My Burning Thoughts

EZ-E

+1. I agree with the majority of your post, especially #2. Bo often rides the officials like that and always wears his emotions on his sleeve. It tends to get overlooked when we win.

However, I disagree with #3. Far worse occurs underneath those piles. This incident just happened to be caught on camera. I'm curious to see what comes of it. I wouldn't be surprised if nothing happens.

6) The Fire-Watson camp, I am done with all of you. We hold Watson to a much more higher standard than Bo and Carl. When we play poorly, it is all his fault. When we play well, it is no thanks to him. When we gave up 30 to ISU Carl was not called out as much as Watson. When Okie State scored 41 on us Carl Pelini was not held accountable. But when arguably the most important person on our offense gets hurt and can't perform to full potential it is Watson's fault. How fair is that? If you are going to hold Watson to a high standard you have to hold Bo and Carl to the same standard. But I guess that they are untouchable.

You can't be serious. After ISU and OSU I remember PLENTY of people calling out the defense. The difference is, in the past two years, the defense has improved dramatically and has a reputation of showing up in the important games while the offense has gotten worse and been absent in nearly every big game. Also, many people call out Cotton and Gilmore just as much as they call out Watson. When it's the defense no one is talking about Eck, Papuchis or Sanders, they are talking about the Pelinis. To say people hold Wats to a higher standard is ridiculous. Fans will be happy with Wats if the offense scores a mere 17 points, meanwhile if the defense gives up more than 10 people begin to question Bo.

• Fire 3

6) The Fire-Watson camp, I am done with all of you. We hold Watson to a much more higher standard than Bo and Carl. When we play poorly, it is all his fault. When we play well, it is no thanks to him. When we gave up 30 to ISU Carl was not called out as much as Watson. When Okie State scored 41 on us Carl Pelini was not held accountable. But when arguably the most important person on our offense gets hurt and can't perform to full potential it is Watson's fault. How fair is that? If you are going to hold Watson to a high standard you have to hold Bo and Carl to the same standard. But I guess that they are untouchable.

You can't be serious. After ISU and OSU I remember PLENTY of people calling out the defense. The difference is, in the past two years, the defense has improved dramatically and has a reputation of showing up in the important games while the offense has gotten worse and been absent in nearly every big game. Also, many people call out Cotton and Gilmore just as much as they call out Watson. When it's the defense no one is talking about Eck, Papuchis or Sanders, they are talking about the Pelinis. To say people hold Wats to a higher standard is ridiculous. Fans will be happy with Wats if the offense scores a mere 17 points, meanwhile if the defense gives up more than 10 people begin to question Bo.

Sure, maybe the defense in itself is held to the same standard as the offense, but to say that Bo and Carl are held to the same standard that Watson is is flat out ludacris and you clearly are not a regular here. There are at least half a dozen threads a day started on Watson. How many are calling out Carl Pelini or even Bo? You may be able to count those on one hand if you look back to the very last thread.

Gilmore has been called out a number of times and so has Cotton, but not nearly as much as Watson. If you really do think that then you obviously do not read this board very much.

It is not ridiculous to say, because it is the reality when you read multiple boards and listen to many a radio stations.

• Fire 1

On Watson: the problem is his offense goes from great to absolutely nothing without Martinez with nothing in between. Everything is disorderly. They commit an absurd amount of penalties. There is no depth at QB. They are entirely feast or famine. And, most importantly, we have a long track record of his offense putting up zero touchdowns in big games. Unacceptable. It's okay to lose 24-17, but if you can't muster a touchdown with some regularity, there are systemic issues with how you run things. The excuses run dry after awhile.

As for Carl and especially Bo, their track record is impeccable. To compare the two is to obfuscate the discussion into nonsense. If Watson had a poor showing once a season, that would be one thing. When he has an entire season of them (2009) and so far four more this season, you have a pattern of poor performance that only gets worse when you dig into the stats. I said it earlier this season: when the defense in question is nearly worst in the nation at something, Watson is a genius. If they're pretty good across the board, our numbers don't just drop––they plummet. Even the Missouri game was lackluster with the exception of the first quarter. Again, feast or famine.

Put another way, Watson does very little to inspire confidence from the fanbase.

• Fire 4

Here is the thing. If ISU can put up points and yards on a very good defense like NU, then why cant Watson ever put up points and yards on good defenses?

See, thats what people want to know. I am more of a Watson hater then I am a fan. But the question remains, you would admit that NU has a good defense, even this year, it is very salty, right? Top 15 or 20 in point allowed? Well then, How come ISU can find away to score 30 points but Watson can't ever seem to do that vs defenses that are not even ranked/rated as high as NU's?

There is the issue, watson cant seem to get big plays vs good defenses. Why not? Why can ISU do that, why will CU find away to have 3 or 4 plays of over 20 yards on Friday while watson will probably only have 1 or 2?

• Fire 1

+1. I agree with the majority of your post, especially #2. Bo often rides the officials like that and always wears his emotions on his sleeve. It tends to get overlooked when we win.

However, I disagree with #3. Far worse occurs underneath those piles. This incident just happened to be caught on camera. I'm curious to see what comes of it. I wouldn't be surprised if nothing happens.

I would agree with you that worse things happen in the pile. There are fingers snapped and throats grabbed, but it is usually out of site out of mind. This one was caught on tape as was Spikes' episode last year. In my honest opinion something should be done about this incident because it is on video tape.

Pleaase enlighten us on what could be worse then getting your "stuff" ripped off!!!

Pleaase enlighten us on what could be worse then getting your "stuff" ripped off!!!

Having a banging hot girlfriend and then getting your stuff ripped off. That would be like a twilight zone episode!

Here is the thing. If ISU can put up points and yards on a very good defense like NU, then why cant Watson ever put up points and yards on good defenses?

See, thats what people want to know. I am more of a Watson hater then I am a fan. But the question remains, you would admit that NU has a good defense, even this year, it is very salty, right? Top 15 or 20 in point allowed? Well then, How come ISU can find away to score 30 points but Watson can't ever seem to do that vs defenses that are not even ranked/rated as high as NU's?

There is the issue, watson cant seem to get big plays vs good defenses. Why not? Why can ISU do that, why will CU find away to have 3 or 4 plays of over 20 yards on Friday while watson will probably only have 1 or 2?

There is a flaw with your argument when using ISU as an example. You have to remember that 14 points came off of two turnovers and they had one scoring drive that started on their side of the 50, they also scored 6 in OT. So there are other things that factor into how ISU scored 30 on us and it is not because their offensive strategy was superior.

Sure, maybe the defense in itself is held to the same standard as the offense, but to say that Bo and Carl are held to the same standard that Watson is is flat out ludacris and you clearly are not a regular here. There are at least half a dozen threads a day started on Watson. How many are calling out Carl Pelini or even Bo? You may be able to count those on one hand if you look back to the very last thread.

Gilmore has been called out a number of times and so has Cotton, but not nearly as much as Watson. If you really do think that then you obviously do not read this board very much.

It is not ridiculous to say, because it is the reality when you read multiple boards and listen to many a radio stations.

1. I was talking in general, not just specific to this board. I listen to a LOT of local sports radio and talk to many Husker fans everyday. I'm basing this off what I have heard all around, not just on this board.

2. The reason there are more threads calling out Watson is because he has had more failures than Pelini as of late. At the beginning of the season, there were MANY threads started calling out Bo's scheme because this defense supposedly couldn't stop the run. Now the defense is playing well and the offense is struggling so naturally the attention has shifted from Pelini to Watson.

3. This is Bo and Carl's 3rd year. People can see the HUGE changes made in the defense in just 3 years. It would be flat out stupid to call for Bo and Carl's heads after witnessing one of the greatest college football transformations in recent years. This is Watson's 4th year and his squad has done the exact opposite of Bo's. This offense has gone from great to horid. Call me crazy but I'll cut some slack to the guys that have drastically improved stock and be a little harsher on the guy that is crashing stock. That doesn't mean they are held to a different standard; a standard of playing well enough to win. Show me a game lost because of the defense, cause I can show you more games lost because of the offense.

On Watson: the problem is his offense goes from great to absolutely nothing without Martinez with nothing in between. Everything is disorderly. They commit an absurd amount of penalties. There is no depth at QB. They are entirely feast or famine. And, most importantly, we have a long track record of his offense putting up zero touchdowns in big games. Unacceptable. It's okay to lose 24-17, but if you can't muster a touchdown with some regularity, there are systemic issues with how you run things. The excuses run dry after awhile.

As for Carl and especially Bo, their track record is impeccable. To compare the two is to obfuscate the discussion into nonsense. If Watson had a poor showing once a season, that would be one thing. When he has an entire season of them (2009) and so far four more this season, you have a pattern of poor performance that only gets worse when you dig into the stats. I said it earlier this season: when the defense in question is nearly worst in the nation at something, Watson is a genius. If they're pretty good across the board, our numbers don't just drop––they plummet. Even the Missouri game was lackluster with the exception of the first quarter. Again, feast or famine.

Put another way, Watson does very little to inspire confidence from the fanbase.

:laughpound:

Zach Lee was a very capable back-up pre-injury.

So the 2009 season is Watson's fault?

There is a flaw with your argument when using ISU as an example. You have to remember that 14 points came off of two turnovers and they had one scoring drive that started on their side of the 50, they also scored 6 in OT. So there are other things that factor into how ISU scored 30 on us and it is not because their offensive strategy was superior.

We got the ball around the 50 quite a few times against A&M and still managed 6 points. Nice try though. And don't say it's because Martinez was gimpy. Us without Martinez should still be better with ISU.

1. I was talking in general, not just specific to this board. I listen to a LOT of local sports radio and talk to many Husker fans everyday. I'm basing this off what I have heard all around, not just on this board.

2. The reason there are more threads calling out Watson is because he has had more failures than Pelini as of late. At the beginning of the season, there were MANY threads started calling out Bo's scheme because this defense supposedly couldn't stop the run. Now the defense is playing well and the offense is struggling so naturally the attention has shifted from Pelini to Watson.

3. This is Bo and Carl's 3rd year. People can see the HUGE changes made in the defense in just 3 years. It would be flat out stupid to call for Bo and Carl's heads after witnessing one of the greatest college football transformations in recent years. This is Watson's 4th year and his squad has done the exact opposite of Bo's. This offense has gone from great to horid. Call me crazy but I'll cut some slack to the guys that have drastically improved stock and be a little harsher on the guy that is crashing stock. That doesn't mean they are held to a different standard; a standard of playing well enough to win. Show me a game lost because of the defense, cause I can show you more games lost because of the offense.

So with what you are saying are you blaming the 2009 season on Watson? Is he to blame for what happened to our squad that year? Is he also to blame for TMart's injury as well?