are those who have humongous tailgates with the giant smoker and five briskets smoking all day. Most people hit a bar or a restaurant, walk around the stadium, then go to the game and their focus is on the game, not the trappings around it. Those trappings are just for fun, like the parsley garnish on your pasta at Vincenzo's. The pasta is the focus.

Not once today have I stated that I thought men were or weren't horny at certain times. All I said was that when they're drunk, a lot of guys act like jerks. Whether or not they can help it isn't the issue, I just don't like to be around it and that's why I don't like the student section because..well, for obvious reasons.

Also, I'd like to point out that I said it's fun to go with friends and family. I'm not saying I don't enjoy talking to my friends at games, but that's not the main reason I go. The main reason is the game-or as you call it, the pasta. But there's a difference between hanging out with my family or boyfriend and "meeting girls" or "socializing". I keep to myself at games. If people wanna have a few drinks, that's fine. I'm not stopping them. But as I said, it's not my thing. The OP's question was whether or not people went to the game to party, and in my case that's a resounding "no". :)

I can totally understand the posters who say they go to campus for the game and only the game. Now this is slightly off the topic of the amazing thread that I started but still in the same arena, I can't stand when posters or fans are like "I have to focus on this weeks game" or something like that.

Look, if you are lucky enough to be on campus for a game, the team doesnt really need your focus.

Go, have fun, party*, watch the game, cheer, party* more, talk to people. Thats what its all about. I just finished my 10 season of coaching football, I dont really care to talk about the nuances of a certain play or anything like that, I just want to chill, party*, watch some football and relax.

*this means whatever you consider partying to be!

In the end, its about having fun. I was at the Texas game, the game sucked as we all know but it was still a great time drinking at Champions Club, then drinking at the bars.

Not once today have I stated that I thought men were or weren't horny at certain times. All I said was that when they're drunk, a lot of guys act like jerks. Whether or not they can help it isn't the issue, I just don't like to be around it and that's why I don't like the student section because..well, for obvious reasons.

Also, I'd like to point out that I said it's fun to go with friends and family. I'm not saying I don't enjoy talking to my friends at games, but that's not the main reason I go. The main reason is the game-or as you call it, the pasta. But there's a difference between hanging out with my family or boyfriend and "meeting girls" or "socializing". I keep to myself at games. If people wanna have a few drinks, that's fine. I'm not stopping them. But as I said, it's not my thing. The OP's question was whether or not people went to the game to party, and in my case that's a resounding "no". :)

Well, if you are looking to meet a dude at a game you are doing a good job, because most guys love a girl that ignores them. there is something hot about a challenge!!!

Guy: "Hi, Cina, you look cute"

Cina: "Please don't talk to me, I am worried about what NU will do if the DE's play a feather technique on the zone read"

Guy: Turns to his friends "She wants my junk, I can tell"

• Fire 1