Big play Paul???

Another thing I consider is the guy trying to get him the ball - a RS freshman. Nothing again Taylor, but Paul is our #1 receiver which means he is probably in tight coverage most games. Taylor still has his struggles in the passing game as well, which leaves the shorter routes to our other receivers easier for him to complete.

I really dont know what to say about the guy. One minute I love him the next minute I am cursing him because of a mistake not even a pop warner player would make. Personally I think he should be riding pine for awhile. Nobody else on the team is allowed to make mistake after mistake and get to keep their position. While Niles has certainly made some big plays in his day, I think one could argue he has made more big mistakes than big gains for this team. I for one certainly wont miss his inconsistent play.

• Fire 2

I really dont know what to say about the guy. One minute I love him the next minute I am cursing him because of a mistake not even a pop warner player would make. Personally I think he should be riding pine for awhile. Nobody else on the team is allowed to make mistake after mistake and get to keep their position. While Niles has certainly made some big plays in his day, I think one could argue he has made more big mistakes than big gains for this team. I for one certainly wont miss his inconsistent play.

My thoughts exactly. For every solid showing like the one he just had vs KU, he has 3 games highlighted by bonehead plays and inconsistency as a receiver and returner. I, for one, was incredibly glad to see Rex fielding punts the entire KU game, not Paul. It's quite possibly the best decision our coaching staff has made on Paul all season.

I'm glad someone came up with this to prove that touchdowns are the most OVERRATED stat in sports. So if we handed the ball off to our #3 running back on the goal everytime because he was a big back and he scored 2 yard touchdowns, and the #1 running back had 70 yards on the drive with no touchdowns---Who is better?

No I'm not saying Niles Paul is Jerry Rice, but he has very solid yards per catch average, and is a good punt and kick returner.

I understand what you're saying, but I'd be careful with this statement. Teams that score the fewest TDs in the nation and give up the most TDs in the nation win very few games... just sayin.

Well the team would still be scoring, but wouldn't be the guy who got the drive down to the goal line. We must also realize that being honest with ourselves we've only opened up the offense once or twice this entire year---same with last season.

I've watched Paul play since he was a high school junior and I know he has all the talent in the world but he often doesn't play to that level. Call it Bart Simpson syndrome or whatever. I remember after he signed with Nebraska and he took a trip to the Packers camp with Ahman and everyone was so impressed with him and could not believe he was still in high school. Yet for most of his college career he has been content on coasting and doing just enough. He teases us every once in awhile by showing a glimpse of what he is capable of.

I sure as heck hope he has a monster game at A&M. He's been giving them some bulletin board stuff by already chalking this up as a Nebraska win. Now its time for him to put up.

I've watched Paul play since he was a high school junior and I know he has all the talent in the world but he often doesn't play to that level. Call it Bart Simpson syndrome or whatever. I remember after he signed with Nebraska and he took a trip to the Packers camp with Ahman and everyone was so impressed with him and could not believe he was still in high school. Yet for most of his college career he has been content on coasting and doing just enough. He teases us every once in awhile by showing a glimpse of what he is capable of.

I sure as heck hope he has a monster game at A&M. He's been giving them some bulletin board stuff by already chalking this up as a Nebraska win. Now its time for him to put up.

Didn't know he was flapping his gums, but that is bad for us. Remember what happened last time he flapped his gums? We lost and he dropped damned near every pass delivered to him when we needed it. He wasn't the only one, but he WAS the only one yapping about his ability.

I'm sorry, I will support the players of our team, but I simply can't handle watching someone who apparently has talent talk trash and prove to everyone he can't back any of it up. He should shut his mouth and let his game talk for him, he flaps his gums and his game sure does talk for him. It says he belongs on the bench where he can't drop a pass wide open for a TD, cause himself to fumble not being touched, fumble inside the 20 during a punt return/kickoff, etc. Unfortunately he's done so many stupid things, I can't name them all, would take up 3 pages.

Didn't know he was flapping his gums, but that is bad for us. Remember what happened last time he flapped his gums? We lost and he dropped damned near every pass delivered to him when we needed it. He wasn't the only one, but he WAS the only one yapping about his ability.

I'm sorry, I will support the players of our team, but I simply can't handle watching someone who apparently has talent talk trash and prove to everyone he can't back any of it up. He should shut his mouth and let his game talk for him, he flaps his gums and his game sure does talk for him. It says he belongs on the bench where he can't drop a pass wide open for a TD, cause himself to fumble not being touched, fumble inside the 20 during a punt return/kickoff, etc. Unfortunately he's done so many stupid things, I can't name them all, would take up 3 pages.

We can atleast try. I think we should come up with a list of good/great plays along with bonehead plays and see where we end up at. I will start with one good/great and one bonehead

Good: Muscleflex TD in the Holiday Bowl

Bad: Dropped a lateral and then watched the TTech player take it to the house.

Kinda hard to have a big play WR when the offensive coordinator is afraid to attack down field. KU played Niles 1 on 1 with no safety help for a better part of the game and we refused to throw a couple deep balls.

And exactly what has Niles done this season to prove he's worthy of getting those deep balls? Aside from his 33-yard TD vs WKU, he's failed to catch every deep pass thrown his way. Granted some of those have been due to a poor pass from the QB, but he's definitely had his fair share, and he's done absolutely nothing with them. I'll give him props for some tough catches across the middle and some nice 15-20 yard outs, but that's about it. He's done nothing this season to warrant a deep pass - I'd say Kyler Reed has more than filled that void.

Kinda hard to have a big play WR when the offensive coordinator is afraid to attack down field. KU played Niles 1 on 1 with no safety help for a better part of the game and we refused to throw a couple deep balls.

That's because it's not the Nebraska Way. Obviously, we need to run the ball on every play.

To answer the question seriously, I think we were hindered on offense by a very hobbled Taylor, which took away a lot of options for us. Sadly.

And exactly what has Niles done this season to prove he's worthy of getting those deep balls?

How many have been thrown his way? Maybe 5 all year and most of those were bad throws by the QB. When your fastest WR has single coverage on the outside with no safety help, why not take a shot? Whether he catches it or not, the defense must account for it. KU and ISU stacked the box and we didn't at least try to take advantage of it.