Sign Ideas for Game

I've YET to see any real evidence or confirmation on the Sal deal. I've heard several different versions, such as we had a HUGE sign in the stadium, or there were HUGE signs on both sides of the Kearney overpass as they came from and went back to Hippieville.

Show me a picture, please. It was a long time ago, but I know for a fact cameras existed, not to mention the game was on national TV.

Can someone please enlighten me on this SAL issue? im obviously too young...

Sal Aunese was a QB for Colorado in the late 80's. In 1988 he got head coach Bill Mccartney's daughter pregnant out of wedlock and had a son, TC. In October of '89 Sal died of stomach cancer after being diagnosed in February. The doctors said it was inoperable. Further more the issue of him knocking up McCartney's daughter was huge. A.Sal was Samoan, she was white. And, B the whole out of wedlock thing was huge back then. In fact when it was broke that Sal was the father, members of CU's athletic department tried to get a hold of as many newspapers they could to try to somewhat hide the story.

The Buffs used Sal as a rallying cry for the rest of the season and dedicated the year to him. Never more did it seem more evident then when the Huskers visited Boulder. A controversial game NU lost 27-23. A lot of CU players and fans said it was because of Sal, spirit, memory, anything it was Sal. Even an NU linebacker Jeff Mills pissed them off fierce by saying the Buffs were using the death of a teammate to their advantage.

Well a lot of Nu fans the next year and a ton of students. Started the Sal is Dead, Go Big Red theme. There were chants of that before and during the game in '90. A lot of them. Hell there are still Sal is Dead t-shirts out there somewhere I am sure. Karma definitely was a motha effer that day as NU blew a 12-0 lead in the fourth giving up 27 straight.

As far as the signs on the Interstate I'm not entirely sure if that was true or not. I heard there was one right at the border as well painted on the Interstate across the two lanes. There were signs at the game though.

Like I said earlier, it became a big deal. Kinda along the lines of trolls coming on here calling us out as "greatest fans" after meltdown modes. A lot of hate from the sCum faithful comes from this incident.

Can someone please enlighten me on this SAL issue? im obviously too young...

Sal Aunese was a QB for Colorado in the late 80's. In 1988 he got head coach Bill Mccartney's daughter pregnant out of wedlock and had a son, TC. In October of '89 Sal died of stomach cancer after being diagnosed in February. The doctors said it was inoperable. Further more the issue of him knocking up McCartney's daughter was huge. A.Sal was Samoan, she was white. And, B the whole out of wedlock thing was huge back then. In fact when it was broke that Sal was the father, members of CU's athletic department tried to get a hold of as many newspapers they could to try to somewhat hide the story.

The Buffs used Sal as a rallying cry for the rest of the season and dedicated the year to him. Never more did it seem more evident then when the Huskers visited Boulder. A controversial game NU lost 27-23. A lot of CU players and fans said it was because of Sal, spirit, memory, anything it was Sal. Even an NU linebacker Jeff Mills pissed them off fierce by saying the Buffs were using the death of a teammate to their advantage.

Well a lot of Nu fans the next year and a ton of students. Started the Sal is Dead, Go Big Red theme. There were chants of that before and during the game in '90. A lot of them. Hell there are still Sal is Dead t-shirts out there somewhere I am sure. Karma definitely was a motha effer that day as NU blew a 12-0 lead in the fourth giving up 27 straight.

As far as the signs on the Interstate I'm not entirely sure if that was true or not. I heard there was one right at the border as well painted on the Interstate across the two lanes. There were signs at the game though.

Like I said earlier, it became a big deal. Kinda along the lines of trolls coming on here calling us out as "greatest fans" after meltdown modes. A lot of hate from the sCum faithful comes from this incident.

:facepalm: