Taylor rumor

Good night people. Until ESPN, OWH, or LJS prints this as fact it's all garbage.

Bo runs a tight ship. To say an 18 year old can call the shots is like wiping before you poop (to quote a famous NE native) It makes no sense!

18, 20, 30 whatever. Still applies

I think he's 20.

From a very reliable source that I have used in the past, number one is completely accurate and he actually was suspended Friday. The other things are educated guesses at this point. We will never know if TMart actually did do those things. To me, if he does not play at all against OU it would be a good indication of things to come. If he was healthy enough to play the very night he was hurt he would have been healthy enough to play last week.

Huh??? No, there is a huge difference from gutting it out in a game you already started playing, getting dinged up again, having it swell up again and basically starting all over with rehab. Now, that is just from my experience of playing and then coaching for a long time.

:bonesflag:

Lots of talk on both sides.

Taylor leaving does not sound right, but who knows what a kid and his parents think.

All this tough talk about him leaving and it not mattering, well if you want to be a 2 loss team or more every year, then concern over him leaving is not necessary. He has been our team this year, when he is not in there, we have little chance of being the dominant team we want to be. No one else is proven, so he is a needed piece heading into big ten play.

Not saying we should beg him to stay or play favorites to keep him. But it will affect this team if he leaves. I do not see it being for the better.

So I will not worry about it until something actually happens. Nothing I can do about it. Moving on.

Whether or not this report specifically is true, with what some people have gotten of his attitude (could be a wrong impression - I couldn't say), I would say it will be for the better.

You can keep him on and it is a situation that will just blow up in our face one day. Coaches want to be really careful about a decision like this, as Dirk Chatelain alluded in his article recently. It could cost a lot, intangibly, as well as risk a lot in the future. If it's a problem that isn't going to go away, sometimes it is just best for everyone to part ways. Now that's a real judgment call and I don't envy anyone in the position of making that decision. Quarterbacks and coaches have a way of being inextricably tied, IMO. Look at the absurd situation in Tennessee right now, or what happened to Kiffin with Russell. Of course, I don't think there's any reason to suspect Tom will whack Bo for losing patience with Taylor, so they are different, but they are situations nonetheless. Childress tied his ship to Favre and sunk. But he looked like a genius for it last year. Callahan made Keller the man and I think the whole team paid for that, even if Keller won that job.

Even not talking about how it will intangibly leave us better off without a blow-up, I would not be extremely worried on the football side of it either. Taylor is electric and growing on the job. But Carnes is much more polished and is no slouch. Turner can be more electric than Taylor. So while there is the setback of a year's worth of patience and development lost, it will hardly be the end of the world. If we go with Carnes, it will be no different than if Zac had started this year and left, and we had to break in a young new starter again. It will look different, but at the same time it could show more promise, albeit in a different way.

Granted I am speaking in hypotheticals that are not that related to the specific situation. It's hard to doubt that Taylor wasn't suspended on friday, but similarly hard to just take the email at its word on some of the other stuff.

and to continue the hyperbole i dislike...taylor is bo's horse, correct? I was under the impression that watson would have preferred to go with another thru the spring and beginning of the year. That may play into a lot of this as well....if it has merit.

I'm not sure about this. It seems that it was a mutual decision, but it's hard to say. It also seems uncharacteristic of Bo to treat a player who wants to quit the team in this way. Not sure I would call Taylor Bo's horse, especially the way he blew up at him. Some deep seated, long term issues are brewing there it seems.

Anyone who thinks that losing TM wouldn't be a huge, monumental loss is sadly mistaken.

Why? We were one second from winning the Big 12 title (against an undefeated #2 team) with an injured Zac Lee. We could very well win the thing this year with Cody Green. If Carnes and Turner are half as good as advertised, then they will quickly be a step ahead of Lee and Green. Martinez was very good against Washington, KSU and Okie Lite (defenses ranked 85th, 107th and 90th respectively), extremely ineffective against the most hyped game in years (Texas) and hobbled the rest of the way. He's certainly an explosive runner, but whether he can be a successful, national title type quarterback in the long-run remains to be seen. Ultimately the program's success is anchored in the defense, and with even an above-average QB and a good O-line, we can be a top 10 team.

From a very reliable source that I have used in the past, number one is completely accurate and he actually was suspended Friday. The other things are educated guesses at this point. We will never know if TMart actually did do those things. To me, if he does not play at all against OU it would be a good indication of things to come. If he was healthy enough to play the very night he was hurt he would have been healthy enough to play last week.

Huh??? No, there is a huge difference from gutting it out in a game you already started playing, getting dinged up again, having it swell up again and basically starting all over with rehab. Now, that is just from my experience of playing and then coaching for a long time.

Ehh. You are probably right no sarcasm.

I hurt my ankle my freshmen year. It was the first time that I had done it so it hurt like hell. Totally different though, mine rolled to the inside instead of the exterior like Taylor's.

Wow....people just go wild given a chance to crucify the kid. Holy Moly, there must be a lot of sad and desperate lives out there.

:yeah It was in the same way in the other thread about Taylor rumors, I think it is a case of what have you done for me lately. If these rumors came out after the Washington or Kansas state game this board would have litterly killed the internet. The fact is he is a kid, he has probably made some mistakes, but has Socalmentioned he is a husker and we should support him.

I'm yet to hear a story from someone who actually talked to him say he has a bad attitued (its all third party stuff which is usually exagerated)

Cust the kid some slack these all seem like they are pretty reachy stories for all the reasons mentiond above. Lets just sit back and wait to see what happnes. Untill the Taylor is still a husker and I will support him until the end.

Anyone who thinks that losing TM wouldn't be a huge, monumental loss is sadly mistaken.

Why? We were one second from winning the Big 12 title (against an undefeated #2 team) with an injured Zac Lee. We could very well win the thing this year with Cody Green. If Carnes and Turner are half as good as advertised, then they will quickly be a step ahead of Lee and Green. Martinez was very good against Washington, KSU and Okie Lite (defenses ranked 85th, 107th and 90th respectively), extremely ineffective against the most hyped game in years (Texas) and hobbled the rest of the way. He's certainly an explosive runner, but whether he can be a successful, national title type quarterback in the long-run remains to be seen. Ultimately the program's success is anchored in the defense, and with even an above-average QB and a good O-line, we can be a top 10 team.

1. Suh is gone.

2. Alex is gone next year. No more automatic FGs if within five miles of their end zone.

3. A brutal schedule the next two years in a new conference.

Without Tmart we're a "slight" offensive upgrade from 2009.

1. Suh is gone.

2. Alex is gone next year. No more automatic FGs if within five miles of their end zone.

Yes if he leaves it will be a huge blow, but we have a great coaching staff and they will find a way to win.

Ehh. You are probably right no sarcasm.

I hurt my ankle my freshmen year. It was the first time that I had done it so it hurt like hell. Totally different though, mine rolled to the inside instead of the exterior like Taylor's.

God, I HATE that feeling of the rolled ankle!!!!!!! Just thinking about it now almost gives me that sick feeling. You ever notice how it always happens like before some cool event? Friends 21st bday, boating trip, party. Last time I rolled mine, was 24 hours before a bachelor party to Party Cove!! Lets just say it took lots of booze to fix me up.

Anywho, I didnt mean for my post to read like I was being an a-hole to you. Most of my posts are just a poor attempt at humor.

1. Suh is gone.

That's what I'm saying. We can be a great, top five defense without Suh. So all we need is moderate improvement on offense to be a legitimate top ten team nationally on a consistent basis. We don't need the next Eric Crouch.

Why do people get so pissed about the rumors. Makes the board way more interesting.

Hard to believe all of this but I think Taylor leaving has legs and so what? Anytime any player threatens to quit say "pack your bags"

I saw a young kid that was, at times electric, like when a slow defense with subpar athletes gave him truck sized holes to run straight through. Against defenses with good athletes (UT, aTm) he wasn't that effective. I will say his passing against Okie Lite did surprise and impress me. I think his ceiling is high but so are the recruits coming in.

1. The cell phone thing is popping up enough that I believe it.

2. The daddy thing is also a constant. I don't care if he was in Lincoln the day after the game or whatever, or the exact quotes from the conversation. If over-bearing football daddy is pulling this crap the kid needs to back dad off or pack his bags.

3. As for the boot- if Taylor showed up to practice w/ a boot on the wrong foot is Bo really gonna come out in the press and dump this whole story? "I kicked Taylor off the team bc/ he came to practice w/ a boot on his uninjured foot as a slap in the face to this staff. He and his dad have been a huge pain in the ass and I'm over it. they're gone. Next question." The circus would be unbelievable.

I'm looking forward to the next in a long line of QB messiah's. Green is the answer. Martinez is the answer. Carnes is the answer. Turner is the answer (but only if Starling plays baseball).

• Fire 1

1. Suh is gone.

Have you heard anything on Carnes?