Should have been CO-Defensive Player of the Year

Prince is a hell of a player. But once again, I'm going to say that he should have shared this honor with Texas A&M's Von Miller.

I reiterate this tonight because today, Miller was named the 2010 Butkus Award winner. I expect to see Amukamara win the (Thorpe?) award for best CB. Regardless, they should have shared it this year.

Prince is a hell of a player. But once again, I'm going to say that he should have shared this honor with Texas A&M's Von Miller.

I reiterate this tonight because today, Miller was named the 2010 Butkus Award winner. I expect to see Amukamara win the (Thorpe?) award for best CB. Regardless, they should have shared it this year.

Would love to see Prince win the Thorpe, but my guess is Patrick Peterson will win it.

Prince is a hell of a player. But once again, I'm going to say that he should have shared this honor with Nebraska's Lavonte David.

Miller, an outside linebacker recorded a whopping 59 tackles and 9.5 sacks (sack total is impressive).

Lavonte David, also a linebacker, recorded 145 tackles, 6 sacks and was second on the team with 10 pass break ups.

One last time, it sounds like to me Nebraska was jobbed again by ATM. David wasn't even in the running for the award while the numbers he threw up absolutely destroyed Millers.

• Fire 1

Prince is a hell of a player. But once again, I'm going to say that he should have shared this honor with Nebraska's Lavonte David.

Miller, an outside linebacker recorded a whopping 59 tackles and 9.5 sacks (sack total is impressive).

Lavonte David, also a linebacker, recorded 145 tackles, 6 sacks and was second on the team with 10 pass break ups.

One last time, it sounds like to me Nebraska was jobbed again by ATM. David wasn't even in the running for the award while the numbers he threw up absolutely destroyed Millers.

Von plays outside linebacker in a 3-4, so he basically plays as a DE. David plays in a 2-gap system where he is supposed to get all the tackles. David's are still very impressive, however, I'm just stating that they play in two completely different systems so its hard to compare to two based on just stats.

Miller is a scheme changer. Much in the way that Prince's numbers don't tell the whole story because QB's dont want to throw towards him, Miller changes entire Offensive schemes just to account for him. One of the things not in the stat sheet is how he is in the backfield virtually every play, even if he isn't getting a sack or TFL. He disrupts offenses.

honestly, prince wasn't even our best corner this year

That's pretty difficult to back up when 3/4 of our opponents were too scared to even throw his way. As good as Fonzie is, Prince is a game-changer.

Let's just be glad we've got guys like Crick, David and Dennard coming back next year. That's a hell of a senior class on defense at all three levels.

Yeah, Von Miller is GREAT alright. And more importantly, I don’t think he is one of the Aggies who enjoys playing with other guy’s junk. Or at least he’s not out of the closet with it like some of your other players.

Miller did nothing for the first half of the season. I don't care that he was injured, it has to be taken into account. Prince was out there for every single snap on defense shutting down WRs.

You know who else knew "he didn't do anything for the first half of the season?" the 51 panelists for the BEST LINEBACKER IN THE NATION AWARD. Don't give me that crap. MAn is an absolute beast, and again, I'm not claiming he should be DPOY INSTEAD of Prince. I'm saying with his presence, it should have been a shared award.