Taylor rumor

Why do people get so pissed about the rumors. Makes the board way more interesting.

Because they're often full of $hit. Some people know people inside the team, or are themselves inside, and know or have a great idea what's going on. But others simply make crap up to stir the pot, as in the "Zac Lee will never take another snap for Nebraska" rumor that was presented as 100% factually accurate, but which turned out to be crap.

About half the rumors we have on this site are people crying wolf, and while you may find chasing them down entertaining, most folks prefer to talk about the real football team, not some bored kid's made-up version of it.

Why do people get so pissed about the rumors. Makes the board way more interesting.

It really doesn't. Rumors just make people sound like dumb middle school kids.

So do 1,000,000 different threads complaining about Shawn Watson but that hasn’t stopped the masses. dedhoarse

There is a tremendous difference between posting a rumor someone made up (or got in an email, or read on some other board, or heard from the saltwater aquarium guy) and discussing results produced by the players/coaches. One is an exercise in futility, the other is the reason the board exists.

Those questioning Watson and his offense have legitimate issues to discuss. They often have statistics to back up their point. Their discussion, agree or disagree with their conclusions, is why HuskerBoard exists.

I've found the pro- and anti-Watson discussions very interesting. There are stats to back up the issues Watson has had, and there are reasonable explanations to explain the fallacy of those stats. It's most definitely something worth discussing.

It really doesn't. Rumors just make people sound like dumb middle school kids.

So do 1,000,000 different threads complaining about Shawn Watson but that hasn’t stopped the masses. dedhoarse

There is a tremendous difference between posting a rumor someone made up (or got in an email, or read on some other board, or heard from the saltwater aquarium guy) and discussing results produced by the players/coaches. One is an exercise in futility, the other is the reason the board exists.

Those questioning Watson and his offense have legitimate issues to discuss. They often have statistics to back up their point. Their discussion, agree or disagree with their conclusions, is why HuskerBoard exists.

I've found the pro- and anti-Watson discussions very interesting. There are stats to back up the issues Watson has had, and there are reasonable explanations to explain the fallacy of those stats. It's most definitely something worth discussing.

On the first page:

Where will he be next year?

Fire Shawn Watson

Is This Watson’s Last Chance?

On the 2nd page:

New Offensive Coordinator? Who would it be?

This is what I mean, not the fact that they exist.

On the first page:

Fire Shawn Watson

On the 2nd page:

That's more of an argument against the chronic redundancy of threads we see than an argument against the merits of the discussion, isn't it?

If he wants to play, he needs to nut-up, drop the tude and start playing

If he wants to transfer, pack your crap, turn in your jersey and start your search now. Save the rest of us the drama.

Either way, this crap needs to end and it needs to end soon

I think it's very possible that he isn't the problem.......posts like this are!

I'm most likely wrong...but just sayin'!

On the first page:

Fire Shawn Watson

Is This Watsons Last Chance?

On the 2nd page:

That's more of an argument against the chronic redundancy of threads we see than an argument against the merits of the discussion, isn't it?

Yes it is and that is what I was trying to point out. I just used the Fire Shawn Watson because that seemed to be the Hot topic the last couple weeks. Personally I don’t care one way or another if people like/dislike Shawn Watson.

FWIW: I find some of the “rumor” threads entertaining, that being said some of them are pretty lame.

Anyone remember Cody Glenn?

If Taylor was gonna be off the team, he'd BE off the team.

I remember Hunter Teafatiller. :cheers

I remember Andy Christensen too.

But those guys weren't kicked off the team, were they? Castille and Glenn were gone and there was no doubt about it. Those guys broke rules but for some reason Pelini let them stay around. He didn't jerk everyone around covering up for them.

On the first page:

Fire Shawn Watson

On the 2nd page:

Yes it is and that is what I was trying to point out. I just used the “Fire Shawn Watson” because that seemed to be the “Hot” topic the last couple weeks.

Actually I think the Watson threads have been pretty diverse. I started the, "Is this Watson's last chance?" thread exactly because it was focussed on something specific. Yeah, there are a lot of Watson threads, but there's also a lot of football threads. What matters is the actual points being made in each of them.

i've watched this tread since yesterday but haven't commented cause i dont have the pysche for it but i will say its been gnarly to see how the changing (thesis paper anyone?) collective emotions on the board.....

from the shock, to denial, to now it seems a lot of people are coming back to their sense.... fasinating!!!

but then again i'm no better than anyone else too!!

The problems of this rumor have to do with the logistics. How does Taylor's dad fly from California to Texas to Lincoln back to California and back to Lincoln.

Does he have his own plane. That bustling metropolitan Airport in Lincoln does have a lot of flights but how is this guy everywhere.

Can we confirm any of this?

I heard he flew to China as well ;)

Lots of talk on both sides.

Taylor leaving does not sound right, but who knows what a kid and his parents think.

All this tough talk about him leaving and it not mattering, well if you want to be a 2 loss team or more every year, then concern over him leaving is not necessary. He has been our team this year, when he is not in there, we have little chance of being the dominant team we want to be. No one else is proven, so he is a needed piece heading into big ten play.

Not saying we should beg him to stay or play favorites to keep him. But it will affect this team if he leaves. I do not see it being for the better.

So I will not worry about it until something actually happens. Nothing I can do about it. Moving on.

Because cowtowing to a wanting to quit Eric Crouch sure helped in the long run. It only cost Solich the respect of the team and ultimately, his job.

It only yielded us one sub-two loss season, that one, and I'm of the opinion Newcombe would have had that identical record behind center.

Do you actually believe that Solich playing Crouch over Newcombe (who had durability issues at QB)cost him his coaching job at Nebraksa? Are you serious? How many snaps did Crouch take in 2002 for their 7-7 season? You know we were a fumble away from the NC in 1999??? This was with who at the helm? The team seemed to play pretty well when Crouch was in there. The reason why Solich lost his job was recruiting had fallen off and we had an impatient AD who wanted to make drastic changes. It had absolutely nothing to do with Eric Crouch. Just amazing...

The problems of this rumor have to do with the logistics. How does Taylor's dad fly from California to Texas to Lincoln back to California and back to Lincoln.

Does he have his own plane. That bustling metropolitan Airport in Lincoln does have a lot of flights but how is this guy everywhere.

Can we confirm any of this?

I heard he flew to China as well ;)

He probably went to China because he was pissed about the missiles they launched over LA. This thread is for rumors, right? LINK