Cotton should have kicked harder

SECHusker

Im watching Cotton's interview on Huskers.com.

pretty good stuff.

First question. Media: How ya feeling?

Ben Cotton(Big smile on his face: I'm good. Normal week.

He seems to be taking it well.

Hardest question had to be after Cotton said that he would fix his behavior while something like that is happening.

Media: How can you fix that when something that is happening to you at the bottom of a pile?

Cotton: Um, count to 10, I don't know, count to 10 in my head, take a deep breathe and hope i make it out of there alive.

Great advice from a sexual assault victim.

Per Ubben's blog on ESPN

"Despite an ugly incident on a pile after a fumble recovery by Nebraska's Ben Cotton, Texas A&M defensive lineman Tony Jerod-Eddie will play against Texas on Thursday, Aggies coach Mike Sherman said on Monday.

Immediately after Texas A&M's 9-6 win over Nebraska, video circulated of Jerod-Eddie engaging in what Sherman called "extracurricular activity" in the pile, and Cotton was flagged for a personal foul and unsportsmanlike conduct on the play.

"I don't have time to look at YouTubes and what not, but I heard something about it, I asked the player about it, and he said there was some extracurricular activity on the pile, and I said 'That's not what we're about, that's not what we coached you to do,' and he agreed," Sherman said. "He's really remorseful about it, and I said I don't want to see it again. The results and the consequences of that are between me and that player. It's been addressed."

This YouTube version worked better for me. I know some stuff goes on at the bottom of a pile, but this is pretty bad.

Ben might have quit after his first mule kick when Tony Jerod-Eddie attempted to preform his version of a vascetomy when it seemed to connect but the Umpire looked like he was trying to finish the job grabbing Bens leg.

I like this guy's comment:

So you hit someone hard between the whistles, and it's a one game suspension.

You poke, jab and squeeze someone's goods for 15 seconds after the play and there is no penalty.

I think Charlie Brown said it best....good grief.

Should he have done it? No. But did every single Husker here fail anatomy? He's grabbing the BACK OF HIS LEG. That's nowhere near his genital region. And if you think this NEVER happens in the pile, you're delusional. You want to know whay a lot of Ags are making fun of you right now? People are saying he should be suspended/arrested/charged with sexual assault. THAT'S what is funny.

You poke, jab and squeeze someone's goods for 15 seconds after the play and there is no penalty.

Should he have done it? No. But did every single Husker here fail anatomy? He's grabbing the BACK OF HIS LEG. That's nowhere near his genital region. And if you think this NEVER happens in the pile, you're delusional.

As delusional as the Aggie fans wanting Carl prosecuted for assault on Jones, when Jones himself said he wasn't hurt, his camera wasn't broken, and he's not pressing charges.

Looks like there's plenty of delusion to go around, huh?

Should he have done it? No. But did every single Husker here fail anatomy? He's grabbing the BACK OF HIS LEG. That's nowhere near his genital region. And if you think this NEVER happens in the pile, you're delusional.

As delusional as the Aggie fans wanting Carl prosecuted for assault on Jones, when Jones himself said he wasn't hurt, his camera wasn't broken, and he's not pressing charges.

Looks like there's plenty of delusion to go around, huh?

Any Aggie who thinks Carl should be prosecuted IS delusional. It's stupid, and not even the TexAgs ownership wants that. But to hear that he had to go THROUGH and grapple with a cameraman to get to his player in distress is silly and ridiculous.