Nebraska Kid

That's ANOTHER knock on Watson. I was telling my wife this today while watching the game. You mean to tell me Watts and his staff didn't know this kid had potential until the last friggen regular season game of the kids career??!!!! How long has Watts been here???!!! I think the guy is a hack and needs to be sent packing after the year. Oh yeah, and he needs to take Gilmore with him!!!

This is way more on Gilmore's hands than Wats. Only Gilmore could screw this thing up

But overall...who is in charge of the Offense? Watson. I do agree though, Gilmore is an average WR coach at best!

I co-relate Gilmore and Doc on the bball front. Both refuse to play guys if they don't have a perfect week in practice. I just want to see the best guys out there. I don't care if he dropped a pass on Tuesday and missed a block on Wednesday, play the damn kid on Saturday. It is idiocracy like this that has kept both NU's wide receiver corp and the bball team in disarray.

That's ANOTHER knock on Watson. I was telling my wife this today while watching the game. You mean to tell me Watts and his staff didn't know this kid had potential until the last friggen regular season game of the kids career??!!!! How long has Watts been here???!!! I think the guy is a hack and needs to be sent packing after the year. Oh yeah, and he needs to take Gilmore with him!!!

This is way more on Gilmore's hands than Wats. Only Gilmore could screw this thing up

But overall...who is in charge of the Offense? Watson. I do agree though, Gilmore is an average WR coach at best!

Random senior steps up on-get this-Senior Day and has a couple nice catches. FIRE SHAWN WATSON!

Too bad he's a Senior.

<_<

:facepalm: Wasted talent.

It has to make you wonder how a kid like this doesn't see the field when we've got wide receivers dropping passes left and right. Awesome game today.

I would say a big part of it is that he was a baseball player, never played football his entire life, walked on at quarterback last year, essentially just for kicks (after he couldn't pitch any longer) because we were down to about 2.5 quarterbacks at the time, made a position change to receiver during bowl practice last year, and was injured throughout this season.

He was at receiver for ONE YEAR, and was battling injuries. Still critical?

Yeah, I agree with Landlord. This kid literally came out of freaking nowhere. Where are SJB (not redshirting, he doesn't have one, does he?), Quincy Enunwa, Khiry Cooper? Instead, it's this kid who nobody even remembers but for a feel good story in the spring, coming out and having a good day. To that extent, I wouldn't even blame Gilmore for this.

Serious question. Who is in charge of deciding who plays at each position?

I'm pretty sure it's the position coach but wanted to be sure.

Except at QB where Bo makes the final call. Does Watson have similar pull over his position coaches, or no?

Too bad he's a Senior.

dry.gif

It has to make you wonder how a kid like this doesn't see the field when we've got wide receivers dropping passes left and right. Awesome game today.

I would say a big part of it is that he was a baseball player, never played football his entire life, walked on at quarterback last year, essentially just for kicks (after he couldn't pitch any longer) because we were down to about 2.5 quarterbacks at the time, made a position change to receiver during bowl practice last year, and was injured throughout this season.

Damn right I am critical. He practiced with the team this past spring correct? Again, Watson and Gilmore either fail to coach up talent or recogonize it!

Yeah, I agree with Landlord. This kid literally came out of freaking nowhere. Where are SJB (not redshirting, he doesn't have one, does he?), Quincy Enunwa, Khiry Cooper? Instead, it's this kid who nobody even remembers but for a feel good story in the spring, coming out and having a good day. To that extent, I wouldn't even blame Gilmore for this.

Serious question. Who is in charge of deciding who plays at each position?

I'm pretty sure it's the position coach but wanted to be sure.

Except at QB where Bo makes the final call. Does Watson have similar pull over his position coaches, or no?

That is a great question. I would just assume (yes I know what assume stands for) that the Offensive Coordinator was responsible for the coaching staff decisions on the Offensive side of the ball. You know that ole saying, "sh#t rolls down hill."

Too bad he's a Senior.

dry.gif

Damn right I am critical. He practiced with the team this past spring correct? Again, Watson and Gilmore either fail to coach up talent or recogonize it!

Sorry, I should have put the "was battling injuries" in really big, bolded text too.

Too bad he's a Senior.

dry.gif

Sorry, I should have put the "was battling injuries" in really big, bolded text too.

It's apparent that you are not seeing the big picture here. It took Watson AND Gilmore the last game of the year to discover that we had a person who is actually better than Paul? It's obvious that Gilmore AND Watson couldn't locate talent even if it smacked em in the face!

Too bad he's a Senior.

dry.gif

It's apparent that you are not seeing the big picture here. It took Watson AND Gilmore the last game of the year to discover that we had a person who is actually better than Paul? It's obvious that Gilmore AND Watson couldn't locate talent even if it smacked em in the face!

Broekemeier has absolutely no film on him. He's the #25 receiver on the depth chart. Teams don't know how he plays, so they can't gameplan to stop him. Niles Paul and Brandon Kinnie have film on them, so their weaknesses and strengths can be scouted.

Too bad he's a Senior.

dry.gif

I do believe that you are the one missing the big picture. Joe was impressing a lot in practice all season, and right when he would be about to get some reps, he would get hurt. Watson and Gilmore locating and discovering talent on the team is an entirely different argument than Joe not playing. They recognized the talent just fine, and were excited for him to get some playing time, but obviously that is not very intelligent if a player is hurt.

Watson was beaming about the kid in post-game interviews last night, did you listen to them? He talked about how Joe is a straight up baller and came to work everyday, and would be making a serious push to get on the field and boom, he'd sprain an ankle or pull a hamstring.

You are blowing this way out of proportion. Joe comes in and has three catches against a mediocre defense, and you turn that into:

1. He's better than Niles Paul. I'm assuming that means better in every facet? Or maybe just in catching? Not like he could be on a hot streak or struggle in other areas but yeah, he's better than Niles.

2. Watson and Gilmore weren't paying attention to him all season. Couldn't be that something clicked, or that he improved a lot as a player to where he was finally deserving of playing time, but earlier in the season wasn't good enough for it.

• Fire 1