Thank you Nevada (Nebraska's bowl game)

Moiraine

All I know at this point is that for once I'm not dreading the weeks ahead without a game. Now the team has time to take a breath, prepare, and most important get healthy.

Yea the time off will help them get healthy and that's important but I'm already missing not watching a game next week. Of course there's always that NFL thing.

What are you guys talking about? We've got the CCG next week. And what does this have to do with whatever bowl game we'll play in?

:hellloooo - No joke! It's only the biggest game of this season coming up.....and 7 days to prep!!!!!

I've got to quit typing without thoroughly reading. You're 100% correct. I too (like the other guy) thought the CCG was two weeks away, just wishful thinking I guess. Wanted everyone @ 100% and healthy.

Here's the deal....... I for one think NU has a chance to win the Big 12, but will also will feel very fortunate to win.... As a FAN, I always just look forward to the nesxt game, but face it, this time of year, IT IS FUN to speculate about bowls.

If you don't like to specualate, then click on a different topic. I am a coach at one level, anad a FAN at a different level, and I can tell you that a FAN has NEVER LOST A GAME because they looked past an opponent. Don't lose any sleep about what FANS think or do, ....... We won't make a difference on the field or game planning for next week. Why not just enjoy the fact that we get to discuss ALL of the possiblities. Just a few years back, we were not talking bowls and looking for a coach.

Take some Pepto, and enjoy. We are just FANS

I agree with the OP.....according to espn, if Stanford finishes in top 5, they are guaranteed a bCS bowl. They also thought that the Orange bowl would possibly pass on Stanford, and take the Big east team. It is all about $$$, not the prestige of taking the higher ranked team.

Link? I'm quite certain that only the top 4 are guaranteed spots. Stanford needs someone else to lose, and not get jumped, to get that #4 spot. I already said it could play out for Stanford to be in the Fiesta, but that would be a choice, not a lock.

And if the Orange passes on Stanford, they still could take a Big 12 team instead of Big East, forcing the Big East on the Fiesta Bowl.

VA:

You are correct. My fault on the mistake. I do think only to top 4 are guaranteed a BCS. I thought that I heard top 5 this morning, but espn just said top 4. My mistake.

The Orange can't take Big 12 champ though, right? or can they?

VA:

You are correct. My fault on the mistake. I do think only to top 4 are guaranteed a BCS. I thought that I heard top 5 this morning, but espn just said top 4. My mistake.

The Orange can't take Big 12 champ though, right? or can they?

Not champ, but a 2nd Big 12 team, like A&M, Missouri, Bedlam loser or CCG loser, more or less in the likely order in my opinion. Not even sure the last 2 would be ranked high enough to qualify.

I'm all for the most prestigious match up possible, but man....I don't like our chances against Stanford.

I tend to agree, we do not match up with them very well at all. That being said, Compton is back to being a major contributor which should help stiffen up our D against the run. Nevertheless, I'd still prefer to play a spread-type offense.

I'm all for the most prestigious match up possible, but man....I don't like our chances against Stanford.

I tend to agree, we do not match up with them very well at all. That being said, Compton is back to being a major contributor which should help stiffen up our D against the run. Nevertheless, I'd still prefer to play a spread-type offense.

Man, screw that. I want to play the best possible available team out there, not UConn or some other mid-tier chump just to get an easy W. Who ever thought Nebraska fans would be hesitant about playing STANFORD???

For all of you who said, 100%, guaranteed, absolutely positively that the Big East champ will play the Fiesta, now you know to never say never when it comes to bowl selections. Unless it's written in the rules, it's not 100%. And even I said anywhere from 95-99% chance, but the way it's all played out, it's looking like the Orange might get stuck with unranked UConn as the lesser of two evils. Apparently they have zero confidence in Stanford fans filling any significant portion of the stadium. So they may ultimately sacrifice some TV ratings for having a respectable crowd.