Taylor rumor

I hope Taylor plays this Saturday, just so all of these rumors get shot down in one glorious instant. And if/when they do, all of the people on this board who bought in should be tagged with a "Gullibility Level" underneath their username. We can just use the homeland security model with all the colors. The person that posted that email will be "Gullibility level: RED."

I hope he plays as well, becuase if he is too hurt to play this board will go absolutely crazy with more stupid rumors with even less merit than the current ones.

I am highly confident that Martinez will be starting on Saturday.

It's his dad that was causing the problems, taylor stood up for Bo and Nebraska and against his dad for once, and all is good in the hood.

However... i did read all of these people saying that taylor has attitude issues and he isn't a good fit here and he should leave if it's that bad, etc. and i thought to myself 'self, this is a lot of people saying the same thing'.

...I then farted, lol'd, and said 'too bad taylor played through the pain vs. A&M for us, too bad he led us to a record pace before the Missouri game, too bad he stood up to his own father to stay here, too bad he is just a socially-awkward freshman who has plenty of time to mature, and too bad the reason he doesn't have many friends on the team is just because he feels they arent that important after moving to three different high schools his last three years in Cali. Otherwise, they'd totally be right.'

guys, he's a freshman, only confident in his football skills, that was told to act like the top dog on teh team and be a leader. How would you expect someone like that to react? In my opinion, just like he has.

I wish I had the same confidence but if he really has turf toe (coupled with his bad ankle), then I would suspect he may not even play. I'm also the type of guy who hopes for the best but expects the worse. When Bo says day-to-day, I hear, 'I don't know and if I did, I'm not saying sqwat'. If he can go and not be a liability (forcing plays, turnovers, etc)then it obviously increases our chances.

My head is spinning with the rumors, but my gut tells me Bo will not/has not given up on TM. If he wants to be here and be a part of this program, Bo will give him every chance within reason. The primadonna stuff needs to go and it's ultimately TM's decision. As I tell my 4 year old son, "It's time to be a big boy". Hopfully Bo is sending the same sort of message.

From Bummerbry at Bighuskerfan

1. Not suspended for CU game

2. Phone call to dad took place BEFORE the xray.

3. Magic's dad was pissed because Bo put him back in the game! Magic was cleared by our med staff but his dad wanted his doctors to OK him. WOW!

4. Magic's dad is always in Lincoln. Moved there when Taylor came here so no surprise for him to be on campus at any point and time.

5. Unity Council was given the authority by Bo after A&M game to make whatever decisions necessary with Magic. Obviously at this point and time they have not decided they don't want him on the team.

6. Expect him to start against OU. Currently being labeled as 75% healthy by med staff. Not trying to knock Green but a 75-80% magic is probably better/more of a threat than a 100% Green.

& Solly.

Martinez is NOT considering a transfer. There's already been a meeting of the minds between Bo, Taylor, and Taylor's dad.

From Bummerbry at Bighuskerfan

1. Not suspended for CU game

2. Phone call to dad took place BEFORE the xray.

3. Magic's dad was pissed because Bo put him back in the game! Magic was cleared by our med staff but his dad wanted his doctors to OK him. WOW!

4. Magic's dad is always in Lincoln. Moved there when Taylor came here so no surprise for him to be on campus at any point and time.

5. Unity Council was given the authority by Bo after A&M game to make whatever decisions necessary with Magic. Obviously at this point and time they have not decided they don't want him on the team.

6. Expect him to start against OU. Currently being labeled as 75% healthy by med staff. Not trying to knock Green but a 75-80% magic is probably better/more of a threat than a 100% Green.

& Solly.

Martinez is NOT considering a transfer. There's already been a meeting of the minds between Bo, Taylor, and Taylor's dad.

Taylor Martinez? Is that you? haha

It's his dad that was causing the problems, taylor stood up for Bo and Nebraska and against his dad for once, and all is good in the hood.

However... i did read all of these people saying that taylor has attitude issues and he isn't a good fit here and he should leave if it's that bad, etc. and i thought to myself 'self, this is a lot of people saying the same thing'.

...I then farted, lol'd, and said 'too bad taylor played through the pain vs. A&M for us, too bad he led us to a record pace before the Missouri game, too bad he stood up to his own father to stay here, too bad he is just a socially-awkward freshman who has plenty of time to mature, and too bad the reason he doesn't have many friends on the team is just because he feels they arent that important after moving to three different high schools his last three years in Cali. Otherwise, they'd totally be right.'

guys, he's a freshman, only confident in his football skills, that was told to act like the top dog on teh team and be a leader. How would you expect someone like that to react? In my opinion, just like he has.

One of the few posters who has legitimate inside info (as it seems anyway) saying something that I honestly observe as an outsider.

The kid is not a prima donna. He's just really frickin weird. Socially and otherwise. You have to cut that kid some slack. I mean for real.

I think we all remember when Ricky Williams retired from the NFL and played in the CFL because he had social anxiety. Some people are just wired different.

Trust me when I say it's hard cuz I have to deal with it too

A respected poster on rivals is claiming that the email originated on Orangebloods.com, so you can imagine the kind of embellishment that must have been added there.

In this video you can clearly see Taylor Martinez practicing with the ones.

http://www.huskers.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=738414&afid=10912

He looks ok. Don't see him run or cut though.

Honestly he doesn't look that OK, he did not look like he was taking those snaps at game tempo at all. Very relaxed, very little movement and footwork. I'm no expert though so maybe it is just me.

And if he was practicing with the ones, I didn't see evidence for it in this video. They showed two clips at the end there of Taylor throwing passes. The first clip, the ball was thrown to #1 Khiry Cooper, with #85 KC Hyland also appearing in the route. The second clip soon after showed D-Tray #27 in the backfield with Taylor; the pass was thrown to Kinnie, with SJB #83 also in the picture. I think there's some rotating around during the practices among all available QBs though, between the various units and maybe some rotation with the other players (as Kinnie/SJB would imply, but who knows - I don't know who the other starting WR will be this week unless it's #9 again). So I don't know if Taylor not working with the ones would mean anything right now.

Cool vid, though.

A respected poster on rivals is claiming that the email originated on Orangebloods.com, so you can imagine the kind of embellishment that must have been added there.

In this video you can clearly see Taylor Martinez practicing with the ones.

http://www.huskers.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=738414&afid=10912

He looks ok. Don't see him run or cut though.

Honestly he doesn't look that OK, he did not look like he was taking those snaps at game tempo at all. Very relaxed, very little movement and footwork. I'm no expert though so maybe it is just me.

And if he was practicing with the ones, I didn't see evidence for it in this video. They showed two clips at the end there of Taylor throwing passes. The first clip, the ball was thrown to #1 Khiry Cooper, with #85 KC Hyland also appearing in the route. The second clip soon after showed D-Tray #27 in the backfield with Taylor; the pass was thrown to Kinnie, with SJB #83 also in the picture. I think there's some rotating around during the practices among all available QBs though, between the various units and maybe some rotation with the other players (as Kinnie/SJB would imply, but who knows - I don't know who the other starting WR will be this week unless it's #9 again). So I don't know if Taylor not working with the ones would mean anything right now.

Cool vid, though.

The fact that he is able to practice reveals that he is "ok". Without seeing him run there is no way to tell 100% how effective he is. Maybe Nebraska did this on purpose to throw off Oklahoma. :)

The second pass was completed to Brandon Kinnie, so I assumed he was with the ones. I watched it again and saw Tray in the backfield with him, but I also believe there is alot of rotation in practice.

Yeah, I agree on the rotation, and in general that it's hard to glean anything from a video like this. Just refuting this as evidence of Taylor running with the 1's. It does raise significantly the possibility that Taylor will start or play this week but I suspect he will be about as effective as he was when we last saw him.

It was caught by Kinnie but another receiver out there on the same play was SJB, who I'm not sure has played a single snap this year for what it's worth. Seems like a lot of rotation there.

I'm going to support Taylor until evidence says I shouldn't. As a fan base, don't we ever learn? We bashed Lee for his poor decision making and questionable play last year and now he's one of the favorite players on the team. After learning about his injury it suddenly made sense. We shouldn't let these rumors cloud our opinions on him because we don't know the facts, period.

• Fire 1

I'm going to support Taylor until evidence says I shouldn't. As a fan base, don't we ever learn? We bashed Lee for his poor decision making and questionable play last year and now he's one of the favorite players on the team. After learning about his injury it suddenly made sense. We shouldn't let these rumors cloud our opinions on him because we don't know the facts, period.

but if the boards dont have something to speculate on, wtf will we do?!