Fire Shawn Watson

Kruzu

1. in 2008 Clemson had a very good defense and we moved the ball very well aginst them, we had a top 10 scoring offense in the nation.

2. what insiders cite your sources or GTFO. T-Mart has been nothing short of the best freshman ever to play at NU, and unless you have a link you are making a crazy statement.

We had to come back to win that game and then we still struggled to win that game. We should thank the improvement of the D under Bo that year for finishing so strong. Look at the Missouri and Oklahoma games. Those were two good defenses that year. We also had a very easy schedule that year. That offense plays weren't called by Watson that year but rather it was given to Joe Ganz. In the Clemson game when Ganz was out the offense struggled the most.

Taylor Martinez is an athlete, a really good athlete. He still makes bad decisions at qb, has problems making reads, and doesn't have a good pocket presence. He has had a year of training so it's not really far to call him a freshman since he did redshirt, oh and did you forget about Burkhead last year playing as a TRUE freshman? Or there was Tommy Frazier or Ahman Green who hold the freshman records still.

How about personally knowing players on the team or parts of the staff or those who work around them? Is that good enough of info for you or do you still like what you read in the papers or online?

1. in 2008 Clemson had a very good defense and we moved the ball very well aginst them, we had a top 10 scoring offense in the nation.

2. what insiders cite your sources or GTFO. T-Mart has been nothing short of the best freshman ever to play at NU, and unless you have a link you are making a crazy statement.

We had to come back to win that game and then we still struggled to win that game. We should thank the improvement of the D under Bo that year for finishing so strong. Look at the Missouri and Oklahoma games. Those were two good defenses that year. We also had a very easy schedule that year. That offense plays weren't called by Watson that year but rather it was given to Joe Ganz. In the Clemson game when Ganz was out the offense struggled the most.

Taylor Martinez is an athlete, a really good athlete. He still makes bad decisions at qb, has problems making reads, and doesn't have a good pocket presence. He has had a year of training so it's not really far to call him a freshman since he did redshirt, oh and did you forget about Burkhead last year playing as a TRUE freshman? Or there was Tommy Frazier or Ahman Green who hold the freshman records still.

How about personally knowing players on the team or parts of the staff or those who work around them? Is that good enough of info for you or do you still like what you read in the papers or online?

There are lots of people on this board who "know players" or "inside sources" we even had a member who personaly knew Bo Pelini's salt water aquarium guy. However I will stick to credible sources that can be found in print or online. I don't rember hearing that Ganz was calling plays in 2008 and yes we had to rally to beat Clemson but we did rally to beat Clemson thus making the arguement that Watson can score aginst good defenses.

There are lots of people on this board who "know players" or "inside sources" we even had a member who personaly knew Bo Pelini's salt water aquarium guy. However I will stick to credible sources that can be found in print or online. I don't rember hearing that Ganz was calling plays in 2008 and yes we had to rally to beat Clemson but we did rally to beat Clemson thus making the arguement that Watson can score aginst good defenses.

Well I remember Ganz calling the plays and when he came back in was when he got back in the game. If your giving credit to Watson for the offense that game does he also get the credit for the three turnovers off of which is all Clemson scored on? And if i remember and read right the defense was responsible for setting up the comeback by stopping a good Clemson offense lead by CJ Spiller, and backing them up and creating turnovers. Oh and field goals won the game, all four of them by Henery.

Game Review: http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recap?gid=200901010001&prov=ap

For the ones that want Watson gone, who would you like to see as the new OC and explain why?

Yeah, this is the thing... I have no idea. I'd hope that Osborne or Pelini would have an idea, but I don't know.

I'm not fully on the "Fire Watson" bandwagon... My patience is wearing thin though... It's ok to have mediocre performances on offense every now and then, just none of those 6 point catastrophes, like A&M.

I would LOVE to see him gone. The guy is a friggen tool to say the least. I am growing tired of all his excuses he seems to have year after year. He doesn't have the ability to form an offense around our QB's talents. There's no reason in hell why Green needs to be running the spread Offense. The kid is slow and doesn't do the zone read options very well. In games past, when ever something is working, Watts changes it up BEFORE the Defense shuts it down. The guy can't seem to change game plans (if A is not working, switch to plan B) and it's obvious Gilmore and Watts can't seem to recognize the talent we already have on the team (See WR Broekemeier).

As for who we get to replace him? For starters, a guy who can seek talent within our roster and recruit play makers and COACH them up!

Well I remember Ganz calling the plays and when he came back in was when he got back in the game. If your giving credit to Watson for the offense that game does he also get the credit for the three turnovers off of which is all Clemson scored on? And if i remember and read right the defense was responsible for setting up the comeback by stopping a good Clemson offense lead by CJ Spiller, and backing them up and creating turnovers. Oh and field goals won the game, all four of them by Henery.

Game Review: http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recap?gid=200901010001&prov=ap

That same link shows 361 yards of offnese how is that not a good game

Dude, Witt was in for 1 play, a fumble, so yeah we struggled w Joey "Gunz" out but...and now he called the plays? Clearly you have peered into the future because-save a few audibles-I don't think Joey has called a play yet.

I didnt read all of the two pages on this topics but all of the first page and some of the second. I would put this in the old rumorville but I heard Bo and Watson have come to an agreement that watson would find work elsewhere. Not a firing type thing but a mutual seperation.

Just something I heard today and thought I would Pass it along.

I didnt read all of the two pages on this topics but all of the first page and some of the second. I would put this in the old rumorville but I heard Bo and Watson have come to an agreement that watson would find work elsewhere. Not a firing type thing but a mutual seperation.

Ah, then I can assume that you can point me to the best place to buy supplies for my salt water aquarium? :)

• Fire 1

Ah, then I can assume that you can point me to the best place to buy supplies for my salt water aquarium? :)

+1 :laughpound

Knapp, I don't think it is actually a red herring. If you're gonna fire a coach, you fire them because they are not doing their job. When they are doing a good job under the circumstances, then the calls for firing aren't very sensible.

The argument is really in whether he is doing a good job under the circumstances, which of course is a subjective matter. I think it's sort of like when Bo had a 50th-ranked defense in '08, but then he was throwing guys like West and Thorell and May and Holt out there to play a large number of snaps, just as an example. The defense has really come on thanks in LARGE part to some great coaching, but absent some very special players (Prince, Hagg, Dennard, Suh, some of whom didn't grow into their elite roles til later...Dill, O'Hanlon, Asante...) it would not have done nearly the job it has over the years. Would that mean the defensive coaches are bad? No, it would just be saying that the pieces are missing.

Right now, I'd say the pieces have been missing from this Nebraska offense for a long, long time, especially at QB. The one time we got this proto NFL sized QB, he turned out to be the biggest detractor from team chemistry (I am talking about Keller) as well as a coach-killer. We have had to work with physically unthreatening QBs like ZTaylor and Ganz, both of whom we made a ton of hay with. Our OL was a work in progress starting from the Solich era but improved through 2007, after which they have really fallen off the map (last year due to injury, I guess). Not sure we've ever had good WR coaching recently.

And while the current defensive roster is literally LITTERED with future NFL prospects, several of the elite category, the same cannot nearly be said about the offense, where we got Helu...McNeil?...Paul...but his star has faded with his head. Not like we haven't gotten serious under-the-radar talent like 3-stars in Enunwa, Curenski, Khiry Cooper...but what has/is happening to them? Ted Gilmore is not really pulling his weight, is he?

Knapp, I guess I should have asked if Watson leaves or is let go, who would people like to see as the new OC. I ask this because I have no idea on who I would want and it would be interesting to know some peoples thoughts. I sit in that gray area with Watson, I don't think he is all bad but he is far from being great.

OK, here is the real difference between Bo and his coaches and Watson and his guys....Bo has made real players out of some very average kids, Watson has done very little with his kids, even the talented ones......i guarantee you, everyone will be bitching about Watson's play calling and player development again next year.....before it all goes to hell, we need to at least replace Gilmore and some others now or we will hit rock bottom in the Big 10.

Here is the problem with almost all the posters, they fall in two camps.

1. If the offense does bad then its not Watsons fault because of (insert excuse here, injury, drops, refs, Bo telling him not to be aggressive).

2. If the offense does well then its not because of Watson it is because of (amazing player, facing bad defense)

The fact is, he has called some really good games and some really bad games. I think what bothers most people is that when they face a team that is in the top 30 or maybe even top 40 in scoring defense that Watson tends to get shut down.

He just seems to get outcoached or possibly tries to out smart himself at times.

Here is the problem with almost all the posters, they fall in two camps.

1. If the offense does bad then its not Watsons fault because of (insert excuse here, injury, drops, refs, Bo telling him not to be aggressive).

2. If the offense does well then its not because of Watson it is because of (amazing player, facing bad defense)

The fact is, he has called some really good games and some really bad games. I think what bothers most people is that when they face a team that is in the top 30 or maybe even top 40 in scoring defense that Watson tends to get shut down.

He just seems to get outcoached or possibly tries to out smart himself at times.

well thats a nice way of saying he sucks. guess you fall in your own camp.