Martinez

my honest opinion he has gotten worse as the season has went along. Granted I realize he has been hurt and limited in the plays they call while he is in at qb, BUT since opposing defense's have geared up to stop him he has not shown any sign of fixing some of his mistakes. U would think watching film that he and the coach's would be able to see what need's fixed and what doesn't. I mean come on there were times last night when my three year old niece could have thrown the ball away with some of the time he had, and he just stood there and let them sack him? I,m not saying that he hasnt fixed some thing's since the start of the season, but the things that have been happening that everyone on this board has been pointing out about not checking down recievers throwing the ball away ect. have been happening all year long!! I guess what i,m saying is it get Irritating hearing all the time " well the kid is a freshmen u have to remember that" Again that may be the case But looking over the games this year he has gotten worse as the season has went along with his read's throws and management of the offense!

Agreed. His decision making has gotten worse.

I don't blame Taylor for the loss like people say he's a freshman and needs to learn to look off receivers, go down his progression, and throw the ball away. This will come with time.

Should he have been in all game probably not. The one fumble he had he actually tucked it away and had both hands on it, but the defender made a good play. The Int was just a bad decision.

Just wondering why they thought a QB with turf toe and ankle sprain running down the sidelines as a wr and having the running back throw to him at that time and moment was a good idea? If they kept running the ball and even got some yardage there in fg range.

Thank you!

Taylor Martinez = Tate Forcier. Made people drool over their play early on as Freshmen. People realized they aren't that good. Michigan found Shoelace. Now where's our Shoelace?

He is on the scout team, his name is Brion Carnes.

I kid.

I guess what really ticked me off, all year Taylor didn't really seem like a freshman playing QB, he looked young and inexperienced, but rarely rattled or panicky. It showed Saturday night, it probably the most important game of the year. He will take that loss as a reminder and perhaps motivation to really commit to the program and the position of QB.

but rarely rattled or panicky

I don't know about that. I would say he has been streaky all year. At no point this year has he been acceptable in terms of pre-snap reads and identifying and protecting against blitzes. The thing he does in the pocket where he hangs on the ball too long, and then pulls his head down stutter steps right up into his OL before realizing there's no lane, then bouncing outside before taking a sack or having to throw it away, is really old hat.

I would agree that he has never looked quite so rattled as he did last night though. I also don't remember him literally standing there rooted to the spot until the sack came to him, which is what it got to at the end. He has been a freshman playing QB - but at times when he is hot and in the zone, it's been incredible. I hope you are right about motivation and commitment.

Our Shoelace could be Turner. Carnes would be a different style as polished as he is as passing. I would welcome Carnes.

Taylor Martinez = Tate Forcier. Made people drool over their play early on as Freshmen. People realized they aren't that good. Michigan found Shoelace. Now where's our Shoelace?

He is on the scout team, his name is Brion Carnes.

I kid.

I guess what really ticked me off, all year Taylor didn't really seem like a freshman playing QB, he looked young and inexperienced, but rarely rattled or panicky. It showed Saturday night, it probably the most important game of the year. He will take that loss as a reminder and perhaps motivation to really commit to the program and the position of QB.

From a reliable source I have heard that Carnes is not a good passer. He says that during drills all the wide receivers try to flock away from Brion because they know they have no chance of catching any balls. Still a freshman though and based on this video he seems like he definitely has the arm talent. Hopefully we can get Wats out of here so he can get developed as a good QB much like his cousin T-Fraziaaaa.