Bo looking into the Miami HC Job

epocSoN

My Take on the Bo Pelini Miami coaching search:

I think Bo wants to make some changes to this staff mainly Shawn Watson. I dont think Tom wants him to make these changes. I think Bo wants total controll over this football program and staff, something he doesnt have now. I think he is flirting with his old friend form Ou to get his point across that he want to make these changes and be given more controll or he will go somewhere and get that said controll. Its almost like what bob stoops has done in the past to get extensions done for him and his staff IE last year flirt with Notre Dame the NFL and get the things you need for your program. I could be wrong but this is my take.

are you basing this off speculation? I can't say I blame you if you are we are all now basicaly speculating just wondering if you had any reasoning behind your thoughts that this is over team control.

I think Bo wants to make some changes to this staff mainly Shawn Watson. I dont think Tom wants him to make these changes. I think Bo wants total controll over this football program and staff, something he doesnt have now. I think he is flirting with his old friend form Ou to get his point across that he want to make these changes and be given more controll or he will go somewhere and get that said controll. Its almost like what bob stoops has done in the past to get extensions done for him and his staff IE last year flirt with Notre Dame the NFL and get the things you need for your program. I could be wrong but this is my take.

if that is the case (which i have no idea) than tom should really lose the back seat driver shtick....... but hearing that he sort of has that 'advisor' i could see how it could piss off bo sometimes

8 pages....

why?

Because some people are stupid who continued to believe in this stupid rumor and drag it out. Here is what Pelini and Osborne had to say but yet people still believe in this stupid rumor.

Bo

"I don't address rumor and innuendo"

Osborne

"Bo's never talked to me about anything like that," Osborne said. "If he got permission (to talk to Miami), he didn't get it from me."

The Associated Press reported that a secretary for Osborne said he had told her to tell callers: “There’s nothing to comment on.”

are you basing this off speculation? I can't say I blame you if you are we are all now basicaly speculating just wondering if you had any reasoning behind your thoughts that this is over team control.

This is mainly speculation I have heard from some people that Bo and watson agreed to split after the season and i posted it in the Mega fire watson thread after the OU game. i got mainly laughted at so i kinda stopped posting stuff I have heard. After reading through all these threads about the topic of pelini and watson and everyone and there mom coming in to interview with for th OC job. I can just see it happening that way. I have no insider info i am no prominant booster i am an avid husker fan giving my opinion with what i have read and heard around. This all could be something to the effect of Miami athletic director Kirby Hocutt asking his old Friend Bo his opinion of coaches and staffs in the area to gage intrest of some potetnial canadates. But what I read on one of the Canes sites they seem to think it is Chris Peterson.

I think with how Watson is pursuing these jobs, it is more like he wants to leave rather than Bo wanting to let him go, although it would be hard to blame Bo if the split were to be considered mutual. Unless Bo has a top-tier staff in mind and he can go out and get them though, I wouldn't hold out hope (for big changes) either way. But who knows, maybe Beck is a superstar waiting to happen.

I don't think typically you look at a 10-3 program, likely 11-3, as ones where a whole bunch of coaches need to be fired. But if there are to be changes, some would be more deserved than others. Given that we are 10-3 I don't think it should be a case where anyone has to "take a fall", because I mean, we're 10-3.

Theeeeeen again, people are going to bring this up, and there's not too much to say to that: 2003.

Not trying to single you out for criticism here, but this is the perfect example of mashing rumors with plausible derivatives into something even more ridiculous.

If there is a grand plot to get rid of Watson it's not possibly that complicated. Coaches don't often get thrown under the bus by their peers. If Bo wants Watson out he'll wait until the end of the season and lay down the usual narrative or moving in a different direction, thank you Shawn for all your hard work for the program. That's how coaches are let go unless the season is a spectacular failure necessitating change midway.

Hey Hercules, I trimmed down the quoted section because we actually got a request specifically from the Omaha World Herald, about reproducing their article request. Everyone, there should be an announcement regarding article posting etiquette/form coming soon. It's something we have been over a few times before so not a very new topic, but keep the blurb short (paragraph) and limit it to a link if you can help it.

I'll spotlight the bolded part you had in your earlier post:

Two sources in the NU athletic department say Pelini felt betrayed by Perlman's admonishment of the coach's behavior at Texas A&M on Nov. 20. Perlman called Pelini's outburst “unfortunate'' and added “we'll have to address it'' with him.

I don't know that I agree with this type of thing getting dragged out into the open in a news article. Should belong in the realm of message board innuendo, IMO.

Hey Hercules, I trimmed down the quoted section because we actually got a request specifically from the Omaha World Herald, about reproducing their article request. Everyone, there should be an announcement regarding article posting etiquette/form coming soon. It's something we have been over a few times before so not a very new topic, but keep the blurb short (paragraph) and limit it to a link if you can help it.

I'll spotlight the bolded part you had in your earlier post:

Two sources in the NU athletic department say Pelini felt betrayed by Perlman's admonishment of the coach's behavior at Texas A&M on Nov. 20. Perlman called Pelini's outburst “unfortunate'' and added “we'll have to address it'' with him.

I don't know that I agree with this type of thing getting dragged out into the open in a news article. Should belong in the realm of message board innuendo, IMO.

Sorry about that zoogies, didn't know the rules I guess.

It is sort of insider politics. I don't mind a journalistic entity printing it if they have sources. I'd be curious about whether those sources described a relationship between Pelini feeling betrayed and the UM rumors, or if Shatel made that leap himself... It kind of sounds like he made it himself, which makes it innuendo all the same.

But if he's got sources that he trusts, I'm ok with it being printed. It's when they print rumors that they got off a message board, without trustworthy sources, that I go crazy.

And, though Bo probably wouldn't like the fact that somebody wrote that or that sources have leaked that information - if he's actually playing politics with this UM thing, then he should know this stuff getting out is all part of the game.

Of course, if nobody's playing politics, somebody REALLY needs to give Pelini, Osborne, and Perlman a crash course in public relations.