Taylor Martinez at WR

I don't get why "Taylor to UCLA" is so common. Is it even based on anything, or is UCLA just some random school in Cali pulled out of a hat?

We here at Husker board put 10 Cali schools on a spinning wheel with notches and allowed Bristol Palin to spin it. It stopped on UCLA, and that is where the rumor came from.

Martinez is NOT going to transfer so quit talking about it because it's seriously getting annoying. First off look how our good our offense played until Martinez got hurt in the Mizzou game. The kid shouldnt even have played in the Big 12 championship game. He should and will start at qb next year. If he doesn't improve though definitely look for him at WR and KR/PR, because if he ever wants to go to the NFL these are the only positions he can play---not QB or defense. Watson needs to be gone and we will be fine. We need more than 5 yard slants to be successful.

Really, if Watson is gone then so is the guy that put together the offense before the Missouri game, just saying.

First off look how our good our offense played until Martinez got hurt in the Mizzou game.

Agree....

Watson needs to be gone and we will be fine.

You lost me...

Apparently anyone can design an offense that will put up 500+ yards how many times in a year against BCS opponents? I mean, I am not saying the offense was elite, since it wasn't. But those two snippets I quoted, don't really go together.

I didnt mean anything by the UCLA comment. Its pretty common knowledge the "rumor" was he was going to transfer to UCLA in August and now those "rumors" are resufacing again. Im not posting anything different that hasnt been written on here before.

You know what is really annoying........... having a million Taylor Martinez and Shawn Watson threads. Then people wonder how "rumors" get started.

Really, if Watson is gone then so is the guy that put together the offense before the Missouri game, just saying.

First off look how our good our offense played until Martinez got hurt in the Mizzou game.

Agree....

Watson needs to be gone and we will be fine.

You lost me...

Apparently anyone can design an offense that will put up 500+ yards how many times in a year against BCS opponents? I mean, I am not saying the offense was elite, since it wasn't. But those two snippets I quoted, don't really go together.

Yes anyone can if the opposing defense is terrible.

Taylor would make an amazing slot guy, we don't always see him use his elusiveness but his pure speed couldn't be ignored. Line him up in that slot position and hit him on a quick route to the middle of the field and allow him to outrun everyone down the field. You could also use him well on misdirection such as reverses, you can't ignore his speed but most people don't trust his throwing motion.

Going to throw a name out there for a player at WR, Kenny Bell. He was mentioned by the coaches in the lead up to the Big XII championship game with the tag that if he was playing he'd probably be the fastest receiver in the Big XII. I'm sure most saw his highlight vids from last year, and I think he's going to be a good one. Needed that redshirt year to heal some ailing injuries and to put some meat on his bones. But I wouldn't be surprised if we see him as the kick returner next year and he's going to be a good one (probably going to take over Marlowe's spots, maybe).

If I had it my way and this is just wishful thinking but I'd love to put Martinez at wide receiver or the slot and Brion Carnes would be the talented quarterback that he apparently seems to be and he would be our quarterback. No more finger crossing about Martinez's pocket presence/passing ability. No more offensive stalling everytime a team (like I see happening in the Big 10) sells out to the run/zone read, whatever you want to call it and dares Nebraska and Martinez to pass.

Carnes at Quarterback, Martinez at receiver. That is if he didn't quit the team first.

Isn't why he came to Nebraska was because USC and other California schools were trying to initially recruit him as a wideout or slot reciever right off the bat because of his speed, where as Nebraska recruited to try out as a QB? Did he not win over the coaches in practice by beating out Zac Lee and Cody Green for the starting QB position? I do not see Martinez himself, much less the coaching staff willing to drop this kid from his current position in the offense, unless something drastic happens to his athletic abilities at the beginning of next year. Just wait and judge him as a QB until we see him at game time next season, he's got a whole off season to train, build up, and improve his arm and pocket presence. Personally, I can't wait to see how he develops.

• Fire 2