[VB] GL @ Washington

I'm a Nebraska transplant living in Seattle where I'm currently a Husky, so that makes me both a Husky and a Husker! Anyway, this game is sure to be a battle and I was lucky enough to watch the game two years ago where UW got ahead two sets and NE battled back for three straight. The lady Huskers better bring their A game as UW looked very strong against Hawaii.

The Regionals are freaking RIDICULOUS. The NCAA screwed the teams in both the Seattle and Austin Regionals. The Austin Regional features the Nos. 1, 8, 9 and 16 seeds, while the Seattle Regional features the Nos. 2, 7 & 10 seeds. The Penn State Regional has only two seeds, Nos. 4 and 12, while the Dayton Regional has only two seeds, the Nos. 3 and 6.

You cannot tell me they couldn't have spread these seeds out better. For example, they could have sent #10 Minnesota to the Dayton or College Station site, or send #1 Florida to Dayton rather than Austin. This makes no sense to me, and it's almost as if they wanted to give the winner of the Dayton and/or College Station Regionals an advantage on the road to the Final Four.

I won't be surprised to see the survivors of the Seattle and Austin Regionals in the Finals. Those will be very battle-tested teams.

Austin: 1, 16, 9, 8 = An average of 8.5 per seed

University Park: 5, 12, 13, 4 = An average of 8.5 per seed

Dayton: 3, 14, 11, 6 = An average of 8.5 per seed

Seattle: 7, 10, 15, 2 = An average of 8.5 per seed

Just because University Park and Dayton had two seeded teams each lose before making the round of 16 DOESN'T mean the NCAA did anything wrong. It will work out that the Austin and Seattle regions are tougher to get through, yes, but that has nothing to do with the NCAA assigning poor match-ups. They assigned a fair tournament, things just don't always go the way they are planned.

The Regionals are freaking RIDICULOUS. The NCAA screwed the teams in both the Seattle and Austin Regionals. The Austin Regional features the Nos. 1, 8, 9 and 16 seeds, while the Seattle Regional features the Nos. 2, 7 & 10 seeds. The Penn State Regional has only two seeds, Nos. 4 and 12, while the Dayton Regional has only two seeds, the Nos. 3 and 6.

I suppose there's an argument for and against seeding teams in the first round rather than calling the first two rounds a qualifying, then starting the tournament with regionals seeded 1-16. It's just a number though, the unseeded teams had to knock off a seeded team or a team that beat a seeded team in the first round (cough cough LSU).

Texas

Florida (1)

Illinois (8)

Texas (9)

Purdue (10)

Penn

Penn St. (4)

UNI (5) (L. Missouri)

Duke (12)

LSU (13) (L. Tulsa) (L. Oklahoma)

Dayton

Stanford (3)

USC (6)

Tennessee (11) (L. Indiana)

Dayton (14) (L. Ohio St.)

Washington

Nebraska (2)

Cal (7)

Minnesota (10)

Hawaii (15) (L. Washington)

Anywho...GL to the team tonight. I really want to go to KC!

Not a big fan of the sport of volleyball, but I'm a big fan of anything huskers. I'm going to listen to the game tonight from huskers.com. I havent watched volleyball sice highschool and even than I didn't really follow the sport.

:o

i watch a TON of womens volleyball. granted, i couldnt tell you what the score was or who won half the time, but still...