Big Red Rage

Husker66

from the article

"I do, however, concede that referees are humans who can be influenced by their feelings toward certain other humans. So I ask you, if you're a ref, and you've spent the entire night being verbally accosted by a coach, do you think that would motivate you to keep your flag in you pocket or do the exact opposite?"

so it's ok for the refs to totally screw the players if they are mad at the coach? seems like that is what he is saying...isn't it? isn't it the job of the refs to call a fair game and not influence the outcome with skewed gamecalling no matter the reason? what if their reason for skewing the calls was because they had money on the game? would that also be ok? if they graduated from the school that they were favoring would that be ok? there are many personal reasons to make or not make calls.....but thier job is to remain professionals and call the game as fairly as they can. they owe it to the players and fans even if the coach is being an ass.

• Fire 1

It's a double standard is what it is. Bo yells and complains (despite the refs) and he gets publicly reprimanded by the AD of his school. The officials intentionally mess up calls and they get nothing. There was so much negative stuff coming out of this game and the only one's having to pay a price are the two Pelini coaches and the two kids (Martin and Marlowe). The douche from A&M with the cotton ball grab gets nothing. The douche officiating crew gets nothing. It's a joke.

As far as Bo's career ending move...he sure did look like he was about to take down that ref towards the end. That face he made of just pure "I'm gonna snap" was crazy but I had confidence he wouldn't do anything.

i love how people are ok with the refs being biased because of pelini yelling...... but wouldnt they same logic make it ok for pelini to yell? we have been getting bent over by the zebras all year. typical media double standard. you tell me what worse... a coach yelling and cussing(keep in mind the vast majority of them do it...not saying its ok, but it happens) or a ref not doing the most important part of his job(being unbiased) and changing the outcome of a game?

i love how people are ok with the refs being biased because of pelini yelling...... but wouldnt they same logic make it ok for pelini to yell? we have been getting bent over by the zebras all year. typical media double standard. you tell me what worse... a coach yelling and cussing(keep in mind the vast majority of them do it...not saying its ok, but it happens) or a ref not doing the most important part of his job(being unbiased) and changing the outcome of a game?

anyone who thinks that an entire crew of officials conspired in advance to screw nebraska because Bebe told them to is nuts. It may be fun to joke about and it might be fun to stick it to Bebe, but anyone who actually thinks that is crazy even for internet message boards.

Why don't the journalists do their job figure out...

what do you want the journalists to do? Find a secret tape recorded conversation of the officials on speaker phone with Bebe discussing how they will screw nebraska? I've seen this argument over and over--well if the journalists are doing such a crappy job of uncovering this plot, please share how you would go about doing their jobs. Statistical analysis of the penalties and their anomalies has been presented. What more is there for a journalist to do?

For the best (usually means brightest) college football fans there sure is a lot of stupid going on here (here meaning husker nation--not this thread or this board).

It is much more logical to assume that the officials called a horrible game, that they might be incompetent at their craft and that they either consciously or unconsciously let bo's treatment of them effect how they called the game. This is wrong. It also happens almost every Saturday of the year. Maybe not to this degree, but check the message boards of the auburn/alabama game after it is played. If the game ends with a point disparity of less that 7 points I will bet $50 right now that there will be a thread about how the officials were horrible and cost their team the game. the losing team's fans will feel like they got screwed. the only difference between them and us is that we are projecting it all on Bebe and the big 12 because we are leaving the conference.

/endrant

win tomorrow and none of this matters.

Solid stuff there, thanks a lot eliot!

That was weird, hearing all three guys actually taking a pro Pelini stand there. Then again, that was a CBS set, and CBS covers the SEC. And they still play real football in the SEC, unlike this absolute waste of a conference we find ourselves mired in. If only there was a way for us to get out...

Overall, I don't have issues with coaches yelling AT TIMES in games. My (minor) issue with Bo are in order:

1) It wasn't effective. Da flags, dey kept on a' comin'. We were getting hosed, welcome to the final season in the Big 12.

B ) Bo could be using his time more effectively coaching. Minor point, Watson and Carl are the coordinators, but they (especially Watson) needs their hand held.

3rd) Image. If Huskers won, there might have been less attention. Bo has one blow up a year. First year VTech (loss), last year Texas (loss) and aTm (loss) Can you say portrait of a poor loser

One last comment:

Frank Martin - Intense, yells at refs and his players. But that is OK (down here) because he wins, the players like playing for him, he sat his prima donna athlete down to teach him who is the boss and when he yells it is because he is teaching his players to be better people on and off the court. But Bo should be fired.