David Ubben Giving No Respect to Dennard

Call me crazy, but if it comes down to the Aggie offense or the Aggie defense having to win this game, I'm going with the Wrecking Crew every single time. Much more confidence in them than our hot/cold offense, tbh.

You have mentioned the "the wrecking crew" in a few of your posts. Let the record reflect that the "wrecking crew" hasn't been and will not be back this season. A la "Blackshirts 2005"! Even though most LongHorn fans are hopping on that aggie bandwagon the a&m defense 2010 in no way mirrors the early 90's defense that filled the shoes of what the wrecking crew stood for, and still stands for. However, our present Blackshirts do resemble the Husker defense's of the 90's. We have a better defense and ours is and was better than boomers's. Put the kool-aid down. We will be there for consolation for you. Given our past record of over-hyping our team, we will always be there for Nebraska South, aka Texas A&M.

Call me crazy, but if it comes down to the Aggie offense or the Aggie defense having to win this game, I'm going with the Wrecking Crew every single time. Much more confidence in them than our hot/cold offense, tbh.

You have mentioned the "the wrecking crew" in a few of your posts. Let the record reflect that the "wrecking crew" hasn't been and will not be back this season. A la "Blackshirts 2005"! Even though most LongHorn fans are hopping on that aggie bandwagon the a&m defense 2010 in no way mirrors the early 90's defense that filled the shoes of what the wrecking crew stood for, and still stands for. However, our present Blackshirts do resemble the Husker defense's of the 90's. We have a better defense and ours is and was better than boomers's. Put the kool-aid down. We will be there for consolation for you. Given our past record of over-hyping our team, we will always be there for Nebraska South, aka Texas A&M.

To me and doesn't look like a bash on Dennard, but on Hagg, Gomes, etc. Looks like he is saying Dennard will be occupied with Uzoma giving opportunities to Ryan Swope and Kenric McNeal...just the way I read it anyways

No cuz he's saying how good Prince is, then uses the word 'but' so-and-so will occupy Dennard. It's definitely saying Dennard will have his hands full with this receiver and probably won't succeed. lols to that.

But his main point is this:

...opportunities over the middle should be there for slot men Ryan Swope and Kenric McNeal, as well as tight end Nehemiah Hicks and Gray out of the backfield. Ryan Tannehill will find them enough to help the Aggies spring the upset and finish the season strong.

He's not saying Dennard will have trouble, he's merely saying Dennard will have his hands full with Nwachukwu leaving the middle of the field open hence frazier's reference to it being more a knock on Hagg, Gomes, etc.

Ah I gotcha now. That does seem to be what he's trying to say then.

Fair enough, and it may be that espn is doing the hype of the A&M offense because of the QB situation so perhaps that's where my impression came from. Who knows, been a long week. Especially with the Cam Newton soap opera going on across the sec on top of actual important football.

I may also have come off more arrogant than I intended too, I should've mentioned that if Nebraska doesn't decide to show up and do small things like catch passes and not fumble it could be a long day for us as well.

Not worried about what this guy is saying, we'll do our speaking on the field tomorrow.

to show you how my week has been going, i was about to argue with on this with you. absolutely convinced that today was thursday.

oh yeah...we've had no problem whatsoever shutting down true elite quarterbacks...some hothanded several game starter is as likely to pick apart the blackshirts as i am to crap crab rangoons and piss sweet and sour sauce tonight.

Personally, if I was helping Ubben write this, I would have made all four reasons the same:

1. Taylor Martinez is not 100%

2. Taylor Martinez is less than 100%

3. Taylor Martinez is under 100%

4. 100 %, Taylor Martinez is not

The defense will show up... IMO it's only a question of whether or not Taylor is healthy enough to make the offense go

• Fire 1

Remember Ubben is a Texan/Oklahoman/Missourian reporter in the past and add in the mix he's an Arkansas native, so idiocracy is just embedded in his genes.

Now to the thread. I also am in the boat that it isn't a slam on Dennard at all. More of questioning the ssafeties and LB's chances of covering the Aggie slot receivers. I love our secondary against anyone in the nation. The only overly concerning matchups would be Swope, with his speed against Haag(not so much)/Osbourne/Cassidy and if they put Fuller in the slot and he is matched up on Gomes(big size mismatch). Those are minimum concerns and any type of a pass rush showing up easily eases any thoughts of an Aggie passing attack.

Personally, if I was helping Ubben write this, I would have made all four reasons the same:

1. Taylor Martinez is not 100%

2. Taylor Martinez is less than 100%

3. Taylor Martinez is under 100%

4. 100 %, Taylor Martinez is not

The defense will show up... IMO it's only a question of whether or not Taylor is healthy enough to make the offense go

its scary how different the offense is with a 100% Martinez back there. i mean, without him we dont look much different than last years fiasco. in fact, its eerily similar.

This is his Reason #4 why A&M beats Nebraska this week:

4) Missouri doesn't have the talent at receiver to get open, but Texas A&M does. Jeff Fuller probably won't have a big day against Prince Amukamara, but Uzoma Nwachukwu will occupy Alfonzo Dennard, and opportunities over the middle should be there for slot men Ryan Swope and Kenric McNeal, as well as tight end Nehemiah Hicks and Gray out of the backfield. Ryan Tannehill will find them enough to help the Aggies spring the upset and finish the season strong.

-----------------------------------------------------

Does he not realize how good Dennard is? Possibly as good or better than Prince? Also doesn't realize how good Hagg and Gomes are apparently with his over the middle comment. Lavonte will definitely be the wild card this week deciding how our defense performs whether its covering a slot receiver/running back, or plugging holes in the running game.

The thing about Dennard is he keeps his mouth shuts and plays the game. We will see on Saturday