Taylor rumor

Being a California native and having gone to NU, I do know this. You just don't up and fly to Nebraska on a rager. The few times I had to do it with a few days window due to emergency, it cost damn near 1000 dollars. ( A sample search I just did on Southwest cost 400 a ticket, and Southwest wasn't a viable option to mne back then. But I digress()

My point is this is a man who has struggled to raise a family due to work problems according to some accounts. And yet he's flying to all of these games and then back again raises a BS flag to me. As does Bo's demeanor in all of this. I'll admit he was admonished about his temper, but I still feel if his Dad got mad and made demands like that, then let his kid show up with a boot on the wrong foot, then he would have flown back to Orange County with that walking boot in his ass.

Something may be amiss with Taylor, but I have a hard time swallowing this one.

------

Oh. Crap.

Maybe this has some merit. I just got an email where apparently, some Nigerian Prince has offered T-Mart all this money to try and help to get this Prince into America. Evidently Taylor just had to use his SS# and sign a football and he got 300 grand.

There's no way he'll be eligible after that.

Well, I can sort of see Bo and the staff allowing themselves to get walked all over for the sake of keeping Martinez happy. If they really believe he is the savior of the offense and potentially the season, then it would make sense. But to think they would allow it if Martinez had already announced his intention of leaving the team? Makes absolutely no sense.

Why would Bo cover up a suspension to make a player that was transferring happy? How does that add up? Why would Taylor not just leave the team then and there and be done with it? And why would wearing a boot on the wrong foot be an issue? Would the coaches make up a turf toe injury to cover up for a player that was never going to play another snap and was intentionally messing with them? This isn't Bo-like.

Does the Unity Council have the power to kick a player off the team? I highly doubt it. They could suggest the action to the head coach, but not much more than that. And why would Dillard have to tell the current player what to think of Martinez? They are around him every day in practice and can surely make a better judgment about him than one former player.

That is assuming it's Martinez's choice...if this is true it sounds like it's at least mutual. I don't think Bo wants anything to do with quitters and I suspect that his patience was already thin the first time around. If it's true that Martinez is really gone at the end of the year, it's a PR game at this point. It won't be publicly acrimonious as that will help no one.

I think the Unity Council could have the power, but it would never supersede Bo. If you remember earlier reports, they said that the UC met to vote on whether to allow Taylor to return/stay. In that case the power in this case would be less 'kicking players off' than 'reinstating someone who has quit.' Not sure on the bit about Dillard being the one calling on the UC to kick him, or what in the world "speculation is that current players are the source of Dillard's anger" means.

Lots of talk on both sides.

Taylor leaving does not sound right, but who knows what a kid and his parents think.

All this tough talk about him leaving and it not mattering, well if you want to be a 2 loss team or more every year, then concern over him leaving is not necessary. He has been our team this year, when he is not in there, we have little chance of being the dominant team we want to be. No one else is proven, so he is a needed piece heading into big ten play.

Not saying we should beg him to stay or play favorites to keep him. But it will affect this team if he leaves. I do not see it being for the better.

So I will not worry about it until something actually happens. Nothing I can do about it. Moving on.

The cell phone thing isn't Bo's policy. It's an NCAA policy. They are hyper-sensitive about gambling and if someone had inside info about an injury, say at halftime, it could make a huge difference when betting the second half line. Hell, when I was in law school, we had an NCAA representative come in to talk to my sports law class about gambling and sports and they have all sorts of stuff made with their little "Don't Bet on It" saying. I got a pen, a bunch of literature, one of those little string backpacks, and some other stuff.

I heard something pretty similiar the Wednesday after the aTm game. The interesting thing is that I was told the 'Turf Toe' came when Martinez stubbed-jammed it while walking off of the field. If you remember, he refused to ride a cart. That along with the texting was what set Bo off...from what I heard.

I didn't hear about his Dad coming, but I did hear that in a Monday meeting Bo told Taylor something on the lines 'If you don't want to be here, that's up to you....We can/will do it without you'.

I personally believe that he is gone and probably won't play for the rest of the year. I don't think he was suspended for a game, but I have no proof of that.

Taylor leaving does not sound right, but who knows what a kid and his parents think.

All this tough talk about him leaving and it not mattering, well if you want to be a 2 loss team or more every year, then concern over him leaving is not necessary. He has been our team this year, when he is not in there, we have little chance of being the dominant team we want to be. No one else is proven, so he is a needed piece heading into big ten play.

Not saying we should beg him to stay or play favorites to keep him. But it will affect this team if he leaves. I do not see it being for the better.

So I will not worry about it until something actually happens. Nothing I can do about it. Moving on.

Because cowtowing to a wanting to quit Eric Crouch sure helped in the long run. It only cost Solich the respect of the team and ultimately, his job.

It only yielded us one sub-two loss season, that one, and I'm of the opinion Newcombe would have had that identical record behind center.

From a very reliable source that I have used in the past, number one is completely accurate and he actually was suspended Friday. The other things are educated guesses at this point. We will never know if TMart actually did do those things. To me, if he does not play at all against OU it would be a good indication of things to come. If he was healthy enough to play the very night he was hurt he would have been healthy enough to play last week.

Because cowtowing to a wanting to quit Eric Crouch sure helped in the long run. It only cost Solich the respect of the team and ultimately, his job.

It only yielded us one sub-two loss season, that one, and I'm of the opinion Newcombe would have had that identical record behind center.

I just wanted to get in and agree with 100% before everyone tears you up.

Here is something to think about. When a player transfers or wants to transfer, the very first thing that a coach does is call the old coach of that player (Yes, it is a violation if the player has not technically left the school yet but you know what I mean).

That means that a coach from another school would be calling Bo to ask all about T-mart. Do you really think that at that time, Bo would keep up with this crazy "lie", no, coaches really dont burn each other like that. So the entire charade would be over anyway.

This email rumor has more lies in it then the sh#t I say to girls at the bars.

This email reads like something that the mega-virgins over at HI would go crazy for.

• Fire 1