David Ubben Giving No Respect to Dennard

This is his Reason #4 why A&M beats Nebraska this week:

4) Missouri doesn't have the talent at receiver to get open, but Texas A&M does. Jeff Fuller probably won't have a big day against Prince Amukamara, but Uzoma Nwachukwu will occupy Alfonzo Dennard, and opportunities over the middle should be there for slot men Ryan Swope and Kenric McNeal, as well as tight end Nehemiah Hicks and Gray out of the backfield. Ryan Tannehill will find them enough to help the Aggies spring the upset and finish the season strong.

-----------------------------------------------------

Does he not realize how good Dennard is? Possibly as good or better than Prince? Also doesn't realize how good Hagg and Gomes are apparently with his over the middle comment. Lavonte will definitely be the wild card this week deciding how our defense performs whether its covering a slot receiver/running back, or plugging holes in the running game.

What exactly does "will occupy Alfonzo Dennard" mean? Sounds like Ubben expects Uzoma to take Dennard to the woodshed.

In spite of this subliminal message, I'm sure Ubben and aTm will be in for a surprise when they find our man coverage blanketing their athletic WRs. Every solid WR corp we've faced this season has been blown away by our speed and cover ability, so I'd be hard-pressed to think the Aggies won't have that same reaction when it's all said and done.

What exactly does "will occupy Alfonzo Dennard" mean? Sounds like Ubben expects Uzoma to take Dennard to the woodshed.

In spite of this subliminal message, I'm sure Ubben and aTm will be in for a surprise when they find our man coverage blanketing their athletic WRs. Every solid WR corp we've faced this season has been blown away by our speed and cover ability, so I'd be hard-pressed to think the Aggies won't have that same reaction when it's all said and done.

Are the aggies gone? okay good...

I didn't want to say this with them watching, but they could be setting themselves up for a massive fall. They have supreme overconfidence in their offense. They're over-hyping the game with the discounted student tickets to get a sellout. They are completely miffed that Gameday didn't show up. I just get the feeling like they're investing too much in this game, like the Texas game this year for us or USC game before Callahan got driven out of town.

I'm still not sold on Sherman, I don't think he's as bad as our ex-NFL reject, but hes had pretty big problems with every team so far. They are way too overconfident in their offense. Not 6 months ago Jerrod Johnson was the best thing ever, gonna run away with the south. Now a converted wide receiver is their new best QB and sure he's good but how much experience does he really have? I don't think anyone can count on taking advantage of our corners like Ubben seems to suggest.

It depends entirely on Nebraska, if the team shows up to prove they can execute and put together a complete game with a chip on their shoulder like they did with Washington on the road, well it could be bad for A&M especially with them placing so much importance on this game. We've seen how that can make a team play tight and out of character first hand this year.

To me and doesn't look like a bash on Dennard, but on Hagg, Gomes, etc. Looks like he is saying Dennard will be occupied with Uzoma giving opportunities to Ryan Swope and Kenric McNeal...just the way I read it anyways

No cuz he's saying how good Prince is, then uses the word 'but' so-and-so will occupy Dennard. It's definitely saying Dennard will have his hands full with this receiver and probably won't succeed. lols to that.

Are the aggies gone? okay good...

I didn't want to say this with them watching, but they could be setting themselves up for a massive fall. They have supreme overconfidence in their offense. They're over-hyping the game with the discounted student tickets to get a sellout. They are completely miffed that Gameday didn't show up. I just get the feeling like they're investing too much in this game, like the Texas game this year for us or USC game before Callahan got driven out of town.

I'm still not sold on Sherman, I don't think he's as bad as our ex-NFL reject, but hes had pretty big problems with every team so far. They are supremely overconfident in their offense. Not 6 months ago Jerrod Johnson was the best thing ever, gonna run away with the south. Now a converted wide receiver is their new best QB and sure he's good but how much experience does he really have? I don't think anyone can count on taking advantage of our corners like Ubben seems to suggest.

It depends entirely on Nebraska, if the team shows up to prove they can execute and put together a complete game with a chip on their shoulder like they did with Washington on the road, well it could be bad for A&M especially with them placing so much importance on this game. We've seen how that can make a team play tight and out of character first hand this year.

Totally agree with everything you say. This pretty much sums up everything. We can end all threads about the aTm game now.

To me and doesn't look like a bash on Dennard, but on Hagg, Gomes, etc. Looks like he is saying Dennard will be occupied with Uzoma giving opportunities to Ryan Swope and Kenric McNeal...just the way I read it anyways

No cuz he's saying how good Prince is, then uses the word 'but' so-and-so will occupy Dennard. It's definitely saying Dennard will have his hands full with this receiver and probably won't succeed. lols to that.

Im honestly put myself in the group that thinks Dennard is better than Prince. Prince is very, very good but I think Dennard is more gifted athletically. The guy is a freak, all one has to do is look at his Int return in the WU game from the endzone view to realize how incredibly gifted he is. The move he makes after making that Int is almost unbelievable and I thought I heard them talking on t.v. during one of the games that he has a 46" verticle, that negates anything he gives up in height.

But his main point is this:

...opportunities over the middle should be there for slot men Ryan Swope and Kenric McNeal, as well as tight end Nehemiah Hicks and Gray out of the backfield. Ryan Tannehill will find them enough to help the Aggies spring the upset and finish the season strong.

He's not saying Dennard will have trouble, he's merely saying Dennard will have his hands full with Nwachukwu leaving the middle of the field open hence frazier's reference to it being more a knock on Hagg, Gomes, etc.

Exactly right. He's not knocking Dennard . . . quite to the contrary actually. He's saying Dennard and Amukamara will shut their guys down but the other two receivers might have chances to get open. If he's knocking anyone he is knocking Hagg, Gomes, and David.

Casual fans may be overconfident about RTanny's abilities but people who really watch the game are not. He had 2 picks against OU and very easily could have had 4 more. He will be a very good QB but I recognize his inexperience now in some of his decisions. He tries to put the ball in some really tight places and sometimes takes a sack outside the pocket instead of throwing it away. These things are going to haunt him cone gametime I'm sure. I expect many TOs but I trust our defense to pick up the slack.

Can't wait though!