Hey, kids! It's the Pitt Thread!!!

hack

well boyz the way i see it the next 2 games, if the O plays like this, we will be 3-2

No Doubt.............I'm ready to see Beck...and fast......Taylor looks like he is goin backwards...and who told him it was cool to thro the ball 6yards when it's 3rd and 18?

wow.....that unit is bad and I'm not buying the lame ass line that it's the o-line....they looked fine to me...In fact Murtha looked great...No, this one belongs to BC and ZT.........the recievers look really bad at running their routes......The don't break clean and they look like they are running in sand...

I still think we beat ISU because we play better Defense and the Kicking game seems to be improving....We need to hang onto the ball nad get some Turnovers agin ISU.......

a few random observations:

Does ABC assign Pussberger to Husker games just to piss us off? Congrats to Pussberger and "partna" for being the first TV crew this season to pronounce McKeon's name wrong. A rag-tag FoxSports crew and TBS managed to get it right. but gawd forbid this ABC crew doesn't mess up at least one name per game.

I for one actualy thought there was actual improvement on the O'line. I don't mean, by any stretch, that they looked great, but after the snap they actually made some holes! actual holes for people to run through :o wow.

that alone = an improvement IMO.

now, that was AFTER the snap. BEFORE the snap is a whole 'nother issue. By the end of the game it had become instinct to look for the "FLAG" icon to come up in the scoreboard thing on the TV. dedhoarse.

if we can get the makin' occasional holes thing without the penalty flag thing, maybe we could score a couple touchdowns a game. :thumbs

:sarcasm

on a future player issue: Lucky may be good someday, but Glenn is good right now! or at least on a few plays, who knows if he could keep that up an entire game. IMO, I think we found our 3&short running back.

I'm ready to see Beck...and fast......Taylor looks like he is goin backwards...and who told him it was cool to thro the ball 6yards when it's 3rd and 18

so we're 3-0 and you want to commit suicide on the season already??

like Lucky, Beck may be good one day too. but to bench Taylor and throw Beck in their is just ridiculous.

Taylor's biggest problems have been not getting enough time (Oline), dropped passes (WRs), and in this game, not throwing the ball away (QB) when being pressured (Oline).

actually for all those problems he's shown pretty good poise IMO. He could have completely buckled under just as Dailey did last year against SoMiss but he hasn't.

the Oline and WRs aren't going to suddenly improve by putting a frosh QB, who isn't as good as Taylor to begin with.

Side note: Lou Holtz is clinical crazy. Not just because I don't like him much, but because HE IS a total nutjob. He was just on ESPN and you can see it in his eyes.

Holtz has a chance to be the next Beeno i think. In fact, he could just be one of Beeno's chins that escaped.

I love being proved wrong.....

God Taylor looked inept out there. HE is without question the streakiest QB ever. Who told him it was OK to eat the ball when the line is collapsing around him. IF the play calls for three quick steps and a pass, it isn;t OK to hold it. That game was so close to negating a career game by ROss and a above average defense it was insane. AT least we know Wannstedt threw everything he could think of at us. But honestly, if Taylor puts another half like that against ISU I would rather see Ganz or Beck

Why in the world did we put Stuntz in there in the redzone... bad call there I think. I guess was going for the trickery.. but, our receivers CANNOT get open.

I'm pretty much in agreement with what everyone has been saying in this thread.

1) It looks like the Blackshirts are here to stay

Agree. Hopefully the 2 weeks can get Bowman healthy, we'll really need him for the next two games. Love the D-Line right now.

2) Holy crap, O-line. Improvement in run-blocking... no improvement in pass-blocking, horrible backslide in penalties.

Did have some nice holes to run through. I wish they would go 100% until the whistle blew. Don't know how may times I watched Seppo, Cornelius and Dane Todd whiff and just stop blocking.

3) Illegal formations, BC why are you putting in such complex formations for these young guys... when you're just pounding the ball?

Agree somewhat, but the player needs to take some responsibility. Our TE's are a joke. Here's hoping we land Konrad Reuland or Jordan McMichael.

4) Ross is a stud... end of story.

Yep. Finally seems to be comfortable w/the new turf.

5) Taylor looked okay, didn't throw the ball much, and those two sacks were not his fault. I like that he held the ball instead of throwing it up like he has been. With more experience, I want him to throw it away... not yet.

Definitely better to have a QB that takes a sack than one that makes you look over your shoulder and go "What the hell did he just do that for?" Give me a sack and a punt over a hurried pick any day.

Man, I was so excited at the beginning of the game with the drives we had. Looked good. And then we started killing ourselves with penalties. I really hope that this up-coming week off showed HUGE improvement in the offense, or this season is starting to look scary.

Why in the world did we put Stuntz in there in the redzone... bad call there I think. I guess was going for the trickery.. but, our receivers CANNOT get open.

I'm pretty much in agreement with what everyone has been saying in this thread.

1) It looks like the Blackshirts are here to stay

Agree. Hopefully the 2 weeks can get Bowman healthy, we'll really need him for the next two games. Love the D-Line right now.

2) Holy crap, O-line. Improvement in run-blocking... no improvement in pass-blocking, horrible backslide in penalties.

Did have some nice holes to run through. I wish they would go 100% until the whistle blew. Don't know how may times I watched Seppo, Cornelius and Dane Todd whiff and just stop blocking.

3) Illegal formations, BC why are you putting in such complex formations for these young guys... when you're just pounding the ball?

Agree somewhat, but the player needs to take some responsibility. Our TE's are a joke. Here's hoping we land Konrad Reuland or Jordan McMichael.

4) Ross is a stud... end of story.

Yep. Finally seems to be comfortable w/the new turf.

5) Taylor looked okay, didn't throw the ball much, and those two sacks were not his fault. I like that he held the ball instead of throwing it up like he has been. With more experience, I want him to throw it away... not yet.

Definitely better to have a QB that takes a sack than one that makes you look over your shoulder and go "What the hell did he just do that for?" Give me a sack and a punt over a hurried pick any day.

Man, I was so excited at the beginning of the game with the drives we had. Looked good. And then we started killing ourselves with penalties. I really hope that this up-coming week off showed HUGE improvement in the offense, or this season is starting to look scary.

Dang it, sorry I edited the post instead of responding. Must have had too many drinks at work....

As a Bronco fan, I can heartily attest to this fact.

Remember kids, left handed throws off your back foot in the red zone into quadruple coverage are a big no-no.