Ted Gilmore has to go

Its time we fire this dude. We've lost too many games these past two years where receivers dropping easy passes played a big factor. There is no way you can tell me that Ted Gilmore is the best WR coach that Nebraska can get. Cut our losses ASAP, fire his a$$ right after we win the Fiesta Bowl

Coaches don't drop passes.

We also have some of the best blocking receivers in the country.

At Nebraska it is actually just as important to be a great blocker.

Coach Pelini promoted Coach Gilmore to Assistant Head Coach in 2008.

He is also the Recruiting Coordinator and doing a fantastic job.

Coach Pelini is not going to be firing anyone.

Its time we fire this dude. We've lost too many games these past two years where receivers dropping easy passes played a big factor. There is no way you can tell me that Ted Gilmore is the best WR coach that Nebraska can get. Cut our losses ASAP, fire his a$$ right after we win the Fiesta Bowl

Isn't Barney an Assistant HC too? Heh...

Eh...we are doing well in crecruiting, but I'm not sure it is thanks to Gilmore at all...

Yes, I knew someone was going to say that. No, coaches do not drop passes. However, in 4 of our 6 losses these past two years (Texas Tech 09, Iowa State 09, Texas 2010, Texas A&M 2010) EASY dropped passes played a factor in those losses. No, coaches do not drop passes but at some point the finger has to get pointed at the man with the 6 figure salary.

Sorry but Ted Gilmore absolutely has to go. Our WRs arent going to suddenly forget how to block just cuz Gilmore gets fired so thats also a bad argument as to why he should be retained.

jaw_drop_596675.jpg

I am not in the fire Gilmore camp. Yes, receivers have dropped many passes and perhaps he should incorporate more drills and emphasis on holding onto the ball. However, many you underestimate the importance of having solid blocking receivers with the type of offense we are trying to run. I for one don't want a bunch of prima donna wide receivers on the team. If I wanted that, I can tune into the NFL to watch the me first attitude.

As many other have all ready stated, he is a great recruiting coordinator. Look are the larger picture people.