Thank you Nevada (Nebraska's bowl game)

Moiraine

Stanford will probably be in the rose bowl, we'd be in the fiesta bowl.

So... no.

Stanford will be left out of the rose bowl is TCU finishes undefeated due to some selection rule....our only hope is that the Big Least champ goes to the Orange Bowl and we play a at-large Stanford or Ohio ST

No way is Ohio St still available for the Fiesta. Stanford, outside shot. If things stay the way they are, you have:

championship : Oregon - Auburn

Rose: TCU vs Big 10 champed locked in

Sugar: Gets to replace Auburn first, then it has the first at-large pick. It'll be LSU vs Big 10 #2

Orange: ACC champ (locked in) vs ???. Do they hope Stanford will travel, or do they take a Big East team? Or would the Big 12 #2 team be eligible and attractive enough? I think the Orange would rather have a highly ranked Stanford over a pathetic Big East team, but maybe they'll do the Fiesta a favor and leave Stanford available.

Fiesta: Big 12 champ vs Big East champ if the Orange doesn't take them, otherwise I'd be sure they'd take Stanford. Certainly they wouldn't have 2 Big 12 teams, and the only other choice would be Boise?

If Oregon loses, nothing changes except that TCU and Oregon are swapped, unless Oregon stays #2.

If Auburn loses, and drops below #2, TCU goes to the championship. The Rose gets first pick to replace Oregon, and they'd probably take Auburn or LSU.

If both Oregon and Auburn lose, then it's TCU vs probably LSU or Auburn, with the other one going to the Sugar.

If LSU loses, Arkansas takes their place. If LSU wins, they will be a top 4 team and get an automatic at-large spot.

If TCU loses, which is unimaginable, the Rose will still have to take whichever of TCU/BSU is higher, assuming one stays in the top 12. Otherwise the Big 12 will probably get a 2nd team. It's not worth trying to figure out where since TCU won't lose to their bottom feeder.

Things might also change if 2 (or 3) of Ohio St/Mich St/Wisc lose but I think if a Big 10 team is eligible, the Sugar might still take them. Or maybe the Sugar likes a hot A&M team, in which case the Orange will take a Big 10 team.

All I know at this point is that for once I'm not dreading the weeks ahead without a game. Now the team has time to take a breath, prepare, and most important get healthy.

Yea the time off will help them get healthy and that's important but I'm already missing not watching a game next week. Of course there's always that NFL thing.

All I know at this point is that for once I'm not dreading the weeks ahead without a game. Now the team has time to take a breath, prepare, and most important get healthy.

Yea the time off will help them get healthy and that's important but I'm already missing not watching a game next week. Of course there's always that NFL thing.

What are you guys talking about? We've got the CCG next week. And what does this have to do with whatever bowl game we'll play in?

• Fire 1

I agree with the OP.....according to espn, if Stanford finishes in top 5, they are guaranteed a bCS bowl. They also thought that the Orange bowl would possibly pass on Stanford, and take the Big east team. It is all about $$$, not the prestige of taking the higher ranked team.

Stanford does NOT have a strong fan base and will not take many fans completely across the country to watch a bowl game. Heck, weather won't be attractive (already in great weather).... Orange bowl would sell more tickets taking a Big East team closer to home, who will travel. Doesn't matter what over-all record is, fans still travel to bCS game if their team is conference champ....ie West Virginia or, especially UCONN.

If Orange takes Big East, then by rule if Stanford is in top 5, Stanford is locked into Fiesta. If Stanford is out of top 5, then Fiesta can choose Ohio State, Stanford, or anyone.

I look for Stanford to go to Fiesta.....makes most sense for both Orange and Fiesta....Stanford fans don't have to travel as far to Arizona..

What are you guys talking about? We've got the CCG next week. And what does this have to do with whatever bowl game we'll play in?

:hellloooo - No joke! It's only the biggest game of this season coming up.....and 7 days to prep!!!!!

Good catch I was refering to the CCG, and for some reason thought it was two weeks away...