Best/Worst Bowl Games

I can't believe some of these bowls. What the heck is "Beef 'O'Brady's" anyway?

It's a chain restaurant. Very unremarkable. Kinda applebee's-ish. lots of stuff stuck to the walls. Food's cheap and tastes good, though, and that's good enough for me.

Can't believe Boise didn't get matched up against a BCS conference team (Utah is a year away but no one considers them that). Heck a Boise vs. Nebraska Holiday Bowl would be awesome! And then UW and Utah could play in a Pac 12 preview...I think UW and Utah would prefer that game as well.

Had Washington lost their last game I believe a WAC or Mountain West team would have filled in. Boise, Nevada or Utah...it would have been an upgrade for all those teams from what they are playing in now. Funny how much some of us rag on the non-AQ's and then suddenly the opportunity to play one in a bowl would have been so much better than the current situation.

On the whole this is a bad bowl year for the Big 12. Fiesta Bowl will probably be a joke, A&M is going to be embarrassed by LSU and I don't think Arizona has a chance against OSU. Top three bowls are pretty much throwaways. Insight looks like a decent matchup (ofc I wish it was us), Holiday no comment, then we have finally have some interesting matchups in the bottom 3 with Baylor vs. Illinois, KSU vs. Syracuse and Northwestern vs. Texas Tech (all those could go either way).

This won't happen in the Big 10 because the Rose Bowl is only required to take an at large every 4 years and their top 3 non-BCS bowls are all tied to the SEC.

In all honesty I would have rather played in the Pinstripe bowl instead of playing in the holiday again and playing washington again. Playing in the Bronx would be pretty sweet.

honest to gawd i would have gone to that bowl game if nebraska was in it. there is not a better time of year to be in NYC in my humble opinion.

i mean, watch the game on the 30th, stick around for new years...are you kidding me? in fact, i'd still go even if it was the washington huskies playing against us.

Yeesh, too many bowls = too many lame teams getting in. So many of these matchups seem like they were based on a dice roll, too... 7-5 teams vs 1 or 2 loss teams, etc? Granted, as I went through that list, many of those 1 and 2 loss teams were from the Big XII, which would have made matching teams with like records difficult... but that's just awful. So many of them seemed like some kids were tired of their lemonade stand and said, "Hey! Let's have a bowl game!" Is there a Lemon Bowl yet? Anyway-- the best they could do for nebraska was putting them back together with a team they already thumped.. .what's the point? I'll watch it, but half-assedly, that's for sure. I'd almost rather that they'd have matched us up with a Big 12 team that we narrowly beat-- at least that would be entertaining. A meaningless drubbing of a .500 team... what a way for the seniors to go out... especially on D because that is a championship caliber defense. How frustrating.