Cotton should have kicked harder

SECHusker

I like this guy's comment:

So you hit someone hard between the whistles, and it's a one game suspension.

You poke, jab and squeeze someone's goods for 15 seconds after the play and there is no penalty.

I think Charlie Brown said it best....good grief.

Should he have done it? No. But did every single Husker here fail anatomy? He's grabbing the BACK OF HIS LEG. That's nowhere near his genital region. And if you think this NEVER happens in the pile, you're delusional.

As delusional as the Aggie fans wanting Carl prosecuted for assault on Jones, when Jones himself said he wasn't hurt, his camera wasn't broken, and he's not pressing charges.

Looks like there's plenty of delusion to go around, huh?

Any Aggie who thinks Carl should be prosecuted IS delusional. It's stupid, and not even the TexAgs ownership wants that. But to hear that he had to go THROUGH and grapple with a cameraman to get to his player in distress is silly and ridiculous.

Again, no more nor less delusional than TexAgs right now. That glass house you're living in isn't giving you a very good view of your environs. You should use some Windex before casting any more stones. ;)

I'm betting some of us haven't commented because there's really not much to say. I'm embarrassed by it and wish he'd been flagged, unfortunately it wasn't seen. Not really anything else to add.

To me a suspension seems probably a bit harsh, it sounds like it was handled internally. Knowing how Sherman is I sure wouldn't want to be that guy.

I'm betting some of us haven't commented because there's really not much to say. I'm embarrassed by it and wish he'd been flagged, unfortunately it wasn't seen. Not really anything else to add.

To me a suspension seems probably a bit harsh, it sounds like it was handled internally. Knowing how Sherman is I sure wouldn't want to be that guy.

Sherman said he didn't watch the video, and didn't have any interest in watching it. I doubt the punishment fit the crime, because Sherman probably doesn't even know what the crime is. This is a bit more deranged than your typical extracurricular dogpile activity. Watching that sh#t on Youtube makes my stomach squirm.

What I don't get is why the Big XII went on and on about "intent to injure and inflict pain" on Eric Martin's hit, yet when here they have the most obvious example of it, they do NOTHING.

Sherman said he didn't watch the video, and didn't have any interest in watching it. I doubt the punishment fit the crime, because Sherman probably doesn't even know what the crime is. This is a bit more deranged than your typical extracurricular dogpile activity. Watching that sh#t on Youtube makes my stomach squirm.

What I don't get is why the Big XII went on and on about "intent to injure and inflict pain" on Eric Martin's hit, yet when here they have the most obvious example of it, they do NOTHING.

What do you view as "typical" dogpile activity?

I saw the video. I saw the Aggie player clearly grab his private part. How can the Aggie fan say the player wasn't even close to grabbing it? The video doesn't lie ... there is no debate here. He grabbed Cotton's private part -- PERIOD!!!! You don't have to be bias and partisan to see this in the video.

Whether a Husker player did something like this in the past or a player from another team did something similar, they all should be suspended! So I am disappointed in the Aggie fan, who has been very fair in the past, take such a bias view. It is what it is in the video -- CLEARLY!!!!

What do you view as "typical" dogpile activity?

First of all, as the poster above me noted, it actually DOES appear as if the jackwagon was reaching for his nutsack. He just happened to get hamstring most of the time. So enough with this "get a lesson in anatomy" crap.

Second, I think it's awesome how every A&M poster tries to offer the conciliatory "I think what he did was wrong" line but then completely renders it meaningless by offering some variation of the "it happens all the timezzz!!!!!" argument. Like this is normal or something? I know football is football, but rarely do we see examples where it's so painfully obvious that a player crossed the line.

Evidently the f aggies are better at ball handling than we thought. Just like ISU twisting on Burkheads helmet. No suspension. The problem with you well meaning aggie fans and such is you just show up and see one game. We have seen this going on for quite awhile. Granted the Big 12 refs are the poorest around but now this is making bigger headlines than just from Husker fans. Do some checking. I just red where out of 194 snaps that the officials doint the A&M, TU and ISU game against the Husker defense that there has been zero, I repeat zero, offensive penalties called except for some procedures and movement calls. ZERO calls......