1620 USC Hosts

Personally, I like them. I think they are funny and I think they are informative and give out some good information. I noticed that on some other boards, HI, most recently, they are getting attacked because of course "they dont know anything" and they "make up stuff".

What are your guys thoughts?

I like the show and think they do a great job. I am not sure why so many NU fans have to pretty much "hate" on all radio people/tv people. You can think what you want but I would assume that by now, Kuglar and Severe have some pretty good inside information (at times) that they get. Benning, who is on occasionally, is remarkable.

I enjoy their show, and think they do a good job. They provide what information they have and discuss certain topics ad nauseum (much like message boards). Think of it this way, they have a 4 hour segment to talk about sports - which means husker football due to their location. That's a lot of time to talk about football and come up with new, groundbreaking, "inside" information every single day. I think they have a good set of guests on a regular basis to keep things interesting.

And yes, the Damon Benning Breakdown is best piece of every week. He is such an impressive guy - I wish we could find a way to bring him on board as part of the staff.

Sipple on the other hand is a guy that every time I hear him speak I respect him a little less... Just seems to have no insight whatsoever.

I think that severe knows football really really well and Benning is, like I said, very good. We were almost on the same coaching staff at Burke but he got there a year after I left.

I am not sure why certain posters on HI (we can all name them I am sure) attack them so much.

Oh, one thing I do hate, is the hour of hate. That segment is just brutal.

I think that severe knows football really really well and Benning is, like I said, very good. We were almost on the same coaching staff at Burke but he got there a year after I left.

I am not sure why certain posters on HI (we can all name them I am sure) attack them so much.

Oh, one thing I do hate, is the hour of hate. That segment is just brutal.

That is a horrible segment, I wish they would cut that too. For basically any radio show, though, the worst part is always when they're taking phone calls from the audience. I just immediately flip the dial.

USC isn't bad, though. I usually find them pretty entertaining and pretty well informed. So, like the exact opposite of the morning duo on that channel. :lol:

Yeah, the morning guys, if you are talking about shick and nick are basically all about joking around and goofing around. Thats fine too but I just dont get to listen to them all that much but when I do, I still find it pretty funny.

In all honestly, I was not a fan of Matt Perault BUT i would still rather have another local sports show on the radio then a national one. What about you guys?

I am still shocked that there is not another local 3-4 hour sports show either during the morning drive or at night, in Omaha.

Yeah, the morning guys, if you are talking about shick and nick are basically all about joking around and goofing around. Thats fine too but I just dont get to listen to them all that much but when I do, I still find it pretty funny.

In all honestly, I was not a fan of Matt Perault BUT i would still rather have another local sports show on the radio then a national one. What about you guys?

I am still shocked that there is not another local 3-4 hour sports show either during the morning drive or at night, in Omaha.

I would rather have shingles in Moscow than listen to five minutes of Matt Perault.

I agree with most posts....Kugler works nationally at all levels with many high profile guys. He is definitely in "the know"...and he began his career with UNL and still works side by side with Adrain Fiala on Big Red Wrap Up... He is in deep with a number of national recruiters. HE KNOWS what he is talking about. The people that say he doesn't need to re-evaluate how much THEY really know.

Severe is intelligent. He knows football very well, especially NFL. It is nice that he isn't a "Nebraska guy". Being from the New Orleans area, he can bring an outside perspective, which is nice.

Benning is Benning. Very straight forward.

I love this show and once my football season is over, make it a point to catch as much of the broadcast as possible. I think they are funny, and provide a lot of insight to the topic that they are discussing.

agree quite a bit. The afternoon guys know what there are talking about. The morning guys Schick and Nick would rather jsut try and be funny---case in point last year's "drop off" tournament.

I really wish Lincoln would get an afternoon show back after "The Spread" was shut down.

I get sick of listening to national guys real quick.

I don't need to say anything about USC, I agree with everything said... they're pretty darn good. Schick and Nick are hilarious. They still give some good information and my morning flies by when I'm able to listen to them.

I also agree with Matt Perault comments. I listened to him simply because 590s broadcast was stronger than 1620s (out here, after dark I can't hear 1620)... but he ended up p*ssing me off more than anything. I listened cause of his guests and it was NU talk. The fact that Lincoln doesn't have a local show is absolutely ridiculous.

Schick and Nick are funny. There bit this week "calling the Big 12 office" was classic. And I love their segment on "Bo out of context".... Don't know if it can be archived on 1620thezone.com, but if so, it is worth the time to listen. It was Tuesday I believe.

One reason they probably don't like them much is because they do take their message board post of the day from HI alot and basically make fun of them with weird voices depending on tone of post. Im sure that's alot of it. But realistically, most message board people are a little "fanatical." But you have to be able to laugh at yourself. This board is probably the best at not jumping on rumors until proven true, HI not so much with their rampant rumors jumped on with no proof.