Did Bo Take It To Far Last Night..............

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I say yes. The game was obviously going into stupid mode mid 3rd quarter. Was there any reason to keep getting in the refs face when it was obvious what was happening. I know ill get slammed for this because i love Bos passion for his team when its getting hosed. But by the 4th i knew what was happening and there was nothing to stop or change it.

I don't think there is any debating whether or not he took it too far. The unsportsmanlike conduct penalty says enough.

Obviously, Bo had a reason to be very upset with what was going on. That said, he has to realize that he is the face of this program when he comes across these moments, and his actions reflect on the rest of us.

He had reason to be upset, but he didn't have reason to hurt the team with a penalty of his own.

Nobody likes being cheated. He knew what was happening and it would piss anyone off. The worst thing about last night was yelling at Martinez. I think everyone can empathize with his temper toward the refs to some extent, but screaming at your own player is what looked bad.

I don't understand why everyone is making such a big deal out of this. No one knows what was said, Martinez didn't look like he felt it was unwarranted, and the kid came out and tried his best in the second half. Bo never addressed WHY he yelled at Martinez, and there's some speculation about him texting his gf or giving the athletic trainers a hard time, but no one is above being rebuked, esp. not the teams offensive leader.

I don't think there is any debating whether or not he took it too far. The unsportsmanlike conduct penalty says enough.

Obviously, Bo had a reason to be very upset with what was going on. That said, he has to realize that he is the face of this program when he comes across these moments, and his actions reflect on the rest of us.

He had reason to be upset, but he didn't have reason to hurt the team with a penalty of his own.

I also don't know that the unsportsmanlike was so bad-we had already gotten the second dead ball Personal Foul on Martin and were on our own five. We went from the five to the two and half yard line. You know what happened next? A tough, 30 yard run by Burkhead. Bo's penalty did not take away a first down, a score, or even put us in a much worse spot.

I also don't know that the unsportsmanlike was so bad-we had already gotten the second dead ball Personal Foul on Martin and were on our own five. We went from the five to the two and half yard line. You know what happened next? A tough, 30 yard run by Burkhead. Bo's penalty did not take away a first down, a score, or even put us in a much worse spot.

It didn't, but it very well could have.

I love Bo's attitude and his fire. This team needed it after Callahan. But, I don't think the team needs it bad enough that Pelini has to go THAT far with dozens of cameras trailed on him.

Nobody likes being cheated. He knew what was happening and it would piss anyone off. The worst thing about last night was yelling at Martinez. I think everyone can empathize with his temper toward the refs to some extent, but screaming at your own player is what looked bad.

I agree. It's hard to form an opinion too without knowing what Martinez really did to set Bo off. I love Bo, wouldn't trade him for the world. I'd like to see him tone it down some though. No matter how bad things are going or how badly a player screws up you still need to show at least some restraint. The worst part is the cameras are right there to catch it all. Of course Bo has another side, a great side but it's the bad moments that people across the country see.

It didn't, but it very well could have.

I love Bo's attitude and his fire. This team needed it after Callahan. But, I don't think the team needs it bad enough that Pelini has to go THAT far with dozens of cameras trailed on him.

I agree, but part of me thinks,and of course this is just speculation, that Bo is perty smart and knows how to get his team going. MAYBE he saw this as an opportune time to show the team that he knew what was going on and that it was bull. Obviously it looks bad for cameras to be on someone in a state of anger. As a passionate person, I empathize with Bo's reactions and prob cut him more slack than most. He was obviously pissed the refs were giving us the business and he let it show mult times. We scored our second FG on that drive btw...

Not far enough! If I was BO I would have handed my playsheet and headset to Carl and said "Sorry bro, but it looks like you'll be coaching against CU". Then proceed directly to the head referee and punched him right square in his smug cheating face! Overboard? Maybe, but when you're being blatantly cheated in front of the entire country being a timid little bitch on the side line certainly isn't going to change anything. So why not let Beebe and his henchmen know that if you wanna F with Nebraska, Nebraska is gonna F with you!

"i heard" "I heard". Is bs when it comes to the tirade Bo sprung on TM complete with jabbing TMs throat repeatedly. I heard one of the guys here claim he was giving him a "pep talk". What the nation saw was a forty something coach berating an 18 year old player complete with spittle and finger pointing. It was easy to see the tirade ended with "Now get your f'n a** over on the bench.".

Bo and our fans are extremely fortunate that he picked a white kid for the extended out of control rant and poking or there would be many quarters calling for his immediate dismissal rather than noting that he was way out of control. He would quite possibly have been fired if the player had been black in this current environment where the appearance of a white authority figure bullying a black teenage player would loose the hounds of political correctness and racial insensitivity like nothing else. Jesse Jackson would have been in Lincoln today and sixty minutes would have had the story featured tonight.

The other problem I see Bo having is there will be a player take exception to that "hands on" approach and throw a punch. You know there are likely players now who have said, "If he ever does that to me I'll ...". While most such claims will not happen, the wrong player at the wrong moment and Bo will have a fist in his face. If so, with the history of his rage on national tv, few will blame the player and it might well cause the university to move on Bo. similarly, chasing officials off the field will not be tolerated long by UNL or the big ten. I thought after the big 12 CG last year that he would learn and tone it down. I would bet anything the president of the university has let his feelings be known through TO. Behavior like last night no matter how justified many feel it was will not be tolerated long.