Taylor rumor

I do think he is leaving and does want out. I think other players want him out, but some of this crap is a little far fetched IMO.

Yes, but why? Why on earth would you want to leave when you have the world by the tails and you are a household name as a freshman? I just don't get it. I mean, can anyone be this ignorant/stupid? :bang

The world is an idiotic place, so the answer to your question is yes, unfortunately people can be that stupid. The question is is Taylor that stupid?

I admit the constant rumblings the past two weeks make me as nervous as any Husker fan contemplating our freshman phenom taking his ball and going home, but all I see from this chain mail garbage is old news recycling itself and pretending to be new. It's just crazy enough to be believable. But there is nothing solid that confirms it. If he sits during the bowl, we'll know.

I would say this rumor seems unlikely, because of how much BS cover up would have to be going on. I can't see Bo going along with it like this, and if TMart wants to be gone, and Bo wants him off the team, then I would imagine that he would already be off the team.

Bo's priority is the well-being of the team, not the future career of a single player who supposedly wants to leave and isn't going to take another snap at Nebraska.

Some of these rumors have me worried, and I've actually started buying into some of them, but I also realize that the current situation is pretty much the perfect environment for rumors like this to spread and get out of hand

Wow, this is a certain way to get hits. I think I am going to buy up the domain taylorrumor.com or taylorisquitting.com. Reminds me of a reliable email received from Mick Richards of Husker Vision. Where's I Bleed Red when you need him? Lordy, 42 hours until I hit Big D, let the good times roll. :nanalama

I'll tell you where he is, but you have to PM me to get it.

Dallas can't get here soon enough.

Bank it!

FWIW...Sean Callahan said "on the record I think Martinez will start this weekend" five seconds ago on WOWT6. He is probably way more in touch with things then any of us and to make that statement makes me really think all of these rumors are BS. Not that I believe he will start but I don't think he would make a comment like this if he had any feeling that Martinez would leave.

Wow....people just go wild given a chance to crucify the kid. Holy Moly, there must be a lot of sad and desperate lives out there.

You mean kind of like how they crucify the OC?

Hello pot, meet my good friend kettle.

Uhhhh....one is statistical "facts" the other is "rumor".

I thought contacting your parents during a game is against team rules or something. I could be wrong, but if anything that is why Bo would be pissed. Also isn't that kind of a fuzzy deal with the NCAA due to the possibility of a gambling issue...insider info or something? That might be why he was going off on Taylor IMO. He violated some rule about contacting parents during the game and got ripped for it. Most people are probably just going crazy with speculation and that is how these rumors just blow up.

It's just crazy enough to be believable.

Reasoning that at least some of the rumors must be true simply because of the quantity of them or bombshell value doesn't make sense to me.

I'm guessing most people have had a least one experience in their life where they were the subject of vitriolic rumors at school or work. It's not pleasant and while you would prefer to stamp them out immediately, doing so can be perceived as giving credence to the rumors regardless of how ridiculous they are.

It's so easy to imagine every unexplained action as being more than it really is and piecing together a believable story. For all we know there's a couple guys on the team who don't like Taylor starting all these rumors knowing they will be lapped up and spread around by fans since there are plenty of question marks. More times than not rumors are started by people with their own agenda and of course it's very easy with the internet.

:bs:

And here's why:

So Martinez and his Dad tell Pelini flat out 'we're gone at season's end'.

Ok, but then why is Taylor still here now? Having a guy that is breaking team rules AND threatening to transfer would get absolutely NO protection from Pelini, IMO. I don't know the man, but everything that I do know says that he would sooner kick a guy like that off the team and be done with it, rather than let it become a distraction and take focus away from the guys that will be here.

Maybe some of the stuff is true, and maybe Martinez is transferring at the end of the year, but I just don't see Pelini covering for him and his Dad after they supposedly walk into his office and try to strong arm him.

And here's why:

So Martinez and his Dad tell Pelini flat out 'we're gone at season's end'.

Ok, but then why is Taylor still here now? Having a guy that is breaking team rules AND threatening to transfer would get absolutely NO protection from Pelini, IMO. I don't know the man, but everything that I do know says that he would sooner kick a guy like that off the team and be done with it, rather than let it become a distraction and take focus away from the guys that will be here.

Maybe some of the stuff is true, and maybe Martinez is transferring at the end of the year, but I just don't see Pelini covering for him and his Dad after they supposedly walk into his office and try to strong arm him.

Now that I come to think of it...your post really put it into perspective for me. If I was Pelini in this situation...his ass would not be on the team anymore if any of this went down! The only reason I see Pelini not going forth with this is to cover it up from the media and try to not create more of a neg. perception of Nebraska football.

Honestly...I think most of this speculation is bullshitt. I bet...Martinez plays on Saturday! He may not start...but he will get reps! And also..about his dad taking flights...that costs a hefty penny to take a flight...and I don't see most of the original post being true..it more and more sounds totally false the more I read others posts...and piece it together on my own. If Taylor plays at all on Saturday...then he is still N and I don't think he is going anywhere...

Anyone remember Cody Glenn?

If Taylor was gonna be off the team, he'd BE off the team.

I'm surprise people haven't brought up Cody Glenn or Quentin Castille. If there was a problem with Martinez, I'm sure Bo wouldn't put up with it and wouldn't even hisitate to kick him off the team like he did with Cody Gleen or Quentin Castille. Cody Glenn violated team rules and didn't even play on Senior day and the Bowl game for his senior season and Castille didn't even sniff the field come when he was kicked off the team before the 09 season kicked off. Remember Bo has that black and white mentality and won't hesitate to decipline anybody whether you're a starter or not even if it means kicking you off the team.

For any of you who think lossing Martinez won't be a huge loss are not seeing the big picture. Last year when we had Lee our opponents didn't have to worry about his running abilities or his passing, ya he threw the ball decent at times but struggled most of the year because we barely scored touchdowns last year when we needed too. Theres a lot of people that are not sold on Green leading this team if Martinez does end up transferring. Sure Green is 4-0 as a starter but those were games against Baylor 09, OU 09(for only a quarter), ISU 10, CU 10 and in other games where he came in to relieve a struggling Lee or an injuried Martinez the offense did produce the same results as what Lee or Martinez had.

With Martinez running the offense our opponents have to worry about his feet and his arm. This offense is scoring touchdowns and winning more games because of this offense (UW, KSU, OSU, Mizzou, CU). Now that our opponents have to worry about a dual threat QB like Martinez that helps open up our running and passing game. Martinez is our offense whether you want to admit it or not. He came into this fall as the #3 QB but jumped last years starter Lee and Green who started 2 games last year to become our new #1 QB. That says a lot about Martinez as a player and a QB. Martinez has surprised a lot of people with his running abilities and praise him but now a lot of people are kicking him to the curb over some stupid rumors that don't mean jack right now.

Martinez won the Big 12 Offensive Freshman of the year award something that is tough to accomplish especially a freshman that so many of you said that he would struggle as a freshman in which he really hasn't.

Martinez would be dumb enough to transfer to another school because he would have to learn a new offense and quite possible be the backup QB. If he transfers to another Big 12 school he'll have to sit out a year before seeing the field.

Martinez has already sat out a year here at Nebraska and then to run this offense like he has this year is just unbelievable and then to transfer to another school is beyond retarded....Dan Beebe retarded.

Much of this seems like BS so will have to wait to see. Other then using the cell phone at the half I don't believe the rest of it.

It doesn't make sense.

We saw Bo upset about the cell phone use at the half...OK we got it, get over it. If Taylor was suspended, why does he play in the second half of that game? Why does Bo flat out in his presser say Taylor is not suspended when asked point blank? His comments are something like, "You guys know me...if a player was suspended you know I would tell you a player is suspended." If Taylor was truly suspended Bo could have easily said, yep he violated team policy and thus he sat in the second half...that did not happen either. Or he could have said...yes he is suspended for Colorado and will use the week to heal. Why would Bo cover for a so-called disgruntled player who is going to supposedly rip him when he leaves the program?

If the two parties were truly at odds with each other, there is no way Bo would set himself up in this manner if he knew a disgruntled Taylor and his dad were going to leave and provide the so-called "real story" on why he left at that time. Like other posters said, if this was such a big issue, Bo would have already have him leave and not distract the rest of the team.

If the boot thing was a joke as the rumor reports, Taylor is only hurting himself pulling a childish stunt like that. That seems like definite BS also.

If the rumor is true, both Taylor and Bo look bad in this whole episode...I just can't imagine Bo letting one player overtake the whole team with special treatment.