Big Red Rage

Husker66

1. 24 hour news cycle means media needs somethign to talk to

2. hopped on the bo bandwagon (whether he deserves his "hothead" status or not

3. after this weekend the media will be someone elses problem

4, bo better learn from this cause the next time the heats gonna be a lot hotter (but thats why we have burn units)

anyone who thinks that an entire crew of officials conspired in advance to screw nebraska because Bebe told them to is nuts. It may be fun to joke about and it might be fun to stick it to Bebe, but anyone who actually thinks that is crazy even for internet message boards.

Why don't the journalists do their job figure out...

what do you want the journalists to do? Find a secret tape recorded conversation of the officials on speaker phone with Bebe discussing how they will screw nebraska? I've seen this argument over and over--well if the journalists are doing such a crappy job of uncovering this plot, please share how you would go about doing their jobs. Statistical analysis of the penalties and their anomalies has been presented. What more is there for a journalist to do?

For the best (usually means brightest) college football fans there sure is a lot of stupid going on here (here meaning husker nation--not this thread or this board).

It is much more logical to assume that the officials called a horrible game, that they might be incompetent at their craft and that they either consciously or unconsciously let bo's treatment of them effect how they called the game. This is wrong. It also happens almost every Saturday of the year. Maybe not to this degree, but check the message boards of the auburn/alabama game after it is played. If the game ends with a point disparity of less that 7 points I will bet $50 right now that there will be a thread about how the officials were horrible and cost their team the game. the losing team's fans will feel like they got screwed. the only difference between them and us is that we are projecting it all on Bebe and the big 12 because we are leaving the conference.

/endrant

win tomorrow and none of this matters.

It's not so much the mass conspiracy...we want to know why it's ok for the media to discuss rumors of Taylor quitting based on Bo's outburst but the media doesn't discuss the officiating. I don't like that officials are off limits. I understand human error but if the coaches and unpaid players can be criticized why can't the refs? Hell even fans can be singled out for incidents!

Given all of the attention and energy the media has put into Bo's anger, you would think just one of them would take the time to pull their head out and maybe figure out what just transpired on the field to cause him to lose his temper. :madash :madash :madash

It took BO 3 games to blow his cool with this crew. How long would you last should be the question?

Solid stuff there, thanks a lot eliot!

That was weird, hearing all three guys actually taking a pro Pelini stand there. Then again, that was a CBS set, and CBS covers the SEC. And they still play real football in the SEC, unlike this absolute waste of a conference we find ourselves mired in. If only there was a way for us to get out...

People in the SEC aren't so naive to think that there's no funny business going on. They see corruption all the time.

Nice video I like it. I am also in the camp of saying that refs need to stay unbias even if they feel picked on by a coach. We can say people are people but to me if a ref is willing to make a game personal I wonder what else would cause them to bias a game. I'm sure they all have favorte teams, maybe players they like, maybe some finacial problems, who knows but these are all legit questions as soon as we open the door to these things.

Bo was out of control last week but so were the refs, too bad the kids end up the the wrong end of the stick when the adults fail to do what they are paid to do. I will include the A&M kids (ball grabber excluded) in this because the victory was not one to brag about and we all know it.

i love how people are ok with the refs being biased because of pelini yelling...... but wouldnt they same logic make it ok for pelini to yell? we have been getting bent over by the zebras all year. typical media double standard. you tell me what worse... a coach yelling and cussing(keep in mind the vast majority of them do it...not saying its ok, but it happens) or a ref not doing the most important part of his job(being unbiased) and changing the outcome of a game?

It's not ok, but it is something under Bo's control to not yell to the point where there are some bad calls going both ways, to everything going against us.

• Fire 1

i love how people are ok with the refs being biased because of pelini yelling...... but wouldnt they same logic make it ok for pelini to yell? we have been getting bent over by the zebras all year. typical media double standard. you tell me what worse... a coach yelling and cussing(keep in mind the vast majority of them do it...not saying its ok, but it happens) or a ref not doing the most important part of his job(being unbiased) and changing the outcome of a game?

It's not ok, but it is something under Bo's control to not yell to the point where there are some bad calls going both ways, to everything going against us.

Yeah, exactly. Bo can yell at the referees; everyone does. But there could be a better way that doesn't build up such animosity from the refs as is evident.

from the article

"I do, however, concede that referees are humans who can be influenced by their feelings toward certain other humans. So I ask you, if you're a ref, and you've spent the entire night being verbally accosted by a coach, do you think that would motivate you to keep your flag in you pocket or do the exact opposite?"

so it's ok for the refs to totally screw the players if they are mad at the coach? seems like that is what he is saying...isn't it? isn't it the job of the refs to call a fair game and not influence the outcome with skewed gamecalling no matter the reason? what if their reason for skewing the calls was because they had money on the game? would that also be ok? if they graduated from the school that they were favoring would that be ok? there are many personal reasons to make or not make calls.....but thier job is to remain professionals and call the game as fairly as they can. they owe it to the players and fans even if the coach is being an ass.

Agreed.... he came dangerously close to excusing the refs. I don't care if Bo murdered your family, you call a fair game dammit. Otherwise get off the field. And they try to make it seem like Bo was yelling about something other than bad calls.... he's yelling because the zebras aren't doing their job.... its not okay to use that as fuel for more bad calls.