Please God Dont Let it Be Iowa.

I say bring on the Hawks a year early.....but for ANYONE thinking that it will be a cakewalk..easy win...etc.... may want to do a little research instead of looking at the record.

Iowa, yes...lost to Northwestern, Minnesota, Arizona, and yes, almost to Indiana

* But Fitzgerald has Iowa's number, just like apparently a horrible Texas team has ours.

* Arizona was very lucky and was playing very good football early and it was on road

* No excuse for Indiana, but didn't NU BARELY escape ISU on the same day

* Minnesota caught Iowa reeling and it is a rival game... plus didn't NU stink the

joint up vs lowly KU and South Dakota State ?

Also, Iowa smashed Penn State (average), beat Michigan (average, but in Big House), smashed Michigan State by 31 pts (Big 10 Co-champs), only lost to Wisconsin by 1 point (Wisconsin might be playing best football in the country and is Big 10 co-champ) and only lost to Ohio State by 3 (the other Big 10 co-champ)

Kirk Ferentz may be in top 5 of best football coaches in the country and yes, HE typically WINS bowl games. Just like Bo, if you give him a month to prepare, and watch out.

I HATE IOWA WITH A PASSION.... so I am not making excuses or am predicting a loss, but I just think that NU - Iowa would be a great game. Not a "gimme" game like some on the board apparently think it would be.

lol Iowa sucks. It was proven this year that their string of luck in '09 was just that, luck.

I disagree, I hate them, but I disagree. They were just a few wrong decisions away from tying for the Big 10 title. They are better than you think and it hurts to say that.

having lived there for years and having watched them all this season i have to disagree. we would demolish them and it wouldnt even be close.

Being from Iowa, a loss CAN NOT BE A POSSIBILITY... Would be very worst way to end the season.

Iowa has had a disappointng year, but have played well at times. Their front 4 on defense is probably best in the land. Clayborne is a stud, and their d-backs are pretty good. Decent power running game, with schitzomaniac at QB...he is good one play, then horrible next.

Losing can't happen.... or I will suffer worse than ever.

Hey, I live in Texas.......talk to me about suffering....nobody knows the trouble......you get the idea.

:yeah

lol Iowa sucks. It was proven this year that their string of luck in '09 was just that, luck.

I disagree, I hate them, but I disagree. They were just a few wrong decisions away from tying for the Big 10 title. They are better than you think and it hurts to say that.

having lived there for years and having watched them all this season i have to disagree. we would demolish them and it wouldnt even be close.

Having lived here my entire life and also having watched them all this year by being forced to, I'd have to disagree with you again. Their defense is fairly good, but their offense is bi-polar at best. Don't think we can destroy anyone when our offense can't do anything. Did we watch the same game last night?

I would actually take Iowa over UCONN. Most definitely. Also by the time the bowl game rolls around I would think we would have a much healthier Martinez out there compared to the one we've had for the past couple of weeks.

I'll take Iowa if that turns out to be the case. (Did I just say that?)

Umm, anyway...

Since when are Husker fans scared to play IOWA, of all teams? Are you f-ing kidding me? Come on, get real.

Probally since iowa has only lost buy less then a touchdown its entire season.

Haven't we done the exact same thing? Lost one game by a TD and lost two by a FG. I say bring 'em on -- it will give us a good idea of how we stack up against a decent Big 10 team.

Since when are Husker fans scared to play IOWA, of all teams? Are you f-ing kidding me? Come on, get real.

Probally since iowa has only lost buy less then a touchdown its entire season.

Haven't we done the exact same thing? Lost one game by a TD and lost two by a FG. I say bring 'em on -- it will give us a good idea of how we stack up against a decent Big 10 team.

THIS.

Stop with this stuff, we are still a good football team. I realize we didn't look good last night in the second half, but Iowa is no Oklahoma and is no Texas A&M, and I would say Mizzou is a better team than Iowa.

Many are seeming to ignore that despite a bad record, Iowa still has a great defense and probably the best D line in college football. Their rush D is elite, and the way they handled Georgia Tech in the Orange Bowl last year, I will be very nervous playing our offense against their D giving them 3 weeks to prepare.

GMoose:

Those of us who live in Iowa have been posting stuff like this and getting ripped apart... I think way tooooo many rose colored glasses on this one. Iowa's defense is pretty damn good and their front 4 on defense IS the best is college football. Anyone who has watched our O-line should be concerned about this match up.

Their secondary is decent too... Prater from Omaha is good and Sash is a stud. The offense can put points up. 31 against Michigan State and 30 against Wisconsin . Ferentz is a great coach and rarely loses bowl games.

I think this is a great match up and the posters who "really don't know Iowa" will be the one's leading the "melt-down" if we happen to lose this game.

If it weren't for a few really dumb calls by their OC against OSU and Wisconsin, they would be in Rose bowl....only lost to Badgers by 1 pt.

NU will win, but it will be tough.

In fact, I have already seen a bowl site that has predicted Iowa 23 Nebraska 20.