Our Best RS Freshmen

Since we are swinging into next season's preparations I thought it would be fun to discuss big impact RS/true freshman. Who has panned out of that recruiting class? Who has surprised us? Who has done really well in practice this year?

Here is a list of all of our scholarship players and walk on's from last year's recruiting class.

QB Brion Carnes

RB Zach Taylor

WR Tyler Wullenwaber

WR Dillon Schrodt

WR Keegan Hughes

WR Kenny Bell

WR Tyler Evans

WR Stanley Jean Baptiste (3 years left to play)

WR Qunicy Enunwa

DB Josh Bart

DB Joey Felici

DB Derek Foster

DB Yusef Wade

DB Austin Williams

DB Corey Cooper

DB Joshua Mitchell

DB Harvey Jackson

DB Ciante Evans

DE Andy Gdowski

DE JC Moore

DE Walker Ashburn

DE Tobi Okuyemi

DE Donnovan Vestal

DT Jeff Uher

DT Jake Cotton

DT Chase Rome

DT Jay Guy

LB Tyson Mcgill

LB Trevor Roach

OL Mark Pelini

OL Mike Moudy

OL Andrew Rodriguez

P/PK Jason Dann

This is my list so far:

QB Brion Carnes - gonna be a great QB for us. 2nd best passer on the team, true 4.4 speed, played in toughest division of HS football in Florida and is used to pressure. Tommy Fraziers cousin.

DT Chase Rome- Has strength/size of a DT but speed of a DE. He can play either position for us. Coaches said he was good enough to see the field as a true freshman but they were too deep to burn his RS. Look for him to fit well this season.

WR Stanley Jean Baptiste- Will be a big time playmaker for us in 2011. Killed it in practice this year physically, just needed a year to grasp the mental system.

WR Quincy Enunwa- Played as a TFr and did well. If he has better balls thrown at him, look out for this aggressive receiver in 2011.

DB Corey Cooper- Have heard he has been tearing it up on the scout team. He redshirted this year but look for him to get some playing time in 2011 and be a big tackler for us.

DB Ciante Evans- Struggled with some inconsistencies on the field this year but look for him to come back much improved in 2011. Will be a great CB for us.

DE Donnovan Vestal- this kid lit it up on scout team this year. He suffered a big injury half way through the season and had surgery but look for him to heal up, gain strength, and be a great 2nd string guy for us this next year.

LB Trevor Roach- Mike Ekeler spoke about this guy as a Beast at the big red breakfast this year. This kid was a steal in our walk on class from what I have heard. Good chance he sees the field next year as we look to put more LB's on the field when we enter the big 10.

P/PK Jason Dann- this kid played in one of the toughest divisions of Texas HS football and averaged 40% of his kickoffs as touchbacks. He also won several awards at the kicking academy in Texas for his field goals.

This year our best true feshman was Ciante Evans IMO. He played real well when Dennard was hurt.

Corey Cooper, who redshirted, I believe will be the next stud on defense. I was real excited when we snagged him and I have a gut feeling he will find time on the field and tear it up.

This year our best true feshman was Ciante Evans IMO. He played real well when Dennard was hurt.

Corey Cooper, who redshirted, I believe will be the next stud on defense. I was real excited when we snagged him and I have a gut feeling he will find time on the field and tear it up.

I bet you can almost lock Evans into starting on the other side of Dennard next year. I could see Cooper maybe filling the role of Hagg or Gomes next year, but who knows.

WR Stanley Jean Baptiste- Will be a big time playmaker for us in 2011. Killed it in practice this year physically, just needed a year to grasp the mental system.

WR Quincy Enunwa- Played as a TFr and did well. If he has better balls thrown at him, look out for this aggressive receiver in 2011.

First SJB, he has a long ways to go on the mental part from most reports as well as blocking. I hope he can get it together through spring and then this summer. He could help, but remember Tyrell Spain also "killed it" in practices and look how far that got him.

Quincy could be the second coming of Niles Paul. By that I mean he SHOULD have redshirted this year. Would the coaches have known early in the year that he would play a lot less than they anticipated? No, but as fans we have seen the benefits of learning all nuances of this offense in a redshirt year.

As for better balls, this could have been said about each and every receiver.

After the dOUche game Chase Rome was doing the meet and greet in full uniform. It caught me by surprise seeing a redshirt player in full Husker garb. I don't know if redshirt players suit up for games but must be good enough for a back up plan if needed. Hate to see him lose a year of eligibality. Hope Stenkhulers oop's doesn't affect his eligibality. Dude's a man beast in full Husker uniform.

After the dOUche game Chase Rome was doing the meet and greet in full uniform. It caught me by surprise seeing a redshirt player in full Husker garb. I don't know if redshirt players suit up for games but must be good enough for a back up plan if needed. Hate to see him lose a year of eligibality. Hope Stenkhulers oop's doesn't affect his eligibality. Dude's a man beast in full Husker uniform.

If never played in a game than should not affect his redshirt status. I believe in Bo Ruud's first year, he technically redshirted, but practiced with the 1st team, suited and traveled to away games, those sort of things.

DE Donnovan Vestal- this kid lit it up on scout team this year. He suffered a big injury half way through the season and had surgery but look for him to heal up, gain strength, and be a great 2nd string guy for us this next year.

Just curious: How exactly do you know this?

we dont.. our record on this board with rumors and inside information hasnt always been the best, most accurate... or fair....

:wacko:

This is my list so far:

QB Brion Carnes - gonna be a great QB for us. 2nd best passer on the team, true 4.4 speed, played in toughest division of HS football in Florida and is used to pressure. Tommy Fraziers cousin.

DT Chase Rome- Has strength/size of a DT but speed of a DE. He can play either position for us. Coaches said he was good enough to see the field as a true freshman but they were too deep to burn his RS. Look for him to fit well this season.

DB Corey Cooper- Have heard he has been tearing it up on the scout team. He redshirted this year but look for him to get some playing time in 2011 and be a big tackler for us.

DB Ciante Evans- Struggled with some inconsistencies on the field this year but look for him to come back much improved in 2011. Will be a great CB for us.

LB Trevor Roach- Mike Ekeler spoke about this guy as a Beast at the big red breakfast this year. This kid was a steal in our walk on class from what I have heard. Good chance he sees the field next year as we look to put more LB's on the field when we enter the big 10.

P/PK Jason Dann- this kid played in one of the toughest divisions of Texas HS football and averaged 40% of his kickoffs as touchbacks. He also won several awards at the kicking academy in Texas for his field goals.

I love your list but I am just curious. Who do you see as the 'best' passer on our team? (referring to your breakdown of Carnes which you did a nice job of btw) Anyway I'm not saying Carnes is our best passer or worst passer but looking at the guys we have on the roster right now (Lee, Green, Martinez) who have played I guess I'll assume that you think Lee has the best arm. (when he's healthy) Anyway was just curious. Great breakdown!