WR Devin Lucien

HuskerNMO

It would be nice to have Onwuasor, but we need a guy like Lucien. Lucien has great ball skills and consistently catches the ball away from his body. While, he is not the fastest WR, we have no WR that attacks the ball.

Good point.

Nate Swift wasn't the fastest WR in the world either, but I'd take a punch to the liver if it meant we'd get the Hutchinson native for another 4 years.

Jerry Rice wasn't exactly fast either, but we know how well that worked out for him in the NFL, don't we? ;)

Exciting WR prospect according to ratings. That's fun!

I'd rather have Onwuasor though

Both of these guys look good on film. The fact that this kid has just now entered into the recruiting picture tells me maybe the coaches think Onwasour is leaning towards another school and they need a backup plan. Or maybe there are some other things going on with Onwasour. The kid is talented, and last I had heard in October, we had moved to the top of his list, so you have to think that he is either uncomfortable with an aspect of Nebraska like distance or cold, or his grades or character worry the coaches or something along those lines, for them to go out and heavily recruit another WR out there. Everything I have heard so far indicates we are only taking one more WR... IF he's really good.

I don't know why we wouldnt take both. With 4 spots left even if we land Lyons, Peat, and Hobbi wants in, we can offer someone like Bouzos or Davie a greyshirt. Both these guys are too good of athletes to not take if they want in IMHO.

Bouzos a greyshirt? Pay no attention to his Rivals ranking. Bo LOVES him as a CB. He deserves a scholarship now.

Exciting WR prospect according to ratings. That's fun!

I'd rather have Onwuasor though

Both of these guys look good on film. The fact that this kid has just now entered into the recruiting picture tells me maybe the coaches think Onwasour is leaning towards another school and they need a backup plan. Or maybe there are some other things going on with Onwasour. The kid is talented, and last I had heard in October, we had moved to the top of his list, so you have to think that he is either uncomfortable with an aspect of Nebraska like distance or cold, or his grades or character worry the coaches or something along those lines, for them to go out and heavily recruit another WR out there. Everything I have heard so far indicates we are only taking one more WR... IF he's really good.

I don't know why we wouldnt take both. With 4 spots left even if we land Lyons, Peat, and Hobbi wants in, we can offer someone like Bouzos or Davie a greyshirt. Both these guys are too good of athletes to not take if they want in IMHO.

Bouzos a greyshirt? Pay no attention to his Rivals ranking. Bo LOVES him as a CB. He deserves a scholarship now.

A greyshirt is no slam to him...Bouzos just doesn't have anything else that can come close to a Nebraska offer, even if it is a greyshirt. But both Onwuasor and Lucien have other options and they are too good to let slip away.

A greyshirt is no slam to him...Bouzos just doesn't have anything else that can come close to a Nebraska offer, even if it is a greyshirt. But both Onwuasor and Lucien have other options and they are too good to let slip away.

Remember Oklahoma was seriously starting to hit up Aaron right as he committed to Nebraska. Obviously Bo wasn't the only coach in America that saw a lot of potential in this kid. Definitely could see him moving up the rankings when he is re-evaluated after his senior year by the services. The only thing that could hold himback in my eyes was the tweeked knee early in the season. He will not greyshirt.

I do not see Davie greyshirting either. With his background being from Detroit, who knows what the families financial situation is. If they asked him to greyshirt, I easily can see him jumping ship and taking a full ride and playing time right away at a lower level. Again not saying he will, but can see it happening.

Remember Oklahoma was seriously starting to hit up Aaron right as he committed to Nebraska. Obviously Bo wasn't the only coach in America that saw a lot of potential in this kid. Definitely could see him moving up the rankings when he is re-evaluated after his senior year by the services. The only thing that could hold himback in my eyes was the tweeked knee early in the season. He will not greyshirt.

I do not see Davie greyshirting either. With his background being from Detroit, who knows what the families financial situation is. If they asked him to greyshirt, I easily can see him jumping ship and taking a full ride and playing time right away at a lower level. Again not saying he will, but can see it happening.

Yikes. And thus the poor black kid from Detroit stereotypes commence.

:facepalm:

Yikes. And thus the poor black kid from Detroit stereotypes commence.

:facepalm:

Figured someone would go this route with that. I wasn't going there, believe he even said his dad worked in the auto industry and got layed off when the whole automotive industry was crashing and burning. So that was the situation that I was trying to paint and probably should have referenced, but not the poor black route that you took it as.

Bouzos's committment was accepted in the spring. You don't accept a committment from a kid that early that you intend to greyshirt.

I hope everyone doesn't think that I mean any disrespect to Bouzos. Ok so if there is no possible way that Bouzos greyshirts, who on that commit list is a possible greyshirt to make more room now?

Bouzos's committment was accepted in the spring. You don't accept a committment from a kid that early that you intend to greyshirt.

I hope everyone doesn't think that I mean any disrespect to Bouzos. Ok so if there is no possible way that Bouzos greyshirts, who on that commit list is a possible greyshirt to make more room now?

Jake cotton??

Jake cotton??

Cotton is already here. How about Dylan Admire??? :sarcasm:sarcasm:sarcasm

To be honest with you I don't see any greyshirt worthy players. You know that there will be attrition in our program though. You can count on at least 1-2 per year.

Michigan offered. I'm seriously starting to think that alot of coaches just wait till we offer a guy and theb they offer him. :grr

i think you are on to something.......

why have rivals or your own recruiting cordinator in this economy when you can just rely on Nebraska to do the work for you