How did you handle the loss to the refs?

theneguy95

Semi-neutral input (I obviously don't like aggy and I kinda do like y'all, but I can be pretty objective when Texas isn't directly involved)...

Y'all was hosed like a mother. 16 to 2? And one on them was picked up? Seriously? F-ing garbage.

I don't know who you are, but I like you buddy.

This loss is not that hard to take- we still can win the Big 12 championship and win a BCS game. However, the way the game was officiated and especially that last play pisses me off, a lot. Is there a conspiracy theory? I really hope not, but there was something seriously wrong with the way this game was officiated. If you're going to call a tight game, fine, but do it both ways. Holding takes place on the offensive line every game, and its one of the hardest calls a ref has to make. So, if a ref decides to call holding every time he sees anything close to it, fine, but call it both ways. Theres no way a college football game should have a penalty difference of over 130 yards. Even if Pelini was pissing the refs off, thats no excuse for them to call the game poorly. You're supposed to be professionals, you're going to get criticism by the coaches- deal with it. I have no problem with them flagging Pelini for the unsportsman like conduct. If Pelini is yelling at you too much, flag him. Do not flag our players based on how you feel about our coach.

Anyway, lets go beat the living crap out of CU and then whoever we face in the CCG. Take the CCG trophy, smash it, and walk off the field.

I'm over it. Some horrible calls but this game was semi doomed from the get go. Cody Green running what was supposed to be an offense. Martinez comes back but obviously isn't 100%. I gave in to the fact that we had a good chance of losing mid way through the 4th quarter. It just isn't our season. The Texas game taught me that.

Going forward I'm looking forward to the Big 12 championship game (we should beat Colorado and make it there) and I want to get a look at Brion Carnes next year and I'd like to see a couple of coaches move on *cough* to different ventures. I'd truly like to see some changes as far as that goes next year and I'd still feel that way had we won tonight.

You really jacked that wall up.

I think it's been about 10 years since there's been a good enough reason for me to "unrationally" punch holes in any walls, but I just couldn't hold it back this time... Nebraska has been getting screwed by crooked refs and bogus calls all season, but this was sooooooo blatantly obvious. How can the conference get away with it? I just don't get how the NCAA has come down on schools, players, coaches, etc so why not on conferences? Can't wait to get to the Big 10; if not for anything else other than something more honest and just. Don't get on me about, "man why did you punch holes in your wall?" or anything like that... it's not a question of stupidity or lack of control, but curious if anyone else had as much trouble handling this as me?

loss to the refs? really?? you guys really are into the crop circles aren't you??

it had nothing to do with the team you played??

I think it's been about 10 years since there's been a good enough reason for me to "unrationally" punch holes in any walls, but I just couldn't hold it back this time... Nebraska has been getting screwed by crooked refs and bogus calls all season, but this was sooooooo blatantly obvious. How can the conference get away with it? I just don't get how the NCAA has come down on schools, players, coaches, etc so why not on conferences? Can't wait to get to the Big 10; if not for anything else other than something more honest and just. Don't get on me about, "man why did you punch holes in your wall?" or anything like that... it's not a question of stupidity or lack of control, but curious if anyone else had as much trouble handling this as me?

loss to the refs? really?? you guys really are into the crop circles aren't you??

The way you won the game had everything to do with the refs. Without that horrible late hit call, the game is going to OT, or Nebraska is winning it. Could you have won the game in OT? Sure, but we should have had a chance to play the game and not have the outcome be determined by the refs.

The way you won the game had everything to do with the refs. Without that horrible late hit call, the game is going to OT, or Nebraska is winning it. Could you have won the game in OT? Sure, but we should have had a chance to play the game and not have the outcome be determined by the refs.

we overcame the exact same things against OU just 2 weeks ago. it happens, you just have to deal with it! You should be blaming your coach for b****ing at the refs the entire game. They finally got tired of it and probably got a little flag happy at the end!!

What happens in the last three minutes of a game isn't the only playing that matters. A&M put up over 300 yards of offense, and scored more points than us. The refs didn't do us any favors, but they didn't cost us the game. If you don't play well enough to keep the game out of the hands of the officials, you don't deserve a win. You don't necessarily deserve a loss either, but you certainly don't deserve a win.

I yelled a lot, cussed like a sailor, and kicked the chest that we use as a coffee table real hard because I was so pissed off at the refs (feel no reason to be mad at A&M, they didn't do anything but play their own game). But I couldn't do anything too crazy because I was watching it with some older people.

About the only other time I was more pissed off at a game was the NFC championship last season. Huge Vikings fan and to see the calls that went against Minnesota in overtime just sent me over the edge, especially since it was obvious at just how much Minnesota was outplaying the Saints. It felt like once the game went to OT the refs just up and decided they were going to send New Orleans to the Super Bowl because the city needed it.

What happens in the last three minutes of a game isn't the only playing that matters. A&M put up over 300 yards of offense, and scored more points than us. The refs didn't do us any favors, but they didn't cost us the game. If you don't play well enough to keep the game out of the hands of the officials, you don't deserve a win. You don't necessarily deserve a loss either, but you certainly don't deserve a win.

You are the kind of guy that is content with making 6.75 for the rest of his life as long as you get an hour lunch instead of a half an hour, you never played competitive sports either.