Bo looking into the Miami HC Job

epocSoN

I think we all have to get used to the idea that Bo's name will pop up in these things as long as he is successful. It is kind of a compliment to our program.

Thats fine, but what is not fine is him supposedly showing interest?

Always keep your options open.

All the crying in this state probably makes him sick anyhow.

After almost 4 years of reading and participating on Husker Board I just want to let you all know "We are all insane". I can not recall a crazier season on this board thus far. It started with Owa (and everything in between...texas, taylor, watson...etc) and now Bo leaving. This to me is better than watching TV you've got your rumors, drama, comedy and bickering all in one. :snacks:

Thank you for the entertainment.

• Fire 2

I don't believe he is leaving. I don't believe it at all. But, maybe he does want to go to the Big 10....eventually .... as the Ohio State coach. And he thinks that joining the Big 10 at another school would hurt that. :dunno Just something more to add fuel to the rumor fire. I made up this speculation on my own with no basis.

That's the fourth time I've heard that theory today. I think it's plausible, though I'm not losing any sleep over it either.

Maybe the most 'telling' part here is that the rumor is more than 24 hours old and NO ONE within the NU athletic department has "officially" said that Bo is staying. I know that Bo responded last night about "rumors and inuendos"....but when 2 very large papers in Miami and Espn reports it, it has reached more than Rumor.

If he wasn't interested, he would have come out and said it publically by now.

The board is turning into "Melrose Place"... Bo is nt leaving yet, i do not believe this is a ploy for more cash... It is just a compliment to our coach that he is mentioned. I believe when him and TO drew up his contract, it was very fair for a first year HC. Also, it was laden with large bonuses for performance. He has received a raise and life is pretty good here. We have not reached the point in our program where Bo would be satisfied to leave us high and dry just yet.

I guess u guys don't read espn.com very much. They reported that TO did miami never asked for permission to speak to bo and bo said he never seeked permission from TO

Is this the article you're talking about? I assumed it had already been posted.

LINCOLN, Neb. -- Nebraska's athletic director is denying a report that coach Bo Pelini is a candidate for Miami's coaching job.

Athletic director Tom Osborne told the Lincoln Journal Star that he has not given Pelini permission to speak to Miami about the job, and Pelini says he didn't seek permission to interview for another job. Pelini wouldn't otherwise comment publicly on the report.

Pelini's Cornhuskers (No. 18 BCS, No. 17 AP) are 10-3 heading into the Dec. 30 Bridgepoint Education Holiday Bowl game against Washington (6-6).

Miami fired Randy Shannon last month after a 7-5 season. The Miami Herald, citing a University of Miami source it did not identify, reported Thursday that school officials planned to talk to the third-year Nebraska coach.

Pelini and Nebraska football officials didn't immediately return messages left Thursday. A secretary for Osborne said he had told her to tell callers: "There's nothing to comment on."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5902864

At least for me the bolded statement is reassuring.

After almost 4 years of reading and participating on Husker Board I just want to let you all know "We are all insane". I can not recall a crazier season on this board thus far. It started with Owa (and everything in between...texas, taylor, watson...etc) and now Bo leaving. This to me is better than watching TV you've got your rumors, drama, comedy and bickering all in one. :snacks:

Thank you for the entertainment.

What I love is that I was Able to stop watching the "Housewives of DC/Atlanta/LA" because the Huskers have given us all kinds of Drama this year.

The board is turning into "Melrose Place"... Bo is nt leaving yet, i do not believe this is a ploy for more cash... It is just a compliment to our coach that he is mentioned. I believe when him and TO drew up his contract, it was very fair for a first year HC. Also, it was laden with large bonuses for performance. He has received a raise and life is pretty good here. We have not reached the point in our program where Bo would be satisfied to leave us high and dry just yet.

I see three possibilities, In this order:

1)Bo is going down as a courtesy to his old friend

2) It's money related and keeps NE honest ..... (figuratively speaking not saying we are dishonest)

3) He'd love to go coach in an inferior league with better talent all around along with beaches, babes and did I say babes.

We are the most insecure fan base in college football, aren't we? Some reporter in Miami writes some wholly bogus story about Bo and this board has a collective conniption fit.

While I've enjoyed skewering all the rumors, this has been a bizarre day. I love you guys, but frankly, sometimes this rumor stuff is trying even for me.

Anyway.

:)

I'm out. I'm sure no one will miss me, but I'm not gonna miss these stupid rumors either. It's one thing to talk recruits, injuries, speculation, x's & o's, game plans, etc etc, but until I see it happen I'm done following the Watson, Bo, Martin-ez, rumor mill. Late

PEACE