What are some of your fondest memories of NU/OU

Feeling a little bit nostaglic, let's see what some of your greatest memories of the NU/OU rivalry are.

One of mine is back in the mid 80's, Jamel Hallaway said in the papers that Danny Noonan would never touch him during the game. As the game unfolds, Noonan sacks Jamel and as He looks up at Noonan, Noonan touches him on his helmet, CLASSIC. Unfortunelty we lost that game. I believe that is also the game were we wore all red unies.

I am really going to miss playing OU, yes the Big 12 took some luster off of the rivalry, but at least we got to play each other every few years.

There have been many great moments in the rivalry, but me personally I will never forget 2001. The first year I lived in OK the Sooners won the national championship and I had to hear all about it for a year leading up to that game. The worst part about that was the fact that I worked at Sears at the time, who where the sponsors of the NC. So not only did I get to feel the humiliation of following through on a "loser wear the other teams shirt for a day" bet, but I also got to hoist the crystal ball later that year when they where touring it around their stores in OK. As you can imagine that's a pretty bitter sweet experience when it's your rivals trophy. <_<

This one is hard to call since there has been so many great plays on both sides of the ball for both teams. But as a Nebraska fan, it's hard to choose between the Johnny Rodgers punt return and Crouch's reception in 01'. I'm partial to Crouch's reception because that game had major implications to the national picture (well I guess many of their meetimgs did). Plus how many times can any team call that play in any game and actually be successful.?! Probably because most teams didn't or don't have a quarterback with the athleticism of Crouch, at least at that time (insert T. Mart comment here) . Hopefully a Nebraska player and play call will result in another great memory, and more important a Nebraska victory! :bigredn:

• Fire 1

Amukamara's pick last year at the OU 20, O'Hanlon's 3 picks last year and our defense in geneeral. Only other thing I can slightly remember is in '01 Stuntz to Crouch, but I was only 8 at the time and not as avid a fan as I am now.

All awesome moments and performances, but extra points for even being able to remember and watching Nebraska and recall a single play at age 8! :koolaid2:

• Fire 1

My favorite bit about the '01 game is that when Boomer ran their QB throwback it was SO much more open. And then the Blackshirts turned Jason White's knee ligaments into rubberbands.

For me personally the best memory is TO's 250th victory and the final trouncing of Boomer for TO. 69-7 it was a great party to have personally attend.

Other memorable moment is the Sandman continuing to run his mouth and then not being able to back it up. The Sooners rolling in with bolt cutters was classic.