Fire Shawn Watson

Kruzu

I've come to the realization that there is nothing Watson can do to win over the fan base. I can only think of one game (texas tech 09) where a game plan was not drawn up that put the team in a position to win. However the people on this board seem to think that it is the OC's job to catch the ball, not fumble, or to magicaly heal injured players. Look at what happned to Bama's offnese today when they went down to their back up qb. We are on our third string and people act like that should not impact an offense in any way. What is hard to understand that the offense has looked pretty good for about 8 out of 12 games, and the games when it has looked poor have been due to exicution not play calling or game plan.

When it comes to the fact that like last weeks game if we simply score ONE DARN td, we win. In addition, that fact has happened in 4 of our 6 losses over the last 2 years. Think about that a sec. Now, this offense was explosive to start the year. But Watson lacks the overall consistency and smarts in playcalling. Perfect example, today, on the goal line, he call a counter with a pulling guard. you dont pull lineman on the goalline. Just go straight ahead. And i agree with the poster that notates the defense scoring points today theoretically. We had 21 points for sure that came off golden field position set up by to's. Im sorry but i have lost hope with Watson, it's just not working, but who knows, with another year of developement, maybe the staff and player combination will continue to gel. I just dont forsee it on a consistent basis.

Again we are playing our 3rd string qb who (I believe) had a concussion 3 weeks ago, The counter play with the lineman pulling I would not have called, but there is a reason I'm not coaching. The fact that no one can deny is that Watson's game plan has had us in a position to win 25 out of the last 26 games had the game plan been exicuted properly what more can us ask of an OC.

I deny that ..

I've come to the realization that there is nothing Watson can do to win over the fan base. I can only think of one game (texas tech 09) where a game plan was not drawn up that put the team in a position to win. However the people on this board seem to think that it is the OC's job to catch the ball, not fumble, or to magicaly heal injured players. Look at what happned to Bama's offnese today when they went down to their back up qb. We are on our third string and people act like that should not impact an offense in any way. What is hard to understand that the offense has looked pretty good for about 8 out of 12 games, and the games when it has looked poor have been due to exicution not play calling or game plan.

When it comes to the fact that like last weeks game if we simply score ONE DARN td, we win. In addition, that fact has happened in 4 of our 6 losses over the last 2 years. Think about that a sec. Now, this offense was explosive to start the year. But Watson lacks the overall consistency and smarts in playcalling. Perfect example, today, on the goal line, he call a counter with a pulling guard. you dont pull lineman on the goalline. Just go straight ahead. And i agree with the poster that notates the defense scoring points today theoretically. We had 21 points for sure that came off golden field position set up by to's. Im sorry but i have lost hope with Watson, it's just not working, but who knows, with another year of developement, maybe the staff and player combination will continue to gel. I just dont forsee it on a consistent basis.

Again we are playing our 3rd string qb who (I believe) had a concussion 3 weeks ago, The counter play with the lineman pulling I would not have called, but there is a reason I'm not coaching. The fact that no one can deny is that Watson's game plan has had us in a position to win 25 out of the last 26 games had the game plan been exicuted properly what more can us ask of an OC.

I deny that ..

In what way? Is there a game I'm missing that we were not in a position to win if it were not for a player error?

On a series note, who in their right mind would want to take over an oc job for a school that just fired an oc after having 3 1000 yard rushers. Not to mention all the records our offense broke this year. Do people actually think that with standrads that high that big name guys will take the job. We've tried this with the head coach job, and nobody wanted it.

I know there have been plenty of people calling for watson's head. I'm not here to defend or blast him. But I have to wonder. If we don't drop those passes against texas....would we still want him out? Don't know. But his play calling baffles me sometimes. I think what we need to do is run straight ahead and use the fullback more. This will protect martinez and not expose the other qb's. We have the line. Just line up and play. I don't know what the answer is. And then again, I think with better receivers, we might light up the big 10 with this offense. Defensively, we will be fine.

Then there's the a&M game. again smashmouth and we win. I think we tend to out think ourselves. Just an opinion.

As you can tell from my post, I am scratching my head......what if. But, I'm getting frustrated with "what if". How long do you wait until a change is made? Or do we make a change? One thing is for sure, it's been a few years since this offense was implemented, and I keep seeing the same mistakes.

Ya'll, get ready to come down here to Big D. Weather should be perfect. I just saw it should be in the 70's. Safe travels and Go Big Red!!!

ok, so we beat a half ass CU team and now Watson is suddenly vindicated? wow..... :facepalm:

NO, TO speaking highly of Wats vindicates him. The fact that the lack of offense can be attributed to injures vindicates him. The only argument to fire him is lack of production last year (we have discussed all the losses he had to deal with last year) and this year playing with a third string qb who suffered a concussion. The people who call for him to be fired seem to think that the efing third string should produce as good or better than the starter. Just like last year when Zac was hurt all year they still blame wats for poor production. I will say this again look at what happened to Alabama today when they went down to their 2nd string qb, their offense basically shut off. Yet when wats struggles with a 3rd string qb he is ran through the ringer. Name one game when everyone was healthy that our offense was out coached, and that Wats did not have a game plan that put us in a position to win.

no, no, no! even when TM was healthy, he couldn't call anything but the zone read against Texas, even though it was defensed perfectly by UT, he kept calling the same damn play. same dead run calls against A&M, never threw on first down, showed no confidence in Cody, couldn't call plays for him, just kept calling the same lame sh#t....Big 12 Championship game coming up, you think they guy might open up the playbook for Green? doubtful.......his play calling still sucks and always will...without TM, he has no clue, with TM he is barely able to scheme anything different.

I must be remembering that game wrong becuase I seem to remember some very well called pass plays to wide open recievers. as for the A&M game once agian called plays to our strength and if it weren't for two ints on poor throws we would have won. But Watson basher don't care what actually happnes on the field the basic logic is Did we score a bunch of points? No, fire the OC.

IMO, the problem with the offense is deeply rooted. Penalties, fumbles, drops, etc. Those aren't problems that are associated with play calling. They are associated with hot summer days in training camp. The offensive culture is that of mistake-prone football. We've seen it each of the past 2 years with different players. It's coaching to a large extent.

It's been mentioned before, but the offense, yes solely the offense, has cost this team virtually every game it's lost in the past 2 years. I haven't hear a whole lot of 'if the defense could have just held them...' on any message boards. Every team deals with injuries, and the occasional turnover or dropped ball. Not every team proclaiming to be a big time program deals with failing to put the ball in the end zone for an entire game on a regular basis.

Funny, the same people who think it's reactionary to take Watson to task after a poor game are the same ones starting threads after his unit beats up on a bad defense.

The offense is fool's gold. They will break your heart next week. Hope I'm wrong.

• Fire 2

I know there have been plenty of people calling for watson's head. I'm not here to defend or blast him. But I have to wonder. If we don't drop those passes against texas....would we still want him out? Don't know. But his play calling baffles me sometimes. I think what we need to do is run straight ahead and use the fullback more. This will protect martinez and not expose the other qb's. We have the line. Just line up and play. I don't know what the answer is. And then again, I think with better receivers, we might light up the big 10 with this offense. Defensively, we will be fine.

Then there's the a&M game. again smashmouth and we win. I think we tend to out think ourselves. Just an opinion.

As you can tell from my post, I am scratching my head......what if. But, I'm getting frustrated with "what if". How long do you wait until a change is made? Or do we make a change? One thing is for sure, it's been a few years since this offense was implemented, and I keep seeing the same mistakes.

Ya'll, get ready to come down here to Big D. Weather should be perfect. I just saw it should be in the 70's. Safe travels and Go Big Red!!!

Enough people, please. The fullback is not part of this offense. Neither Cory Schlesinger or the Mackovica bros are coming out of that tunnel anytime soon.

Your revision of history is somewhat entertaining though. We weren't exactly moving the ball on the ground in chunks against A&M. The passing game was employed, not to be cute, but because we had our share of long yardage situations. Unfortunately, a couple throws did not end up in our hands. This offensive line is at the very most, inconsistent. At worst, they are front runners that beat on weaker teams, but get smacked by big, athletic DLines.

All that being said, your last point I am in agreement with. After a while, it's time for some accountability.