Taylor rumor

Lots of talk on both sides.

Taylor leaving does not sound right, but who knows what a kid and his parents think.

All this tough talk about him leaving and it not mattering, well if you want to be a 2 loss team or more every year, then concern over him leaving is not necessary. He has been our team this year, when he is not in there, we have little chance of being the dominant team we want to be. No one else is proven, so he is a needed piece heading into big ten play.

Not saying we should beg him to stay or play favorites to keep him. But it will affect this team if he leaves. I do not see it being for the better.

So I will not worry about it until something actually happens. Nothing I can do about it. Moving on.

And yes, I also remember the 99 season and the Texas loss,

Because cowtowing to a wanting to quit Eric Crouch sure helped in the long run. It only cost Solich the respect of the team and ultimately, his job.

It only yielded us one sub-two loss season, that one, and I'm of the opinion Newcombe would have had that identical record behind center.

Do you actually believe that Solich playing Crouch over Newcombe (who had durability issues at QB)cost him his coaching job at Nebraksa? Are you serious? How many snaps did Crouch take in 2002 for their 7-7 season? You know we were a fumble away from the NC in 1999??? This was with who at the helm? The team seemed to play pretty well when Crouch was in there. The reason why Solich lost his job was recruiting had fallen off and we had an impatient AD who wanted to make drastic changes. It had absolutely nothing to do with Eric Crouch. Just amazing...

No, I'm saying his desicion to start Newcombe, Crouch quitting, and Solich driving to Omaha to beg him back on the team cost him a lot of respect with that team and the staff, and started the team down the road to the abortion that was the end of the 01 season into 2002. Not exactly a radical theory as many people around that team then have admitted as much.

I was making the point you never let pouty QB's call the shots, and Bo knows that. I know claim link evidence isn't needed for threads like these but I thought I'd get wild.

Lots of talk on both sides.

Taylor leaving does not sound right, but who knows what a kid and his parents think.

All this tough talk about him leaving and it not mattering, well if you want to be a 2 loss team or more every year, then concern over him leaving is not necessary. He has been our team this year, when he is not in there, we have little chance of being the dominant team we want to be. No one else is proven, so he is a needed piece heading into big ten play.

Not saying we should beg him to stay or play favorites to keep him. But it will affect this team if he leaves. I do not see it being for the better.

So I will not worry about it until something actually happens. Nothing I can do about it. Moving on.

And yes, I also remember the 99 season and the Texas loss,

Because cowtowing to a wanting to quit Eric Crouch sure helped in the long run. It only cost Solich the respect of the team and ultimately, his job.

It only yielded us one sub-two loss season, that one, and I'm of the opinion Newcombe would have had that identical record behind center.

Do you actually believe that Solich playing Crouch over Newcombe (who had durability issues at QB)cost him his coaching job at Nebraksa? Are you serious? How many snaps did Crouch take in 2002 for their 7-7 season? You know we were a fumble away from the NC in 1999??? This was with who at the helm? The team seemed to play pretty well when Crouch was in there. The reason why Solich lost his job was recruiting had fallen off and we had an impatient AD who wanted to make drastic changes. It had absolutely nothing to do with Eric Crouch. Just amazing...

No, I'm saying his desicion to start Newcombe, Crouch quitting, and Solich driving to Omaha to beg him back on the team cost him a lot of respect with that team and the staff, and started the team down the road to the abortion that was the end of the 01 season into 2002. Not exactly a radical theory as many people around that team then have admitted as much.

I was making the point you never let pouty QB's call the shots, and Bo knows that. I know claim link evidence isn't needed for threads like these but I thought I'd get wild.

I respectfully disagree. How can you regret starting a player who won the Heisman trophy? I think replacing a player of Crouch's caliber as well as Lord not having quite the supporting cast/talent/experience that Crouch had was a much larger part in the 7-7 season. Not Crouch going to discuss his future with his HS football coach Petito. Our defense was also having some major issues prior to Pelini arriving on campus. I don't think Crouch played a role in the 62 points that Colordo put on us...

Damnit, I hate rumors like this and the speculation that comes with them but...

I have been thinking about Taylor's sideline behavior and the critique that he should be wearing a headset. Maybe the coaches don't want the kid in the loop because he is not going to be a part of the program anymore? Why let him in on the play calling if he is just going to leave?

Again, I take all these rumors with a grain of salt but damn there are just more and more all the time.

I hope the guy stays and that this is all just rampant speculation. If he does not want to be a part of the team then I say let him go. Tough to loose a talent like him but I think the kid needs to do what he wants in order to make himself happy. If he is miserable with the Huskers than I guess he needs to do what is best for him.

Also why would Pelini give in to a request to not suspend Martinez? If the kid is gone regardless, why does it matter to Pelini if it'll be any easier or harder to transfer out after a suspension? Kid breaks rules, he gets suspended. Simple as that. No gray area in Pelini's world.

You Ilumminatists need to lay off the Kool-aid.

With the exception of Phil Dillard last season. I think it was pretty clear that Phillip was suspended for the first 2 games last year, but the team never mentioned it. They keep that stuff internal.

What exactly do the back ups do while they wear the headset? I know 1 signals the play while the other signals a dummy sign right? I think it would more beneficial for back ups to do this so they get the flow of the play calling during the game. If Martinez was truly inactive for the CU game, then he would have been in the way of the guys that were actually going to play. I don't see the big deal with him in the back of the sideline. I suppose you can question the leadership, but if he was really suspended, wouldn't he have been in street clothes like Niles so they could have suited someone else? Don't really care if he stays or go, but not going to dwell on the rumors until he does not attend class after winter break.

Headsets just mean you hear the coaches chatter. Depending on where I have coached and what my coaching position was there have been times when I wore them. Here it what you hear

1. Down and Distance

2. Spot of the ball (which hash mark or in the middle)

3. Personel grouping that is either entering or needs to enter

4. Play call

Then, each of those steps is charted so that when you watch film, you know what was called.

Thats it, coaches are very very strict and uptight about what gets said because if to many people start talking nothing gets done.

To many people seem to think that something magical happens with the headsets, its just not the case. When you see a coach yelling on a headset, it is usually telling the asst. coaches to shut the hell up.

Headsets just mean you hear the coaches chatter. Depending on where I have coached and what my coaching position was there have been times when I wore them. Here it what you hear

1. Down and Distance

2. Spot of the ball (which hash mark or in the middle)

3. Personel grouping that is either entering or needs to enter

4. Play call

Then, each of those steps is charted so that when you watch film, you know what was called.

Thats it, coaches are very very strict and uptight about what gets said because if to many people start talking nothing gets done.

To many people seem to think that something magical happens with the headsets, its just not the case. When you see a coach yelling on a headset, it is usually telling the asst. coaches to shut the hell up.

So what you are saying is that there really is no advantage to him wearing the headset. Great info I alwasy wondered what the hell was being said on those.

I heard that the NCAA declared him ineligible but later in the day decided to clear him because he was unaware he broke rules.............Is this the correct rumor, or am I talking about the right team?

I also heard that Bo runs a tight ship and that he wants people to smile all the time, and that is the reason cody glenn was kicked off last year. I got the story below from a friend of a friend who works for a news org, that does stuff about stuff.

Nebraska Player, Kicked Off Football Team for Not Shaking 'Booty'

Published Dec 2, 2010

An 19-year-old Nebraska player was kicked off his football squad after complaining to his coach that he didn't want to "shake his booty," the boy's dad told FunNews.com Wednesday.

Mr Martinez said his son, Taylor, was told last week that he was no longer part of the squad in Lincoln, Neb., after objecting to one of the group's 40-plus cheers/plays.

"He had mentioned to the coach earlier in the year that he didn't like it," Mr Martinez said.

"Being the younger guy on the squad this year, he felt a little more uncomfortable shaking his booty than the other guys."

Martinez said his son's first year on the Huskers team of guys ages 17 to 25 was cut unnecessarily short due to his concerns about one of the cheers/plays that included the phrase: "Jump, shake your booty, jump, jump, shake your booty."

Martinez continued during the Texas A&M game, "When he spoke up, the coach said that was not his decision to make."

Bo Pelini, later told Taylor on Nov. 20 that he was no longer welcome on the team for its remaining two games, Martinez said.

Pelini, who could not be reached for comment, told WOWT.com the cheer/play is a crowd-pleaser and that he had never received any prior complaints.

"I just thought it was best to ask him not to participate for the last few games, and to wear a boot on his foot" Pelini told the website.

I put it in a quote box so it must be true......oh by the way did you guys know we have a game on Sat?

Why do people get so pissed about the rumors. Makes the board way more interesting.

It really doesn't. Rumors just make people sound like dumb middle school kids.

So do 1,000,000 different threads complaining about Shawn Watson but that hasn’t stopped the masses. dedhoarse

There is a tremendous difference between posting a rumor someone made up (or got in an email, or read on some other board, or heard from the saltwater aquarium guy) and discussing results produced by the players/coaches. One is an exercise in futility, the other is the reason the board exists.

Those questioning Watson and his offense have legitimate issues to discuss. They often have statistics to back up their point. Their discussion, agree or disagree with their conclusions, is why HuskerBoard exists.

I've found the pro- and anti-Watson discussions very interesting. There are stats to back up the issues Watson has had, and there are reasonable explanations to explain the fallacy of those stats. It's most definitely something worth discussing.

yep, that's the internet. Discussing rumors and arguing ad nauseam over things of which you have no control are what sites like Husker board are for. Your definition of use may be a little narrow and not aligned with reality.

The Watson threads have reached theater of the absurd proportions.

At the time I am posting this there are 77 people reading this thread. I guess they are all pissed that this exercise in futility (a rumor thread) is keeping them from statistical discourse (what Huskerboard is for).

Or maybe both are why Huskerboard exists. I know the site crashed when the original Taylor quit the team rumor broke after aTm. I doubt that happens the next time someone starts another redundant TIRED TIRED pitchforks and torches Watson thread.

Why do people get so pissed about the rumors. Makes the board way more interesting.

It really doesn't. Rumors just make people sound like dumb middle school kids.

So do 1,000,000 different threads complaining about Shawn Watson but that hasn’t stopped the masses. dedhoarse

There is a tremendous difference between posting a rumor someone made up (or got in an email, or read on some other board, or heard from the saltwater aquarium guy) and discussing results produced by the players/coaches. One is an exercise in futility, the other is the reason the board exists.

Those questioning Watson and his offense have legitimate issues to discuss. They often have statistics to back up their point. Their discussion, agree or disagree with their conclusions, is why HuskerBoard exists.

I've found the pro- and anti-Watson discussions very interesting. There are stats to back up the issues Watson has had, and there are reasonable explanations to explain the fallacy of those stats. It's most definitely something worth discussing.

yep, that's the internet. Discussing rumors and arguing ad nauseam over things of which you have no control are what sites like Husker board are for. Your definition of use may be a little narrow and not aligned with reality.

The Watson threads have reached theater of the absurd proportions.

At the time I am posting this there are 77 people reading this thread. I guess they are all pissed that this exercise in futility (a rumor thread) is keeping them from statistical discourse (what Huskerboard is for).

Or maybe both are why Huskerboard exists. I know the site crashed when the original Taylor quit the team rumor broke after aTm. I doubt that happens the next time someone starts another redundant TIRED TIRED pitchforks and torches Watson thread.

Now you're catching on. This is why the rumor threads haven't been locked. They may not be your cup of tea or mine, but they're here for a reason. Same for the Watson threads. You don't have to like it.... and you don't have to read it.

found an article about it

[qutoe]Rumor RUMOR - Taylor Martinez Prima Donna Transfer Imminent!

by Cobby on Dec 2, 2010 1:27 PM CST in Cobby - Humor

6 comments Email Print.Have you heard the latest?

No?

Well.. it turns out that Bo Pelini's blow up at Taylor Martinez was because he talked to his dad on a cell phone during the Texas A&M game. Bo wants to suspend Martinez for breaking team rules, but daddy Martinez wants to transfer and doesn't want anyone to know that his son is suspended because other schools may not want him as much and then Bo agreed to let him wear a boot and fake an injury and everyone hates Taylor Martinez because he's a prima donna even though just a few weeks ago he was the greatest thing ever in the history of Nebraska football.

Then they all had sex with cheerleaders?

No.

So there's no sex with cheerleaders?

No.

Well, add it, then, BECAUSE WITHOUT HIDDEN LUST AND FORBIDDEN DESIRE THERE'S NO MINI-SERIES HERE, FOLKS.

Added, sex with cheerleaders.

It's a go!

"Two or three different sources all report a general version of events as this: "

1. Bo's meltdown against Taylor on Saturday night. All agree it was over a cell phone. When Taylor was injured, he was taken to the A&M locker room because that is where the X-Ray facility was. After being X-rayed and cleared, rather than hurry and return to the team, Taylor left the medical staff to walk all the way over to NU's locker room, retrieve his cell phone, and have a conversation with his father. All told, Taylor and his dad waste 10-20 minutes. Bo is pissed on two different levels. One, he needs the kid back in the game and he's wasting time. Two, Bo has a very explicit rule about cell phones in the locker room and on the field. Evidently, Taylor has been busted for this kind of thing in the past.

Taylor comes back out on the field and the medical staff informs Bo of Taylor's activities. You saw the conversation that ensued on national TV. Not pleasant. There are several 'lip-reader' interpretations out there. All have to do with a phone call.

2. Upon returning to Lincoln, the next day finds Taylor's dad having shown up on campus. He's pissed. This has happened with Taylor's dad in the past and Bo pretty much hates dealing with it. They have a meeting with Taylor, Taylor's dad, and Pelini. Pelini explains that Taylor has violated team rules and will be suspended for a game. Evidently, Taylor's dad completely loses it, stating that it is their intention to transfer from NU to somewhere else and that calling it a 'suspension' will keep teams from wanting his son. Bo says, "Fine, call it whatever you want, but your son isn't playing on Friday." The meeting doesn't end well. Rumors swirl like crazy Sunday night that Taylor has quit the team. Technically, he hasn't, but there is enough truth in there to know that something has happened.

3. The next day, Taylor shows up with a walking boot on his foot to practice. Him and his dad want him to wear the boot so that people will believe that he is not playing this week because of his ankle, not because he's 'suspended'. As a 'screw you' to Pelini, however, Taylor wears the boot on the wrong foot, causing all sorts of confusion and strange questions from the press. Taylor, in his odd way, thinks this is all some kind of funny joke.

4. Then they all had sex with cheerleaders. Some had it twice. Except for one guy who just watched.

As this little stunt makes its way through the team, former players such as Phillip Dillard start piping up via Twitter and Facebook, describing their thoughts on Taylor and his established history of stunts like this, neglect for team rules, his over-obsessive daddy, etc. Phil calls on the Unity Council to dismiss Martinez from the team. Speculation is that current players are the source of Dillard's anger.

What the 'inside' people are reporting is this: Taylor Martinez is gone after this season. All agree this is the case. He may not play another game for Nebraska. Taylor wants to be gone, Taylor's dad wants him gone, and Bo and the rest of the team want him gone. Everyone within the program, from the coaches to the players, are tired of his prima donna attitude, helicopter dad, and general lack of respect for all things Nebraska. The 'suspension' will never be publicized as such - but that's what it is according to others

http://www.cornnation.com/2010/12/2/1851212/rumor-rumor-taylor-martinez-prima-donna-transfer-imminent

edit: just realized that the aricle is the same as the email the op got.