Scott Frost for OC!!!

Frost was sniffing around the football offices while Bo was hiring this staff. If Bo wanted Frost he would have hired him in 2008.

Frost as OC is laughable and just a leg-humping dream of some fans. :leghump:

OMG He's a former player he'd be a sweet ass coach man. you don't even KNOW!

• Fire 2

Frost was sniffing around the football offices while Bo was hiring this staff. If Bo wanted Frost he would have hired him in 2008.

Frost as OC is laughable and just a leg-humping dream of some fans. :leghump:

OMG He's a former player he'd be a sweet ass coach man. you don't even KNOW!

QB - Tommie Frazier

RB - Mike Rozier

WR - Matt Davison

OL - Dave Rimmington

Special Teams - Alex Henery

DL - Jason Peter

LB - Barrett Ruud

DB - Mike Brown

OC - Scott Frost

DC - Grant Wistrom

Man that staff would be sweet! That team would play with fire and run the option like nobody's business. chuckleshuffle:leghump::wasted:moreinteresting

Frost-haters:

Watch our wide receivers. Then watch Oregon's wide receivers. Back to our wide receivers, now back to Oregon's.

I don't know if Frost would be a good OC, he certainly doesn't have that experience. But he's the son of two coaches, he won a national championship at QB, and he's now a very respected WRs coach out here at Oregon. If you were looking at the background of a future offensive coordinator, I'd say that's a pretty good start.

Did Pelini have any experience as a d-coordinator when we hired him in 2003? He came in from a job as a position coach...

Did Pelini have any experience as a d-coordinator when we hired him in 2003? He came in from a job as a position coach...

Pelini's resume directly from wikipedia. Long post, so be wary...

Following his playing career, Pelini began his coaching career at the University of Iowa as a graduate assistant for the Iowa Hawkeyes under Hayden Fry in 1991. During this period, he also completed his master’s degree in sports administration from Ohio University in 1992. In 1993, he served for one year as quarterbacks coach at Cardinal Mooney High School in Youngstown.

In 1994, Pelini got his first position in the National Football League when he was hired by San Francisco 49ers head coach George Seifert as a scouting assistant. He was quickly promoted to assistant secondary coach, and by the spring of 1994 he had been promoted again to Defensive Backs Coach. In 1995, in his new position, he coached in his first Super Bowl as the 49ers defeated the San Diego Chargers 49–26 in Super Bowl XXIX.

In 1997, Pelini was hired by New England Patriots head coach Pete Carroll, again as defensive backs coach, helping the Patriots reach the playoffs twice during his three years there.

In 2000, Pelini became the Linebackers Coach for the Green Bay Packers under head coach Mike Sherman. Green Bay posted a 33–15 record and reached the playoffs twice in Pelini's three years there as linebackers coach.

Pelini returned to the college ranks in 2003 when he was hired as Defensive Coordinator for the Nebraska Cornhuskers by Head Coach Frank Solich. In 2002, the season prior to his hiring, Nebraska's defense was ranked 55th nationally. In his first year it improved to 11th and led the country in turnover margin. At the conclusion of the regular season, despite posting a 9–3 record, Solich was fired by new Nebraska athletic director Steve Pederson. Pelini was named the interim head coach and led the Cornhuskers to a 17-3 win over the Michigan State Spartans in the 2003 Alamo Bowl.[3] Pelini interviewed for the Nebraska head coach position, but Pederson instead decided after a 41-day search to hire Bill Callahan, who had just been fired by the Oakland Raiders after a disappointing 4–12 season. The following year, Nebraska's defense fell to 56th nationally.

For 2004, Pelini joined the Oklahoma Sooners as co-defensive coordinator under head coach Bob Stoops, helping the Sooners to a 6th place national rushing defense and 11th place national scoring defense on their way towards winning the 2004 Big 12 Championship Game and a spot in the 2005 BCS National Championship Game, where they were defeated 55-19 by the University of Southern California.

In 2005, Pelini was hired by Louisiana State University Tigers Head Coach Les Miles, again as defensive coordinator. His success continued, as LSU was ranked 3rd nationally in overall defense for each of his three years with the Tigers. At the conclusion of the 2007 regular season, LSU defeated Tennessee 21-14 in the 2007 SEC Championship Game and went on to win 38-24 against Ohio State, Pelini's alma mater, in the 2008 BCS National Championship Game.

During the 2007 football season, Nebraska Chancellor Harvey Perlman fired athletic director Steve Pederson, and appointed former Cornhuskers head coach Tom Osborne as Interim Athletic Director. One day after the Cornhuskers' final game of the season, a 65–51 loss to Colorado and finishing the season with 5 wins and 7 losses, Osborne fired Bill Callahan and announced an immediate search for a new football coach. Pelini was selected after a nine-day search as the next head coach. Two names revealed among five interviewed candidates included Buffalo head coach Turner Gill and Wake Forest head coach Jim Grobe.

Scott Frost's Coaching career...

In 2007, he joined the University of Northern Iowa coaching staff as the linebackers coach, later being promoted to Co-Defensive Coordinator.

On January 26, 2009, Frost was hired as the wide receivers coach for the University of Oregon.

That's a pretty significant difference, imho. Frost has a lot to prove before becoming a coordinator.

• Fire 1

I don't know why he has that much more to prove. Our offense already turns the ball over a ton of times and can't score in the second half (or sometimes the second quarter). I think that with our D, there is a lot of room for an OC to learn and grow. They could have let the D play ironman and, fatigue notwithstanding, they would have done at least as well.

Edit: and that's not to diminish soooo much of the great effort on O from so many individuals. In fact, that's my point. the offensive production seems to be almost independent of the talent of the people on the field... but not in a good way.

Following his playing career, Pelini began his coaching career at the University of Iowa as a graduate assistant for the Iowa Hawkeyes under Hayden Fry in 1991. During this period, he also completed his master’s degree in sports administration from Ohio University in 1992. In 1993, he served for one year as quarterbacks coach at Cardinal Mooney High School in Youngstown.

In 1994, Pelini got his first position in the National Football League when he was hired by San Francisco 49ers head coach George Seifert as a scouting assistant. He was quickly promoted to assistant secondary coach, and by the spring of 1994 he had been promoted again to Defensive Backs Coach. In 1995, in his new position, he coached in his first Super Bowl as the 49ers defeated the San Diego Chargers 49–26 in Super Bowl XXIX.

In 1997, Pelini was hired by New England Patriots head coach Pete Carroll, again as defensive backs coach, helping the Patriots reach the playoffs twice during his three years there.

In 2000, Pelini became the Linebackers Coach for the Green Bay Packers under head coach Mike Sherman. Green Bay posted a 33–15 record and reached the playoffs twice in Pelini's three years there as linebackers coach.

Pelini returned to the college ranks in 2003 when he was hired as Defensive Coordinator for the Nebraska Cornhuskers by Head Coach Frank Solich. In 2002, the season prior to his hiring, Nebraska's defense was ranked 55th nationally. In his first year it improved to 11th and led the country in turnover margin. At the conclusion of the regular season, despite posting a 9–3 record, Solich was fired by new Nebraska athletic director Steve Pederson. Pelini was named the interim head coach and led the Cornhuskers to a 17-3 win over the Michigan State Spartans in the 2003 Alamo Bowl.[3] Pelini interviewed for the Nebraska head coach position, but Pederson instead decided after a 41-day search to hire Bill Callahan, who had just been fired by the Oakland Raiders after a disappointing 4–12 season. The following year, Nebraska's defense fell to 56th nationally.

For 2004, Pelini joined the Oklahoma Sooners as co-defensive coordinator under head coach Bob Stoops, helping the Sooners to a 6th place national rushing defense and 11th place national scoring defense on their way towards winning the 2004 Big 12 Championship Game and a spot in the 2005 BCS National Championship Game, where they were defeated 55-19 by the University of Southern California.

In 2005, Pelini was hired by Louisiana State University Tigers Head Coach Les Miles, again as defensive coordinator. His success continued, as LSU was ranked 3rd nationally in overall defense for each of his three years with the Tigers. At the conclusion of the 2007 regular season, LSU defeated Tennessee 21-14 in the 2007 SEC Championship Game and went on to win 38-24 against Ohio State, Pelini's alma mater, in the 2008 BCS National Championship Game.

During the 2007 football season, Nebraska Chancellor Harvey Perlman fired athletic director Steve Pederson, and appointed former Cornhuskers head coach Tom Osborne as Interim Athletic Director. One day after the Cornhuskers' final game of the season, a 65–51 loss to Colorado and finishing the season with 5 wins and 7 losses, Osborne fired Bill Callahan and announced an immediate search for a new football coach. Pelini was selected after a nine-day search as the next head coach. Two names revealed among five interviewed candidates included Buffalo head coach Turner Gill and Wake Forest head coach Jim Grobe.

In 2007, he joined the University of Northern Iowa coaching staff as the linebackers coach, later being promoted to Co-Defensive Coordinator.

On January 26, 2009, Frost was hired as the wide receivers coach for the University of Oregon.

That's a pretty significant difference, imho. Frost has a lot to prove before becoming a coordinator.

Thanks. That is a significant difference, but my main point is that we shouldn't just be looking at guys who have experience as a coordinator. Great offensive coordinators weren't always offensive coordinators, they had to start somewhere, and we as fans aren't always going to know how good they're going to be when they get their first job.

To me, experience is important, but knowledge of the game, strategic thinking, and ability to teach all come way before that.

Not arguing for or against Frost here, just saying that I don't think we're going to get a guy that's an established offensive coordinator. It's going to be someone without as much experience, maybe someone we've never even heard of. It's probably a moot point, we're probably still gonna have Wats.

The problem is deeper than just the OC. Watson, Cotton, and Gilmore are all up on the chopping block now, and I think most people are more upset with Cotton than wit Watson.

Umm, no.

Valuable addition to the topic, I dare say. Care to add any more than that or to what specific part you are saying 'no' to?

The problem is deeper than just the OC. Watson, Cotton, and Gilmore are all up on the chopping block now, and I think most people are more upset with Cotton than wit Watson.

Umm, no.

Valuable addition to the topic, I dare say. Care to add any more than that or to what specific part you are saying 'no' to?

I think he's saying that people are more upset with Watson then with Cotton... I'd agree. I think the Husker nation anger factor for the offensive staff is in this order right now:

Watson

Gilmore

Cotton

Beck/Brown

Well the size makes it look like alot more when there's a paragraph for each of bo's positions and a sentence for each of scott's.

here is what it would really look like

Bo Pelini

1991- graduate assistant at iowa

1993- qb coach at cardinal mooney high

1994- hired by san fran 49ers as scouting assitant, promoted to assistant secondary coach. then promoted to db's coach in 1995

1997- hired by new england as a db's coach

2000- hired by green bay as a linebacker's coach

This is pelini's career before being hired by nebraska as a defensive coordinator

Now Scott frost

2002 - was a graduated assistant for nebraska

2007- hired as a graduate assistant at kansas state.

2007- Hired by the university of northern iowa as a linebacker's coach, was then promoted to co-defensive coordinator

2009- hired by the university of oregon as the wide receiver's coach

Bo was definitely more experienced when he was hired as the d-coordinator than scott is now, but the difference isn't a huge as the paragraphs would make it seem.

I personally would like to see scott come to nebraska as a wr or qb coach before getting a crack at a coordinator position here, but that's just me, and i wouldn't be opposed to him getting a look now.

edit: my bad, i forgot to put in bo's time at iowa and at cardinal mooney high..

2nd edit: scott also held graduate assistant positions

Umm, no.

I think he's saying that people are more upset with Watson then with Cotton... I'd agree. I think the Husker nation anger factor for the offensive staff is in this order right now:

Watson

Gilmore

Cotton

Beck/Brown

Maybe I've just been talking to very different sets of people. I know a lot of people are upset with Watson, so I can understand him being number one, but I personally think Cotton should be 1.a.

Umm, no.

I was referring to the fact that you stated that more people are upset with Cotton right now than they our with our offensive coordinator. I think it's safe to say that more people are upset with Shawn Watson right now. By a long shot.

Umm, no.

Watson

Gilmore

Cotton

Beck/Brown

Maybe I've just been talking to very different sets of people. I know a lot of people are upset with Watson, so I can understand him being number one, but I personally think Cotton should be 1.a.

I don't know. I saw more improvement from the offensive line over the past year than I did from the offense (minus a healthy Martinez). QBs, WRs, and OL are not where they need to be though... I've been happy with the TE and RB play, and the RB play can only be good with decent OL play, so I'm not as upset with Cotton right now. Definitely a long way to go before it's the pipeline again, but I felt like it got better this year.